British Speedway Forum
Islander15

Isle Of Wight 2018

12 hours ago, dave1075 said:

OK with Jamie Sealey confirmed how about these 2 to finish the side. George Hunter (5.43) & Layne Cupitt (4.00) 

Both go well on the island too.

2 hours ago, eaglesno1 said:

Danno Verge confirmed as the Warriors 6th signing.

Ho Dear 

Was going pretty well for the Warriors. Maybe Danno can conquer his big track issues but feels like a big risk that could hurt the prospects of both rider and club.

It may be a risk but the fact that Danno (and Ben Morley) are showing the ambition to improve their all round riding skills, even though it may cost them in the short term, should be applauded.

It is the sort of commitment that should make them popular with fans. I hope it works out for both of them. (Last year signings of Campos and Portwood raised a few eyebrows, but both were very popular - so it is clear that such left field signings can work for the Warriors).

• Like 2

I know he's struggled on big tracks in the past, but as long as he can master Smallbrook it's fine and he should help us out away!

Probably the best team they have fielded since there return but unfortunately still not a team that will win all their home matches 

24 minutes ago, Islander15 said:

Widders completes the team. 

Thought he improved alot on hes perry barr visits last year scored ok on each visit

Most teams look weaker this season ,but some sides have creamed of the best young riders..they are the likely to be top leagueI contenders ..IOW have a big home track advantage and if the signed riders get dialled in early Thay should do ok at home at least., I know  Ben Morley is investing heavily on the right engine for the big ,track,and is intent on giving IOW 110   .per cent...

Edited by waco
  • Like 1

I agree, and there will Be teams built that are far weaker than IOW the team definitely has potential for growth in Sealey Verge & Portwood. I think Campos avg is his swan song and widders won’t ever be much higher than what he is but it’s still a decent second string Morley will hit double figures wherever he goes In this league and Hopwood will probably finish on an 8 pointaverge or just under as he does score very well at IOW. 

Press and Practice Day confirmed as Easter Saturday 31 March. 

Opening meeting on 5 April will be the Vince Mapley Memorial Trophy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

So do IOW fans believe in Morley they'll have the leagues strongest rider in 2018?

If not literally the strongest, he’ll be in the top 3 with Roynon & JPB.