British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Krystian Pieszczek on 6.36 average is tempting surely, I know Rosco is a fan and was surprised he was axed by Leicester. 

I think he was only axed because of money he is a very talented rider but i think he is quite expensive for a rider who has a 6.36 average.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Krystian Pieszczek on 6.36 average is tempting surely, I know Rosco is a fan and was surprised he was axed by Leicester. 

Not tempting at all. Which of our top 4 are you looking for him to replace?

6 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Not tempting at all. Which of our top 4 are you looking for him to replace?

Bellego when the new averages come out in August.

We all know I’m not Bellego’s biggest fan, he did well on Monday night, even though he got lucky in heat 1. 

45 minutes ago, ReadingRacer2017 said:

Bellego when the new averages come out in August.

We all know I’m not Bellego’s biggest fan, he did well on Monday night, even though he got lucky in heat 1. 

Presumably there’s room for only one bell ego in your house? Go back to Reading. :)

• Like 1

If we are serious about retaining the title then action has to be taken now.  Morris should be dropped and Pieszczek brought in.  He's quite capable of having the "Musielak 2017" effect.  This will then free up 4.14 for a replacement for Smith and create room for someone like Berge instead.  It is vital to replace Smith, he is completely out of his depth and having a six man team for the rest of the season is like throwing in the towel.

Morris' form for Swindon has been very patchy of late and clearly gives the impression he is not interested in riding British speedway any more.  Not just with his comments on tv but in his demeanour in the post match press conferences and as he said in Monday nights match programme "The path is Poland, Sweden, and the Grand Prix series.  But one step at a time, crack Poland first though".  Our true number one this season is Bachelor anyway and he can step up to this race jacket no problem.

From Monday night's programme Morris says:

"We've been doing alright in England for a while but no done a lot in Poland and Europe but this year I've been racing every week in Poland and been going good so that's the path.  Hopefully we can move up to the First Division with the same team Rzeszow for next season"

11 minutes ago, mcnabadam said:

If we are serious about retaining the title then action has to be taken now.  Morris should be dropped and Pieszczek brought in.  He's quite capable of having the "Musielak 2017" effect.  This will then free up 4.14 for a replacement for Smith and create room for someone like Berge instead.  It is vital to replace Smith, he is completely out of his depth and having a six man team for the rest of the season is like throwing in the towel.

Morris' form for Swindon has been very patchy of late and clearly gives the impression he is not interested in riding British speedway any more.  Not just with his comments on tv but in his demeanour in the post match press conferences and as he said in Monday nights match programme "The path is Poland, Sweden, and the Grand Prix series.  But one step at a time, crack Poland first though".  Our true number one this season is Bachelor anyway and he can step up to this race jacket no problem.

I just dont see it myself ( ie) Rosco is loyal to his riders and that is a brilliant thing and he would not make that particular change anyway.And also are we going to win anymore AWAY matches with Krystian in the side NO because he has still to learn those away tracks yet also he is unproven around the Abbey.

Morris' last six away scores have been 6, 6, 4, 7, 1, 7.   I think Pieszczek could match that.  I agree about loyalty being important but is it more important than gambling on a title challenge this year? 

2 minutes ago, mcnabadam said:

Morris' last six away scores have been 6, 6, 4, 7, 1, 7.   I think Pieszczek could match that.  I agree about loyalty being important but is it more important than gambling on a title challenge this year? 

Yes.

34 minutes ago, mcnabadam said:

From Monday night's programme Morris says:

"We've been doing alright in England for a while but no done a lot in Poland and Europe but this year I've been racing every week in Poland and been going good so that's the path.  Hopefully we can move up to the First Division with the same team Rzeszow for next season"

If that is as printed in the programme, his sobriety needs checking daily. Or was it fatigue from all that travelling?