British Speedway Forum
lisa-colette

Rye House Vs Poole 28/8/17 7.30pm.

I think Poole are still in the driving seat but we could pip them. It'll need a good performance on Thursday at Lynn, I can't see us taking anything from Belle Vue. And then we have to take maximum points from our three remaining home meetings.

If we're in the play-offs we can win the league, simple as that. Though I think we might be found out at reserve away from home.

I'll be delighted if we did go on and win the whole thing of course but a team finishing mid table shouldn't be winning the league. Time for a rethink regarding play-offs for next year.

Rye don't travel well so any talk of title win is at best optimistic.

Last nights track conditions suited Rye but when up against Swindon and BV they will struggle.

Great if they make the play offs but beyond that is a big ask as gating becomes so important.

Plus if they go to BV Harris and Nicholls not great there..although i think Harris has got better there this season?

Rye don't travel well so any talk of title win is at best optimistic.

Last nights track conditions suited Rye but when up against Swindon and BV they will struggle.

Great if they make the play offs but beyond that is a big ask as gating becomes so important.

They didn't travel too bad at Poole!!!!

• Like 1

Leicester just won at Belle Vue so not a fortress. If Poole win at both Lynn and Somerset then i would be concerned. Lets not forget we need to have a pretty big upswing of form against Swindon as well.

Poole have to be favourites but you never know.

What needs to be taken into consideration is that Poole did to Belle Vue yesterday what Rye did to Poole.

Rye might have looked great last night but Poole beat playoff team Belle Vue by a good margin as well just a few hours earlier.

4th place is all to play for and in Poole's hands. If we are pipped by Rye it will be well done to them.

How is it in Poole's hands?

Poole taking maximum points can get to 51, Rye can get to 53. So actually its in Rye's Hands but i d o make Poole favourites

Rye House are 5 points behind Poole, and have 2 home matches in hand. On that basis you have to say Rye are favourites to qualify for the play-offs.

Who have Rye House got guesting for Harris on Wednesday at BV??

Who have Rye House got guesting for Harris on Wednesday at BV??

Why is he missing?

Don't hold your breath

Having seen KK at Lakeside i didn't want him at Rye. Not a team player and his scores were below par and seemed dependent on his mood. Whatever has happened since his arrival its so far so good he seems a changed man and rider so i willingly admit i was wrong. Getting rid of Perks was a poor move and if the intention was to make us stronger away then how can the Promotion be right with their choice of Ben at Reserve which clearly makes us weaker at reserve away from home.

Its been apparent for some time that Edward was weak at No 1 even in the PL last year and was unreliable in heat 15 in the lower league but he was bought in at No1 which was clearly a mistake. So he was got rid of because of an error by the Promotion in their team building not down to his form. Has Ben Barker been an improvement no i don't think so. The treatment of Sedgman was mystifying and pretty poor.

In KK's first match against Swindon he was unavailable and there were few options available. In that defeat which in the scheme of things may well turn out to be the loss that rule us out of the playoffs Kennett's replacement (Barker) scored zero and KK's replacement got 2. In the cup match Perks and Kennett got 13 Pts between them so how well the Promotion have managed things is not as clear cut as everyone believes.

So i do admit it when i am wrong but lets not kid ourselves that the Promotion have got everything right and their decision to have Kennett at No1 1 and include Dave Watt in the team were shocking decisions.

• Like 1

Why is he missing?

BV match is rearranged so Harris is due to ride for Peterborough. Also Newcastle have Steve Worrall riding in that meeting with King guesting for him at BV. Robbo rides at BV for Rye I believe.

honestly confused as you.

Muddlo is Poole's biggest problem.

Dont say that you will have them up in arms!!

To me its the same as Wenger at Arsenal

BV match is rearranged so Harris is due to ride for Peterborough. Also Newcastle have Steve Worrall riding in that meeting with King guesting for him at BV. Robbo rides at BV for Rye I believe.

honestly confused as you.

😂

And Promoters will actually want the fans to take this seriously and turn up...

A potential season defining meeting....😲

British Speedway at its best....😆

Edited by mikebv

Dont say that you will have them up in arms!!

To me its the same as Wenger at Arsenal

Nothing - absolutely nothing - is the same as Wenger at Arsenal!!!!!!! :mad::oops::icon_smile_clown:

Guest GiveusaB

nobody knows the reason why but he did not fit at Poole this year he can easily go sour at rye as well7

The track ???

KK lacks bottle imo !