British Speedway Forum

On 21/03/2018 at 10:51 PM, ruffdiamond said:

What boys club was it Dave ???

Not sure now RD, but someone’s son played for the boys club and unfortunately printed off tickets for everyone in the league. Better tickets were originated after that lesson.

36 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

Not sure now RD, but someone’s son played for the boys club and unfortunately printed off tickets for everyone in the league. Better tickets were originated after that lesson.

It wasn't from where Emperor Hadrian ran out of bricks Dave, was it ??? ;)

Edinburgh @ Glasgow had a good result . either monarchs are genuine title contenders or Glasgow have just made it interesting for the return leg by not trying !

( get some extra tapes sorted out )

As we celebrate 70 years to this day that the club rode its first ever match, they have also announced that we now have a team sponsor for the season in staggs bar in Musselburgh.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mr Blobby said:

As we celebrate 70 years to this day that the club rode its first ever match, they have also announced that we now have a team sponsor for the season in staggs bar in Musselburgh.

A new sponsor in a pub 32 miles from the track what happened to the Black Bull I would have thought that would have been a better shout I can't see many fans dropping in for an after meeting pint 

• Haha 2

What is going on with our "at the gate" admission prices, I have just looked at a thread on the Premiership section comparing prices at the gate and ours are £18.50 which is more expensive than the Premier clubs.

I understand there are incentives to buy early and purchase discount cards but surely this top price is going to put off any casual visitor.

I cant make it every week due to work so I have to pick and choose when I can go at the last minute, so I grudge this amount, and that would be the same at any Championship club.

Go to Somerset and you can see the world champion for less that we pay

Why are we so expensive, can someone explain ?

On 10/03/2018 at 4:29 PM, cornhillcowboy24 said:

mmmmmm the only who  can afford £18-50p a monachs match are the glasgow owners lol lol 

According to the star this week that appears to be the dearest for either league, let alone the championship.

13 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

According to the star this week that appears to be the dearest for either league, let alone the championship.

It does seem rather excessive. Obviously someone has to be the most expensive track in Britain to watch speedway, but given the fact that we are in the 2nd tier, and that we have neither a world champion to pay, nor exactly what you'd call a luxurious stadium to spectate at, it's quite hard to accept the price as it stands. Not everyone wants to sign up for the Blue or Gold cards for whatever reason and it certainly will not encourage anyone new at these prices.

£18.50 is a bargain to watch the Tigers but maybe slash the price for lesser visitors ?

5 hours ago, ekimba said:

What is going on with our "at the gate" admission prices, I have just looked at a thread on the Premiership section comparing prices at the gate and ours are £18.50 which is more expensive than the Premier clubs.

I understand there are incentives to buy early and purchase discount cards but surely this top price is going to put off any casual visitor.

I cant make it every week due to work so I have to pick and choose when I can go at the last minute, so I grudge this amount, and that would be the same at any Championship club.

Go to Somerset and you can see the world champion for less that we pay

Why are we so expensive, can someone explain ?

This at the gate price is a joke  like you say casual visitors will be few and far between ,that they way the want it though! Good luck with that one.

this makes workingtons attempt at gaining entry a BARGAIN . at least you wont have to park your car. buy a ticket . REPARK your car . then Q up again to gain entry into the ground . 

£18.50  a proper bargainand all for 5 mins Q ing . bargain . someone please work this q thing out for me . see wucky official site for details 

Cannot find PATG prices listed on Official website, mind you if they're the highest in the UK, this might be intended.

They've also bumped the progy price up from £2.80 to three quid - imo this is too expensive & will probably encourage more to bring their own pre-printed score sheets.

Think whoever is responsible is trying to "persuade" occasional punters to book online/obtain a blue card instead.

Also noticed that Sam Masters is still listed as Team Captain under club info. - tut tut.

Edited by cyclone

In Speedway Star this week 4 different adult prices :shock::shock::shock: