British Speedway Forum

Maybe Phil Rising can answer this: can a current Speedway rider hold both a Riders license AND a Promoters license

Maybe Phil Rising can answer this: can a current Speedway rider hold both a Riders license AND a Promoters license

NO idea ... but no doubt someone on here will be able to answer. If not, will enquire.

13.3 No rider shall have a direct or indirect interest in the promotion of any speedway without the

express permission of the SCB, which is given or withheld at its sole discretion.

13.3 No rider shall have a direct or indirect interest in the promotion of any speedway without the

express permission of the SCB, which is given or withheld at its sole discretion.

That's a typical speedway rule,clear as mud!!

That's a typical speedway rule,clear as mud!!

We've had plenty in the past, . . .but no idea about today..

​Looking back, in the 1940s top speedway rider Jack Parker was refused permission to be promoter at Coventry.Guess what? The promotion was then taken over by MRS Jack Parker!!!

Edited by Guest

i guess we may find out next week but maybe not

I.e. if your face fits, you can do it.

• Like 1

I.e. if your face fits, you can do it.

................. or if you have plenty of money, I would imagine.

I think Pete Lansdale rode for Exeter whiles still promoter and Trrevor. Redmond ride for somewhere , probabably St Austell while a promoter .i think Len Silver also rode for Hackney. When he was a promoter there but got injured after a couple of seeks so it tend s to get forgotten

promoter

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Edited by E I Addio

I think Pete Lansdale rode for Exeter whiles still promoter and Trrevor. Redmond ride for somewhere , probabably St Austell while a promoter .i think Len Silver also rode for Hackney. When he was a promoter there but got injured after a couple of seeks so it tend s to get forgotten

promoter

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, I remember both Pete Lansdale and Trevor Redmond riding for their own teams.

No-one has raced while a promoter since the British League era began in 1965

Eric Boothroyd rode for Halifax and promoted at Middlesbrough in 1966. Cyril Crane was co-promoter at King's Lynn in 1966 and rode in several meetings for the Stars that year. Oxford co-promoter Danny Dunton also made one appearance for the Cheetahs in 1965. Maurice McDermott rode for Exeter and Oxford in 1965 and was promoter at Rayleigh that year. Tommy Sweetman appeared for Wolverhampton and co-promoted at Rye House in 1965.