British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedwaycrazy

Fixture Cut Off Date...has It Been Extended?

Hi All,

It appears a few teams haven't been able to reschedule matches before 6th September...namely Rye House, Kings Lynn and Somerset.

I assume the date will be extended otherwise it makes a farce of the league!

The cynics amongst us would say it is a farce anyway with one match a fortnight if you are lucky in the summer and now having to cram 5 matches into two weeks at the death!

• Like 3

the playoff teams remaining fixtures will be prioritised and the others will have an extended end date IMHO

the playoff teams remaining fixtures will be prioritised and the others will have an extended end date IMHO

But with Poole, Rye House, Kings Lynn and Somerset all in the play off picture that is not easy to do!

• Like 1

King's Lynn v Rye House was postponed on 19 July. Exactly a month later, you have to wonder why this has not yet been re-arranged. And you have to wonder why neither club seems willing to make any public comment on the matter.

Happens every year, there is a complete lack of urgency to rearrange fixtures during the season, sometimes weeks without a fixture then just a mad rush to fit them in at end.

• Like 5

Happens every year, there is a complete lack of urgency to rearrange fixtures during the season, sometimes weeks without a fixture then just a mad rush to fit them in at end.

Of course it does, the powers that be are clueless.

But with Poole, Rye House, Kings Lynn and Somerset all in the play off picture that is not easy to do!

So if the 4 clubs are still trying to get into the 4th place and the top 3 certain, all meetings are important and urgent, but as with previous years we have a mad scramble again.

• Like 1

There will just call it and if you haven't completed your fixtures then tough. It happened to Belle Vue so I doubt it will change to help out other teams.

• Like 2

There will just call it and if you haven't completed your fixtures then tough. It happened to Belle Vue so I doubt it will change to help out other teams.

Said this will happen a couple of weeks ago, don't know why anyone would think any otherwise with the jokers in charge of Brit speedway these days!.

Fair comment from Rob B and A Orlov - but the point I was making with my post was that in the case of King's Lynn v Rye House (and RH v KL), there does not seem to be any mad scramble to fit the fixtures in! Perhaps the clubs spoke and couldn't agree an dates, and have now given up. An odd situation, given RH's recent team changes in an apparent desperate attempt to make the play-offs.

• Like 1

Fair comment from Rob B and A Orlov - but the point I was making with my post was that in the case of King's Lynn v Rye House (and RH v KL), there does not seem to be any mad scramble to fit the fixtures in! Perhaps the clubs spoke and couldn't agree an dates, and have now given up. An odd situation, given RH's recent team changes in an apparent desperate attempt to make the play-offs.

I thought the home club is supposed to give the away club three dates of when to stage the fixture and one of them has to be agreed to?!

As long as there are no more rain offs Somerset will fulfil all fixtures by 2nd Sept.

Kjngs lynn have double header wednesday so that another two meetings ticked off, i think Poole shouldnt be a problem and i think most teams will be ok barring rain offs.

Wheres Fred Flange he normally has a opinion regarding play offs!

It does seem strange that teams go so many weeks without a fixture yet as soon as TV give them the fixtures they want to show on Monday nights it appears never a problem in putting the meeting on...

With only Wolves (and their opponents) riding on a Monday, surely teams should be using this night to complete re-arranged matches..?

Rider availability also seems good on a Monday and given each team appears on TV on this night I presume planning permission to race on a Monday is sought and granted by clubs?

Better than cramming in meetings...

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1