British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ommer Mon

Cradley V Eastbourne Tpnl 11 Sept 2017

Be a shame for Cradley if they can't get it restaged in time. A win at Isle of Wight on Thursday (very possible ) would mean a win against Eastbourne would qualify them for playoffs...

Cradley rolled over and conceded the four points?

When is the re-staging?

Not many days left before the cut off.

If Cradley can't/won't stage: that's four points for Eastbourne.

Is that a rule or just a wish? I fancied a full strength eagles to win at Cradley last week and it would be most unfair if they were deprived of a chance of top spot due to the home teams track problems.

Next Friday is a reserved date in case last weeks double header was rained off so if I was Martin Dugard I would offer Cradley the use of the Arlington track as a home venue on Friday, after all they are a nomad team and already using Perry Barr next week instead of Monmore. That would at least show us wether they are serious about staging the replay.

• Like 1

Is that a rule or just a wish? I fancied a full strength eagles to win at Cradley last week and it would be most unfair if they were deprived of a chance of top spot due to the home teams track problems.

Next Friday is a reserved date in case last weeks double header was rained off so if I was Martin Dugard I would offer Cradley the use of the Arlington track as a home venue on Friday, after all they are a nomad team and already using Perry Barr next week instead of Monmore. That would at least show us wether they are serious about staging the replay.

The fixture still has to be staged even if it is after the cut off date.

• Like 2

Don't think there is any rule about all matches being completed before the cut off just before the close of the season (with fines for clubs that do not host all their matches) so can't see how any team can be awarded points unless a team officially concedes.

Chances are it will mean a terrible match late in the season with both sides out to lower averages and the crazy situation of Cradley finishing 4th in the table but not competing in the play offs or Eastbourne finishing top of the league but not getting to choose their play off opponents.

Do i remember a similar situation with Rye House Raiders & Coventry last year?

Cradley arent running scared but as Cradley av said stated cant use 18th as stadium and staff cant do it.

And if they could it would probably have been rained off anyway

Surely there most be a venue available to get this meeting done before the cut off date. If there is a chance of a title tilt in the play offs available, surely it would be worth having a financial loss making meeting to give you chance?

Tricky for cradley with no track as such but every club needs to take a long hard look at 3 and 4 week gaps to appease other countries and agendas mid season, then panicking like buggery to get play offs , cup matches , cut off fixtures out the way in the mad last 3-4 weeks of season

• Like 2

Guest GiveusaB

Don't think we'll be missing too much with the way that 'speedway in general' is going ???

It's become an absolute farce !

Now being run next Wednesday at PB,KOCup against BV conceded(makes sense).
Sad end to the season.

Why cant Cradley run a double header ? Eastbourne and BV ? I might have gone to that (see Bewley ride...)

It's crazy, but B'ham are going to fit in 2 challenge matches before close of play (Kent/Cradley) yet Cradley/Lakeside both forfeiting KO CUP places???

The people who elect the panel at the BSPA must be the same people that elect the President of USA !