British Speedway Forum
Sidney the robin

How Many Of Us Are Losing Interest.?

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

As have you 

No... I'm going to attend a speedway meeting as soon as I'm allowed to following whatever restrictions are required

• Like 1

On 9/27/2020 at 8:07 PM, Trees said:

Can't wait to see some live speedway again, particularly supporting my team :D  Lost interest, no way!!!!

I have watched a few of the Polish meetings etc on PremierTV but apart from watching the form of a few riders they do nothing for me, I feel no passion for any Polish team lol

I am quite excited about the prospect of British Speedway streaming, particularly if the BSPL somehow have meetings streamed on a regular basis next year, would love to be able to watch Lynn's away meetings and I would certainly pay for the privilege .......

I think a lot of fans would pay to watch a streaming meeting of their team at an away venue, I certainly would but would it be viable to set up and stream it at a reasonable cost.

I don’t suppose they will know until they try it but recent events seems to suggest it’s a possibility, it would be interesting to know the figures for the recent matches but of course I don’t expect them to be made public.

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

No... I'm going to attend a speedway meeting as soon as I'm allowed to following whatever restrictions are required

Yes I’m sure you will,shame there isn’t going to be any unless we stop all this 

26 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Yes I’m sure you will,shame there isn’t going to be any unless we stop all this 

I fully expect the country to be in a position to allow at least limited crowds, with restrictions, into sporting events by next spring. I could be wrong of course but if it is the case I will be there and you won't

18 minutes ago, iainb said:

I fully expect the country to be in a position to allow at least limited crowds, with restrictions, into sporting events by next spring. I could be wrong of course but if it is the case I will be there and you won't

Speedway can’t afford limited crowds or haven’t you been paying attention to how speedway is funded 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Speedway can’t afford limited crowds or haven’t you been paying attention to how speedway is funded 

They managed to run the British final without a loss and without any paying supporters.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, flipper11 said:

They managed to run the British final without a loss and without any paying supporters.

1 meeting paying less than normal wages which would of run at a loss, possibly a big one at that ,unless speedway finds a major sponsor it can’t run with limited fans or riders ride for next to nowt and if this isn’t sorted soon will there be any riders left to ride ? Even top football is getting uneasy about the situation and we will go to the wall a long time before they do 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE
  • Like 6

Yes we need to get fans back next year but come spring time we could well be in the same position as we are now.

I,m afraid if we don,t start the League next March/April some clubs will go under.

I am divided on this Covid argument, lock downs in the shot term work but the virus is not going away and we need to learn to live with it , a bad situation and i,m torn on the best way forward. :neutral:

1 hour ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

Everybody knows that but you said even if they allowed crowds "with any restrictions" you wouldn't be attending

33 minutes ago, iainb said:

Everybody knows that but you said even if they allowed crowds "with any restrictions" you wouldn't be attending

I won’t but it’s not even going to be a choice, it’s not just speedway it’s everything like retail etc, these places will go under, people will not go, there are a few obviously like yourself that don’t have a problem living your life like someone on the naughty step but I don’t need a label on a bleach bottle telling me not to drink it, 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

I won’t but it’s not even going to be a choice, it’s not just speedway it’s everything like retail etc, these places will go under, people will not go, there are a few obviously like yourself that don’t have a problem living your life like someone on the naughty step but I don’t need a label on a bleach bottle telling me not to drink it, 

So are you not doing your shopping because of the restrictions?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

So are you not doing your shopping because of the restrictions?

No I’m getting it delivered 

Edited by THE DEAN MACHINE

17 minutes ago, THE DEAN MACHINE said:

No I’m getting it delivered 

Nice... Taking up the slot of a vulnerable person, classy :t:

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

Nice... Taking up the slot of a vulnerable person, classy :t:

I suggest you know what what you’re talking about before you make accusations :t:

Please let’s not this descend into political talk, we likely would have been in the same position no matter which party was in power, so it’s not a matter of who is in charge but just s**t happens.

Its about how best to rise above it and make the best out of a crap situation.