British Speedway Forum
jenga

Workington 2018 .

Finished above the money men once again, yes very bitter.

Calling them the money men confirms your bitterness. Therefore resenting the work of the people who are doing the sport good with the way they have taken their club by the scruff of the neck and are promoting it properly.

• Like 6

Scunny plead poverty one year and sign top paid riders the next mean while we still in the pits !

As you are fully aware we dont race in Edinburgh, so your point is pointless

Same as your money men point was completely pointless and bitter.

You should practice what you preach regards pointless posts.

• Like 1

oh , sorry . thought i was on the workington thread ............ wait a min , i am !

edit , cos i cant type .

Edited by jenga

Just looked at the AGM statement again which states "All promoters left the meeting with great enthusiasm towards the 2018 season" not all promoters who attended. I said at the time that I was surprised we got good news so quickly. I hope Laura and co are managing to put something together for an announcement soon, Scunthorpe already have their team sorted while we have been stuck at the gate.

Its on the comets website were running best xmas present ever 😀

Its on the comets website were running best xmas present ever 😀

• Like 7

Its on the comets website were running best xmas present ever

Good news. Hope it works out for Workington.

• Like 2

Weeighhh....happy and wfie jigging round the room

Just looked at the AGM statement again which states "All promoters left the meeting with great enthusiasm towards the 2018 season" not all promoters who attended. I said at the time that I was surprised we got good news so quickly. I hope Laura and co are managing to put something together for an announcement soon, Scunthorpe already have their team sorted while we have been stuck at the gate.

They just needed livening up.... lol

TWO happy persons hope their is more of you [maybe another 5-6 hundred ] + Jenga how could I nearly forgot him

Looking forward to seeing the Comets at Sunny Scuni next year. Good news.

would love to see good crowd back at workintgton

great track for speedway

laura deserves some return

just need a different atitude from all

fans and promotion need to gel

• Like 3

would love to see good crowd back at workintgton

great track for speedway

laura deserves some return

just need a different atitude from all

fans and promotion need to gel

Agree with all of that, hopefully with a competitive team, no doubling up and no prospect of having only 6 riders for more than half the fixtures will get fans back. We could do without meaningless fixtures at the end of the season too, as you say Laura deserves support.

Agree with all of that, hopefully with a competitive team, no doubling up and no prospect of having only 6 riders for more than half the fixtures will get fans back. We could do without meaningless fixtures at the end of the season too, as you say Laura deserves support.

Edited by comet49

Scunny plead poverty one year and sign top paid riders the next mean while we still in the pits !

Personally I think Rob has listened to the fans proper number one good strong team and ditch the faith in loyalty ( which has its merits but in our case proved problematic) think it will be a make or break year for the Scorpions if the crowds don’t come back to support that team they never will.

there isnt such a thing as meaniless fixtures

there all there for to entertain the fans regardless of cup ties league or friendlys

i go to be entertained not to see if they get through to the next round

Edited by scarra
  • Like 2

Pleased they have decided to run.

My planned visits last season never materialised due to garbage weather forecasts

Hope to get up next year 2 or 3 times

• Like 3