British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Holder Sacked

I know it is going back a few years but does anyone recall Tommy Turner AKA Synikalle plus numerous other aliases?

Another south coast based poster who was a bit of a computer whizz if I remember.

There were new names popping up all over the forum and everyone was a pirate fan, come to think of it , very similar to what's going on at present. :D

Edited by Dave Jones

You obviously have a problem with all of this. No other rider would have done what Holder and Batchelor did. If there were a problem with the track safety, then there is a protocol of how to behave. The procedure is to complain to first your Team manager, then Team Mates/ Opposition riders and Manager/ Referee. Then a meeting with all concerned, Group Decisions made , Vote taken. Conclusion.... It was decided by both teams, to continue with the meeting. Holder and Batchelor behaviour was undefendable.. Even his own Brother didn't back him up...

From somebody who was there, I was annoyed at the delays caused by track preparation and objections. Had the riders voted at this meeting with the Ref, enblock to refuse to ride the track, I would have said fair doos and excepted that the track was it blame. We would have gone home knowing the match to be played another day. But to hang around for over an hour waiting on Buster to do all the required remedy work was no joke. Then, to add insult to the fire, we then find out our two top riders had done a runner.

So in your blinded direction, trying to relieve Holder and Batch any responsibility , I suggest you smell the coffee and realise this whole episode is down to the behaviour of Chris Holder who thought he was above all others and do as he liked. He tried hard to get others to back him, but it was only the rat Batchelor who would follow the piper.

Seeing all you others, trying to justify Holder's behaviour makes my blood boil..... He choice this direction, which has supplied him with a wonderful standard of life. One with many highs as well as lows. To see him ridicule others on twitter, and 'likes' anybody stupid enough to voice a pinioned comment, make us realise just how shallow his man has become. I once held him in high esteem as a man determine to succeed, and applauded loudly at his World Champion success. But them days are long gone. He now is only a shadow of the person he used to be, both as a man and as a rider.....

Good post ...

I know it is going back a few years but does anyone recall Tommy Turner AKA Synikalle plus numerous other aliases?

Another south coast based poster who was a bit of a computer whizz if I remember.

There were new names popping up all over the forum and everyone was a pirate fan, come to think of it , very similar to what's going on at present. :D

Yeh that's Gater1 and the other ones.. he's still here. Oddly enough he's reasonably sane in private messages him but obviously a whole different character on the forum itself.

• Like 2

Aye, and even then Batchelor tried to weasel out of any responsibility by throwing a sickie.

I find it quite gratifying to finally see Batchelor dumped on from a great height after how he's shat on and generally messed people about over the years....

He was even still at it in his pathetic 'poor me' press release recently. Plainly, he couldn't care less who got thrown out of work at Poole or wherever, so long as he got what he wanted. Well, it looks as though it wasn't just Buster Chapman who was monitoring his performances for Swindon before returning to Kings Lynn for some more serious pi$$ taking. Other promoters must have though 'how long before he does that here?' and left well alone.

Looks like both are finished over here, and you couldn't seriously blame promoters for turning their backs on both of them after this.

As I stated previously on another thread , perhaps this incident has caused the promoters to get their respective heads together and pull in the same direction for once.

The sport is heading downwards at a rapid rate so we must hope that this is a turning point as positive & sensible decision making will give the majority of fans a big lift I'm sure.

• Like 4

You obviously have a problem with all of this. No other rider would have done what Holder and Batchelor did. If there were a problem with the track safety, then there is a protocol of how to behave. The procedure is to complain to first your Team manager, then Team Mates/ Opposition riders and Manager/ Referee. Then a meeting with all concerned, Group Decisions made , Vote taken. Conclusion.... It was decided by both teams, to continue with the meeting. Holder and Batchelor behaviour was undefendable.. Even his own Brother didn't back him up...

From somebody who was there, I was annoyed at the delays caused by track preparation and objections. Had the riders voted at this meeting with the Ref, enblock to refuse to ride the track, I would have said fair doos and excepted that the track was it blame. We would have gone home knowing the match to be played another day. But to hang around for over an hour waiting on Buster to do all the required remedy work was no joke. Then, to add insult to the fire, we then find out our two top riders had done a runner.

So in your blinded direction, trying to relieve Holder and Batch any responsibility , I suggest you smell the coffee and realise this whole episode is down to the behaviour of Chris Holder who thought he was above all others and do as he liked. He tried hard to get others to back him, but it was only the rat Batchelor who would follow the piper.

Seeing all you others, trying to justify Holder's behaviour makes my blood boil..... He choice this direction, which has supplied him with a wonderful standard of life. One with many highs as well as lows. To see him ridicule others on twitter, and 'likes' anybody stupid enough to voice a pinioned comment, make us realise just how shallow his man has become. I once held him in high esteem as a man determine to succeed, and applauded loudly at his World Champion success. But them days are long gone. He now is only a shadow of the person he used to be, both as a man and as a rider.....

I ask you the question, why do you think he's the shadow of the man or person he once was.

Right I've learnt some new names on this thread so who the fk is Tom? and who the fk is Christine?

Still not a word of condemnation or even disapproval from other promoters/team managers. Strange given that one of them is also the Aussie team manager :P

Looks very much like a united front to me.

your not allowed to speak out against buster if your a licenced official , I was told that by an official last week over a different matter that they felt should be delt with
  • Like 1

Would have been a good post except for one fact. Buster Chapman caused the whole sorry issue by failing to prepare a safe racing track. I have stated that neither Holder or Batchelor acted responsibly, but rather than just sack the pair, (he clearly doesn't have an apology in his repertoire) he then became vindictive by making sure both riders couldn't ride again this season. The whole episode is the fault of Chapman. The right thing to have done would have been to apologise to the riders and fans for preparing a track deemed dangerous. But instead he acted spitefully and in a retaliatory manner unbecoming of someone who is currently the BSPA chairman.
  • Like 1

A lot of riders act out of spite, maybe Keith had had enough.

Hopefully next season he will come back too Kings Lynn with Poole and do his talking on the track

Would have been a good post except for one fact. Buster Chapman caused the whole sorry issue by failing to prepare a safe racing track. I have stated that neither Holder or Batchelor acted responsibly, but rather than just sack the pair, (he clearly doesn't have an apology in his repertoire) he then became vindictive by making sure both riders couldn't ride again this season. The whole episode is the fault of Chapman. The right thing to have done would have been to apologise to the riders and fans for preparing a track deemed dangerous. But instead he acted spitefully and in a retaliatory manner unbecoming of someone who is currently the BSPA chairman.

If the track was dangerous Andersen would have been the first one to have his say.

• Like 1

Absolutely spot on. Every word of it. If Chapman had done his job properly in the first place, none of this would have happened.

• Like 1

I know someone that spoke to two Lynn riders the next day.Both said it was grippy but rideable.They were a lot lesser riders than Batch and a former World champ and GP star(no disrespect at all). The track wasn't good,Grippy but was RIDEABLE..Fast times.It appears Buster don't do whingers.If Folder was with Poole that night would he of started the crap about the track ?????

Edited by Bald Bloke