British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Aces51

Premiership Riders Final, Belle Vue, 16 September, 2017

Lambert was never going to ride in my opinion he rode in Germany last night was he then going to come all the way back to uk to then go right back past where he was last night to race in Poland tomoz

And whilst the current situation regarding medical certificates exists Lambert, Batchelor and any other rider can do this with impunity. The only way to stop it is for the British authorities to say anyone missing a meeting with a medical certificate cannot ride for 3 days (insert time period of choice) afterwards,

It won't stop all the abuse I know but it's gone on for decades and no one in authority seems to have the will to do anything about it.

End of rant.

• Like 4

Lambert needs to face disciplinary action. If he races in Poland tomorrow having raced on Germany yesterday, is this any different than the situation Batchelor was in when he was sacked? I seem to remember talk of it being put in riders contracts that they had to appear in this meeting. I don't know if it was but regardless riders can't be allowed to miss it without genuine excuse.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 2

And whilst the current situation regarding medical certificates exists Lambert, Batchelor and any other rider can do this with impunity. The only way to stop it is for the British authorities to say anyone missing a meeting with a medical certificate cannot ride for 3 days (insert time period of choice) afterwards,

It won't stop all the abuse I know but it's gone on for decades and no one in authority seems to have the will to do anything about it.

End of rant.

I would go further and say 7 days, this is just pi$$taking and everyone knows it.

• Like 2

Doyle is here. Good start

• Like 2

Lambert needs to face disciplinary action. If he races in Poland tomorrow having raced on Germany yesterday, is this any different than the situation Batchelor was in when he was sacked? I seem to remember talk of it being put in riders contracts that they had to appear in this meeting. I don't know if it was but regardless riders can't be allowed to miss it without genuine excuse.

Should be banned, as we all know he will ride tomorrow in Poland.

As with Batchelor he has a medical certificate so cannot be banned as technically he has done nothing wrong.

Morally is another matter.

To be consistent Buster should sack him, but as it's widely rumoured he is moving on anyway maybe Buster has dodged the moral bullet on this one. Something has to be done about these situations tho, not only do fans suffer but the sports good name (if indeed it still has one).

so let me get this right....... you guys would work for £200 taking into account it will cost £200 to get to work ........ ??? !!!! Its about time speedway was promoted in the uk to attract big sponsors.

from the forecast its a good chance of a rain off

And people wonder why Tai doesn't ride in the UK anymore with crap speedway rules and crap so called supporters comments

Chicken and egg. Who would want to sponsor a meeting when riders can't be guaranteed to attend, riders won't give priority to meetings if it's not attractive to them.

As with Batchelor he has a medical certificate so cannot be banned as technically he has done nothing wrong.

Morally is another matter.

To be consistent Buster should sack him, but as it's widely rumoured he is moving on anyway maybe Buster has dodged the moral bullet on this one. Something has to be done about these situations tho, not only do fans suffer but the sports good name (if indeed it still has one).

Something should be done about Chapman.

Well. Lambert the only no show.

Not A great crowd

At last, have the British Speedway public eventually come to their senses and stopped supporting these meetings. Ironic when the fans stay away the meeting retains a decent field for the first time in years.

• Like 1

To be fair i had a day this week where i barely got through work even though i took a couple of pain killers.The next day after a nights rest and a stronger pain killer and a bandage on my kneee i was much better.He only say's he hopes he is ok to ride in Poland,but at some stage he is going to feel better after an incident.It might be a day,it might be two or three.........

At last, have the British Speedway public eventually come to their senses and stopped supporting these meetings. Ironic when the fans stay away the meeting retains a decent field for the first time in years.

You can only have the p1ss taken out of you so many times...

To be fair, Speedways fans have attended any old 'Barry White' for donkeys years and been incredibly loyal considering the ever increasing contrived nonsense served up...

I think this year is a significant turning point in how fans now perceive the Sport...

Many, god bless them, have given those who run the Sport the benefit of the doubt and defended them on many occasions...

I think even those people have now 'had enough'....

A huge task in winning so many back. ..

• Like 3

Bloody loving this meeting. Some brilliant racing tonight 🖒🖒🖒🖒✊

• Like 4

Bloody loving this meeting. Some brilliant racing tonight 🖒🖒🖒🖒✊

Agreed mate. Awesome since about heat 7. Not quite Peter Craven Memorial standard but still superb.

• Like 1