British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn 2018..

20 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I just can't get excited by this team.

The majority of the team have been part of the failing team of the last few years. 

I'm just not seeing the average improvements in the riders signed.

Lets see how it goes.I'm hoping if changes are needed, Buster won't be slow in replacing any who ain't doing their job.

I see adults prices have gone up £1 but at the same time children u16 are now free, 11-16 was £5 last season. Savings for families which I guess is the idea.

Just now, foreverblue said:

Can't believe any Kings Lynn fans won't be excited by seeing Iversen back.

Oh I can ........... there's one or two persistent moaners. 

I'm sure they won't let us down .................... come on "webby" where are you?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Great news.I was hoping it was NKI back instead of Kenny after Anderson was announced.Would of wasted  points if it was Kenny.

Pleased to see Iversen back, a rider I enjoy watching. Hopefully, he will be back at his best.

6 minutes ago, Woz01 said:

I see adults prices have gone up £1 but at the same time children u16 are now free, 11-16 was £5 last season. Savings for families which I guess is the idea.

That sounds like a good deal for the fans.:t:.My 15 year old will be attending more.

Edited by Bald Bloke

31 minutes ago, Bert said:

FFS can yo stop moaning !

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Lets see how it goes.I'm hoping if changes are needed, Buster won't be slow in replacing any who ain't doing their job.

10 minutes ago, DizzAssStar said:

I'm sure they won't let us down .................... come on "webby" where are you?

I'm allowed an opinion regardless of whether you see it as moaning or not.

As of now to your great delight I'm sure, I'm no longer attending. There's no justification in increasing adult admission prices in an even further watered down league.

As they say in Dragons Den - I'm Out

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, DizzAssStar said:

I'd hate to let you down so here goes:D.

Not much to say really, the team doesn't excite me, brilliant points scorer he may be but I don't put NKI in the entertaining bracket like Nicki P, as for the others, most of them have been there and not really done it. Seen too many "promising, rising stars" in years gone by to believe all the hype about the newbies. We were promised a new era for fans...not seen any sign of that and they put the price up. So that's me moaning. You might not like the fact I have that opinion but that's tough. 

Show me the positives and i might just might think again. Nah I won't lets be honest. Cant see me at Lynn this season. IF I go to speedway it will be at Peterborough where they know the word entertainment and actually provide it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Daniel Smith said:

I'm allowed an opinion regardless of whether you see it as moaning or not.

As of now to your great delight I'm sure, I'm no longer attending. There's no justification in increasing adult admission prices in an even further watered down league.

As they say in Dragons Den - I'm Out

Surely adults with kids 11-16 wouldn't mind paying a pound more,making a £4 saving overall.It's trying to get more youngsters involved.I know it don't help people without kids in this age bracket,but they need to balance the books.

1 minute ago, Star Lady said:

I'd hate to let you down so here goes:D.

Not much to say really, the team doesn't excite me, brilliant points scorer he may be but I don't put NKI in the entertaining bracket like Nicki P, as for the others, most of them have been there and not really done it. Seen too many "promising, rising stars" in years gone by to believe all the hype about the newbies. We were promised a new era for fans...not seen any sign of that and they put the price up. So that's me moaning. You might not like the fact I have that opinion but that's tough. 

Show me the positives and i might just might think again. Nah I won't lets be honest. Cant see me at Lynn this season. IF I go to speedway it will be at Peterborough where they know the word entertainment and actually provide it.

And Peterborough is Friday or Sunday so a nice weekend bonus 

• Like 2

It’s not the best team in the world but it is also a team that has potential to surprise a lot of people  (look at Swindon) if proctor returns to what he used to be he’s a very exciting rider and hopefully the new danish guy is good but never heard of him if I’m being honest lol

I don't think there's any doubt that we look one of the weaker sides on paper, but it's far from doom and gloom. We have as good a number one as anyone (apart from perhaps Somerset!) and a strong reserve as well as two promising teenagers. One of the other three needs to step up to third heat leader for us to have a good season and if they can't then we must not delay in bringing somebody in who can.

Being widely predicted to finish 8th means there's only one way to go and that's up, the aim has to be top four. This team ought to be strong at home and needs to hit the ground running to that end, sure there will be some away beatings but hopefully there will be some good showings too. The pressure is off and we need to use that to our advantage. There is always a fancied team who struggles and an unfancied one that flourishes, hopefully that will be us.

Not particularly impressed with the price increase but like the fact that kids are free.

• Like 4

I am not sure i get all the negativity, looks a decent side to me with no obvious weak links and with the second best rider in the league.

• Like 3

If this team get anywhere near the play offs that will be a success in itself 

1.iversen 2.proctor 3.jorghensen 4.Rose 5.lambert 6.kerr 7. Andersen

Where's the heat wins apart from iversen and lambert,looks a very poor top flight team no improvement from those riders at all. 

Looks like the Somerset team the way it' been built but a bit weaker imo, kings Lynn's riders won't get any better where as Somerset riders will,can't see either team winning league or getting play offs. 

Edited by Paddy The Rebel