British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Somerset V Wolverhampton Wednesday August 9th

We don't have a Home league fixture for 5 weeks, then 4 in the space of 2 weeks. Friday, Wednesday, Monday, Friday.

It's complete and utter madness....

I love Somerset to bits...but really? This is becoming a farce.

• Like 6

We don't have a Home league fixture for 5 weeks, then 4 in the space of 2 weeks. Friday, Wednesday, Monday, Friday.

And if we have a couple of weeks of bad weather and rain offs, just like Swindon and probably others, you could be in a position of not being able to finish all your meetings before the play off cut off dates. I agree the scheduling this season has been really bad.

• Like 4

When the Warsaw GP was called off by the riders a couple of years ago I thought this is going to cause problems in the long term.

I can't actually remember what the last meeting was at Somerset, it's been that long. Absolute madness and insane fixture planning.

If the weather though at the OTA tonight has been anything like 10 minutes up the road, then the right call was made tonight for sure.

I'm not far from the OTA and to be fair when it was called off earlier I was a little surprised, it began raining when I was leaving work although not too hard. Think the right decision was made, nothing worse than standing around getting wet waiting for a decision to be made.

Agree fixture planning not the best, as luck would have it I've not found anything else to do on a Friday evening. Roll on next week!!!!

Lindgren missing riding for Rybnik in Poland- however Schlein has told Rybnik that he is riding in England not Poland.

Incidently next Friday 4th August when Belle Vue visit it`s the Danish final that night- so will Bjerre and or Hougaard be missing ?

To soon

What has it got to do with the riders having a say fella? They have far too much influence imo.

I'm fed up with the safety issue being used as a 'poor me' card. It's used to often when it suits them. A great deal of Speedway riders, ride bikes for fun in their spare time and do what we think is foolish. It's in their blood and how many of them get their kicks. If Speedway didn't exist, they'd be doing some other mad adrenalin fuelled sport and taking massive risks.

There is nothing wrong in riding in wet conditions...you race according to the conditions. It happens in other sports, yet Speedway seems to shut down at the slightest hint of the wet stuff...which is madness, especially in this Country where it rains so much.

They may not like getting wet and dirty...but tough. If it's raceable...then race...even if it means adjusting to conditions and racing slower and with more caution.

Soon there will be no speedway as we know it, and no living to make, if these riders keep making the call.

Tin hat on waiting for the shells to come in ;-)

Stand on your head and speak up buddy !!!

I can't actually remember what the last meeting was at Somerset, it's been that long. Absolute madness and insane fixture planning.

If the weather though at the OTA tonight has been anything like 10 minutes up the road, then the right call was made tonight for sure.

Just over a mile away and hardly saw any rain all day, shows how different it can be in such a short distance. Remember 4 or 5 years ago a meeting that was abandoned when heavy rain came and flooded the track, 5 minutes down the road the sun was out and completely dry!

What I like about the NL is, they get on with it. Last night at lakeside the rain came down and the riders were at the tapes ready to race. Visibility must have been poor at times, but there were no complaints.

• Like 2

What`s to soon ??

Obviously meant 'too' soon. Referring to the early call off.