British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

Sadly, although Holder and Batch have got the temporary inconvenience (and lost earnings) from this avoidable situation, the real loser yet again is British speedway. Hopefully the national press don't get hold of the story, otherwise it's yet another nail in the coffin.

Why couldn't Chapman and the riders have sat down and discussed their issues before it came to this? I'm sure that if either party had offered, something could have been agreed - but no, a lack of communication has left all the parties looking a bit amateurish (including the sport itself).

It will be interesting to see what sort of reception the two riders get (if) they ever appear at KL again.

Edited by Garry1603
  • Like 2

It's obvious that NO GP riders or anywhere world class ( on consistent basis ) are going to ride in the UK because of the likely new Poland and ONE other league. And because the money on offer here is very much below that on offer in Poland and Sweden. Let them ride there. If we have entertaining speedway of a lower level what's the problem? We can enjoy the "cream" in the GP's.

• Like 1

lisa-colette, on 01 Aug 2017 - 1:25 PM, said:lisa-colette, on 01 Aug 2017 - 1:25 PM, said:

Either that or riders won't want to go to KL in the future.

Really, so riders who hold out for better deals get itchy feet the nearer the season approaches, do you really think they wouldn't sign if offered a deal...;lets not forget most riders only know how to ride a speedway bike...

Edited by Odds On

"Eat rubbish"?!?

Good to see Darcy hasn't become any more articulate 😅

😂 Indeed That was to me.. he's such a clever fella

Indeed That was to me.. he's such a clever fella

Brilliant on a speedway bike

I've tried to draw the conversation to this on a number of occassions, and have noted several hissy fits from riders involved on the night on social media regarding the situation.

Here goes again. All the riders apparently thought the track was unsafe on the night according to J Holder, who is now claiming as much on twitter. Why didn't he, and others, back C Holder up on the night instead of leaving him to carry the can on his own?

Total lack of rider solidarity. It's totally baffling to me.

Edited by CB252
  • Like 1

I've tried to draw the conversation to this on a number of occassions, and have noted several hissy fits from riders involved on the night on social media regarding the situation.

Here goes again. All the riders apparently thought the track was unsafe on the night according to J Holder, who is now claiming as much on twitter. Why didn't he, and others, back C Holder up on the night instead of leaving him to carry the can on his own?

Probably something to do with the fact that Jack still has a job.

Really, so riders who hold out for better deals get itchy feet the nearer the season approaches, do you really think they wouldn't sign if offered a deal...;lets not forget most riders only know how to ride a speedway bike...

They would if they were desperate but all the decent ones would go elsewhere. As long as KL don't want any more Aussies that's fine as they tend to stick together.

Not to me ............... its very easy for them to make any claim they like........... AFTER the event !!!

We've been told by several posters that Poole wanted the points as they could see certain riders were not up for it. Points over safety? Anyway riders asked for a track grade and got it with Hans saying the track was fine after that happened. Holder and Batchelor still went home.

Baffles the heck out of me as well, Well no it doesn't actually speedway riders in the main are a selfish lot, if it doesn't affect them personally or in the pocket they don't want to know that's why several attempts have been made to set up an effective Riders Association and have all failed. IF tracks are as dangerous as some riders claim, silencers are as dangerous as some claim it would seem the sensible thing for all the riders to get together and try to thrash out solutions with the authorities (whoever they may be).

Any statement from Chris Holder yet?

Any big howls of protest from other promoters about Chapman's actions yet?

Fair play to Chapman for screwing these two over, long overdue in my opinion. Both of them seem to think Speedway in this country owes them one. Yes, speedway in GB is a shambles I am not doubting that, but both have been very vocal in slagging it off plenty yet come out crying when they cant ride here for the rest of the season. Holder has been frankly garbage this season, his massive ego maybe just caught up with him. If Hancock hadn't got injured his younger brother could have potentially taken his place in the Torun side. I mean how ego denting must it have been to have been dropped for Tungate in Sweden two weeks ago :lol: . Hopefully we don't have to see these two back in Speedway in this country and if that affects their visas then more the better.

• Like 3