British Speedway Forum

32 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well well well. So I was correct way back in September!!!:D

You were not far short of the mark Skidder as your initial bloodhound skills did point us in the direction that Matt and Cook had been talking behind closed doors in the Poole office one race night at the time. You were so nearly right on this one ;-)

Now one for your insider knowledge talents. Do you think Chris H will sign or not ??

We are heading towards Christmas and no announcement yet (although we know Matt tries to work his headlines outside of the Bournemouth FC news hitting the Echo).

The forum has had plenty of rumours about Chris being miffed at not signing Jack and as a result wants to move. Probably not helpful also if Somerset do race on a Wed to clash with Poole race day meaning Chris cant help out little Bro with advice and pits back up on Somerset race nights. Also rumours about maybe he isn't happy at being offered a 7 pointer pay deal instead of what he's been used to as a number one.

Do you think we are far away from the next team announcement ??.

36 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Well well well. So I was correct way back in September!!!:D

A deal isn't done until it is concluded so in that respect you were not right because he is at Swindon and not Poole.  In September, it probably was looking like a done deal (which is why you incorrectly think you were right) but a few months down the line and that deal hit the skids and no longer exists.  A lesson for Matt in contracts :wink::wink::wink: 

5 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

A deal isn't done until it is concluded so in that respect you were not right because he is at Swindon and not Poole.  In September, it probably was looking like a done deal (which is why you incorrectly think you were right) but a few months down the line and that deal hit the skids and no longer exists.  A lesson for Matt in contracts :wink::wink::wink: 

Skidder was not wrong in the fact that discussions had taken place behind closed doors back in September. The fact that Ford could not conclude the deal does not distract from the fact the initial information was right about talks taking place to have him possibly be signed as an asset for Poole. Speedway was the winner here as I said in an earlier post. The  2 riders have both ended up with double up contracts and who knows that maybe the deal also helped sweeten up Morris doubling up for both teams as well. Certainly something that Matt Ford was not able to put on the table. I think 3 riders have possibly ending up benefiting from the deal plus Lakeside supporters get to see 3 Swindon riders (maybe 4 if Swindon were to sign Clegg which is being aired on the forum but may not turn out to be the case).

I think the article in the Echo can be summarised as follows:-

Ford tried to get AE on the cheap, however, Swindon came in with a proper bid and won.

Let’s hope Poundland come in as stadium sponsors, otherwise, there could be more deals turning out like this one for the ‘fallen giants’ of speedway...

3 minutes ago, theblueboy said:

I think the article in the Echo can be summarised as follows:-

Ford tried to get AE on the cheap, however, Swindon came in with a proper bid and won.

Let’s hope Poundland come in as stadium sponsors, otherwise, there could be more deals turning out like this one for the ‘fallen giants’ of speedway...

Haha very funny, just shows we are not prepared to spend over the odds for riders and the deal was sealed because Lakeside wanted to sell both riders and Poole only wanted Ellis so we got Woryna instead who is much better than Ellis.

23 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Haha very funny, just shows we are not prepared to spend over the odds for riders and the deal was sealed because Lakeside wanted to sell both riders and Poole only wanted Ellis so we got Woryna instead who is much better than Ellis.

If Woryna is much better than Ellis then you won't have a problem having Woryna's average re-assessed to reflect this - thought not! :rolleyes: 

matt ford quite sensibly not getting into a bidding  war with a swindon promoter who has considerably more financial clout.shame as i think ellis  would have been an excellent long term signing(unlike the poles who you pretty much know probably arent going to be around to long)

40 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Absolutely. He could have been at “Man City”.  He ended up at “Huddersfield”.

The deal was done then Swindon offered more to Cook. Matt clearly thought his offer fair and wasn’t going to get involved in a bidding war. 

I rate Adam Ellis and think he has a good future in the sport.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The deal was done then Swindon offered more to Cook. Matt clearly thought his offer fair and wasn’t going to get involved in a bidding war. 

Fishing again (sigh)! :rolleyes:

35 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Ah, Huddersfield, the reigning Premier League Champions, like Swindon! While Poole are rapidly disappearing into history, like Notts County. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, DC2 said:

Ah, Huddersfield, the reigning Premier League Champions, like Swindon! While Poole are rapidly disappearing into history, like Notts County. :)

At least we got a history !!!

53 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

My oh my your idiocy knows no bounds 

3 minutes ago, ray c said:

At least we got a history !!!

To br fair Ray,every club has a history.Just some read better than others:wink:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

You were not far short of the mark Skidder as your initial bloodhound skills did point us in the direction that Matt and Cook had been talking behind closed doors in the Poole office one race night at the time. You were so nearly right on this one ;-)

Now one for your insider knowledge talents. Do you think Chris H will sign or not ??

We are heading towards Christmas and no announcement yet (although we know Matt tries to work his headlines outside of the Bournemouth FC news hitting the Echo).

The forum has had plenty of rumours about Chris being miffed at not signing Jack and as a result wants to move. Probably not helpful also if Somerset do race on a Wed to clash with Poole race day meaning Chris cant help out little Bro with advice and pits back up on Somerset race nights. Also rumours about maybe he isn't happy at being offered a 7 pointer pay deal instead of what he's been used to as a number one.

Do you think we are far away from the next team announcement ??.

Matt has indicated one further signing announcement before Christmas!!

As I understand things, CH was in every one of MF's team options, until he started 'insisting' that his brother also had to be part of the deal, to which MF wasn't having any and told him to 'go away' and see if Somerset were prepared to pay for the privilege?!

Further discussions have still taken place, but I think the final line-up is dependent on the Poles relaxing their 3-league ruling.  The last I heard the final 3 could be Holder, Sundstrom (or Hans) and Shanes. BUT that can always change and we could still have the 2 Poles at reserve (doubtful but a possibility)...............................;)

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Matt has indicated one further signing announcement before Christmas!!

As I understand things, CH was in every one of MF's team options, until he started 'insisting' that his brother also had to be part of the deal, to which MF wasn't having any and told him to 'go away' and see if Somerset were prepared to pay for the privilege?!

Further discussions have still taken place, but I think the final line-up is dependent on the Poles relaxing their 3-league ruling.  The last I heard the final 3 could be Holder, Sundstrom (or Hans) and Shanes. BUT that can always change and we could still have the 2 Poles at reserve (doubtful but a possibility)...............................;)

That would be enough to tell me everything I wanted to know.I wouldn't want to have him in my team after that in princible.Unless I wanted to win at all costs that is:wink:

• Like 1