British Speedway Forum

So the bottom 4 clubs voted for only one 8 point rider. And with belle vue not getting a vote that left it a 4-3 win for the one 8 point rider, if any of the bottom 4 don't sign a rider with an average of 8 or higher then what was the point

• Like 2

So the bottom 4 clubs voted for only one 8 point rider. And with belle vue not getting a vote that left it a 4-3 win for the one 8 point rider, if any of the bottom 4 don't sign a rider with an average of 8 or higher then what was the point

I can't find out where we can see who voted for what at the AGM, any links please?

Thanks

its all about bringing the more ambitious clubs down to the less ambitious clubs level again lowering the standard yet again . How far have standards fallen since the 80s clubs full of top riders 50 point points limit everyone who was anyone wanted and needed to race in the UK .

Total farce that BV didn't get a vote.

And won't next year either?

Is that correct?

If so, and they are in the bottom three next year, then expect "the top four" to win next year's vote on teams strengths..😁

A 'little bit farcical' sometimes isn't it the way the Sport is run?😕

Well said grachan they wonder why riders hav suspicious e.f's because they know you dont get a job next yr if your average is to high look at danny king and harris allways below 8 every year wonder why they allways get team place on bargain averages then only go up or down by 0.2 or 0.3 lol,and i hope riders who go to other teams on loan go back to there parent club on a reduced average!!

Kenny Bjerre was great for us last year....

He did everything we asked of him. Him and Craig Cook now are vying for one spot in the Aces team..

Maybe both should have 'thrown' the odd race here and there to get themselves below an 8.00 average?

Could have easily lost against many riders of slightly lower capability and we the fans wouldn't have bat an eyelid...

They however didn't, as guess what? Trying to win Speedway races, meetings and trophies, meant something to them...

If I was a rider on or around an 8 pt average two thirds of the way through next season, I may be getting the calculator out race by race to see how much I am allowed to score to keep me in a job the following year...!

Edited by mikebv

And won't next year either?

Is that correct?

If so, and they are in the bottom three next year, then expect "the top four" to win next year's vote on teams strengths..

A 'little bit farcical' sometimes isn't it the way the Sport is run?

Kenny Bjerre was great for us last year....

He did everything we asked of him. Him and Craig Cook now are vying for one spot in the Aces team..

Maybe both should have 'thrown' the odd race here and there to get themselves below an 8.00 average?

Could have easily lost against many riders of slightly lower capability and we the fans wouldn't have bat an eyelid...

They however didn't, as guess what? Trying to win Speedway races, meetings and trophies, meant something to them...

If I was a rider on or around an 8 pt average two thirds of the way through next season, I may be getting the calculator out race by race to see how much I am allowed to score to keep me in a job the following year...!

Exactly. And what would people do? they'd say they were cheating.

Well, it's no more cheating, in my book, than sides getting together and voting riders out of the teams above you (and quite possibly the league).

This is a desperate effort to try and save Kings Lynn's bacon because without it they would probably be up Manure Creek without a paddle. Same goes for Somerset. And even then it may not be enough.

At least Leicester has gone out and got itself a no.1 without needing to rely on favours and handouts. Rye House should be ok as they have their Dad's Army to rely on and may also pull a rabbit out of the hat.

• Like 4

This is a desperate effort to try and save Kings Lynn's bacon because without it they would probably be up Manure Creek without a paddle. Same goes for Somerset. And even then it may not be enough.

At least Leicester has gone out and got itself a no.1 without needing to rely on favours and handouts. Rye House should be ok as they have their Dad's Army to rely on and may also pull a rabbit out of the hat.

I believe you have read the situation well.

I do however believe every club will be up the creek without a paddle this year unless they find a way to fund the large gap left in their finances from the lose of Sky TV money.

"SET RACE DAYS WILL TEMPT THE BIG BOYS BACK!"

"ONLY 1 8PT RIDER PER TEAM"

Ok guys, good job. I'm sure we'll see the big boys flooding back.

"SET RACE DAYS WILL TEMPT THE BIG BOYS BACK!"

Anyone who actually believed that probably believes there are fairies at the bottom of their garden. The thing that will tempt the big boys back is MONEY, pure and simple.

• Like 1

I'd suggest that if Doyle doesn't ride in the UK in 2018 it will have far more to do with wage demands than any rule introduced at the AGM.

Not 100 True thou money may come into it .The bottom line is if swindon could track Doyle and Morris they would and have the money to do so .Doyle may not want to ride for another club and might not want to anyhow so the rule itself has more bearing than just money

If 8 point plus riders are all vying for a team place The clubs can dictate the finances of those riders,result reduced costs,.I

Edited by waco

So an 8 point rider has a poor start to the season and drops below 8 points in the first set of greensheet averages!! Does that mean another 8 pointer can be signed - and in theory at least - make the team even stronger within the 42.5 limit?

PS. Bjerre cannot be vying with Cook for a BV team place yet as BV won't have yet had permission from Poole who own Bjerre's contract. Similar situation with NKI and KL if you believe MF's comments in today's local Echo?!

In justifying the 'one over the eight' rule, he states its in everyone's interest to ensure that the likes of Somerset have a decent Number 1. He then goes on to mention several riders by name that he is in contact with - NKI, Bjerre, Holder, Andersen, Janowski and Madsen. So could this mean that for example Kurtz may be loaned back to Somerset (along with his mate Jack Holder) and also even with C.Holder(?), leaving Poole to sign another 8 pointer and a couple of 7 pointers to make a stronger 2-5?

Edited by Skidder1

Get your 8 point rider to reduce his average in the first month to below 8 and then bring in another 8 point rider.

Simples. ;)