British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Steve Shovlar

Poole V Belle Vue 28/8/17 11am.

Aces picked their worst day of the year to leave their gating gloves at home.

Just glad it doesn't matter. Phew!

OMG some big mouthed, contradictory Poole fans on the first turn, in one breath the riders aren't trying, next min whooping after a five one. Fully grown blokes too, I guess every club has them!!

• Like 1

OMG some big mouthed, contradictory Poole fans on the first turn, in one breath the riders aren't trying, next min whooping after a five one. Fully grown blokes too, I guess every club has them!!

We seem to have more than our fair share sorry to say.

Well three weeks ago Pirates would probably have crumbled and lost that meeting. But now they seem to have lots of fighting spirit back. Not enough to challenge for the title but enough to hold our heads up with some pride. The 30-60 debacle seems an age ago. Middlo working his magic and its now rubbing off on the riders, proving just how important he is to the Poole club. And long may he remain.

With Poole starting like a train it looked good but BV fought their way back as the track slickened off. When they took the lead it looked like they would romp away with it but Pirates dug deep and battled hard to win it with a race to go.

For Poole

Brady was good until it slicked off then rode well in heat 15 to deny BV a losing point.

Holder rode well and had a titanic battle with Cook in one heat where Cook knocked him out of the way. Holder could have laid it down but stayed on. He did the dying swan in his next to get a rerun but justice was served as Brady failed to capitalise on the second chance.

Starke was poor bar one ride.

Kennett battled very well.

Andersen. Rode poorly in his first two. He had an almighty tussle with Cook where ge cut off Cooks run allowing Lahti through. He is better when he comes off the white line.

Lahti was very good. Much improved from a few weeks ago.

Shanes was excellent. Battled all the way.

For BV

Bjerre was useless. Didn't like it at all.

Worrall was excellent. Big score fully deserved.

Tungate was very good. Best seen him at Poole.

Cook battled but pulled up twice and outthought and outfought.

Bewley found it too tough.

Smith is out of his depth.

Great win for Pirates. Need to try and get a point tonight. Not going to be easy or expected to be honest.

Credit where credits due I thought you were taking the "10" count after our match at Poole but whilst you still are staggering on with close wins (Wolves were missing Masters and Riss M) and today (BV were missing Fricke and "Bjerre")you are like a dog clinging on to a trouser leg and although the way we are riding at home it should be a clear home win I for one are more than a little concerned you may at least nick a point.

Well done to the Pirates. I thought we'd pinch it by a couple of points which would have been enough in any case, but some determined riding from the skipper (to earn himself Rider of the Day award) was a joy to watch. As was Timo on his new Matt Ford engine!!!

Cookie loves to dish it out but he doesn't like it when he's on the receiving end does he?!

• Like 1

NOT for the first time in his British career, Bjerre seems to be off the pace late in the season.

A tweet reported from BJERRE this afternoon saying he was on one of his brothers engine as problems with his.

Sounds like it wasn't any better than his own.

A tweet reported from BJERRE this afternoon saying he was on one of his brothers engine as problems with his.

Juniors was certainly fine on Friday night !

• Like 1

Nope 100% correct................so when the opposition are poor then it can hardly be classed as a battling win then.

Move on Gavin, Poole won and deserved the win , would have been even more if it wasn't for that stupid tactical rule

Decent backs to the wall show from The Aces who just missed out on a point in the last heat. Tbh I thought this would have been over far earlier with Ken & Max's rides netting only 6 points. Poole can only beat what's put in front of them I guess.

Another aggregate win to add to our impressive total, so it bodes well for the forthcoming cup ties.

It may not be the engine that's the problem!

I don't get this choked. If Poole lose, which I don't think they will if Lahti does well at reserve, why can't they just have lost to the better team on the day like everyone else.

As for favourites to finish 4th. At the moment Rye House are +3 and Poole +1 when you look at points lost at home versus points gained away so arguably Rye are favourites but realistically not much in it.

Yes but Gavan can't slag off Poole then! :D

Think Poole will win this. Fricke is a loss for Belle Vue and they are coming in to this after a home defeat. The Aces aren't looking as strong now.

Predict 52-38

Fricke is not a loss at Poole! Good prediction in the end, not far out!

Yes well done Poole............beating a side whose reserves got beat 17 points to 3......who had r/r which accrued another 3 points....and a number one who only scored........wait for it 3 points!

Well done battling to beat a team of 3 riders.........you make it sound like you won against the odds

been done before loads of times but still cheating........at least it didnt affect the result at all.

Poole got the 3 points as expected

'Bout time someone else's no1 did rubbish. Know how that feels!!
  • Like 1