British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
iand

Plymouth 2018

Very pleased to see Plymouth have a new 7 year lease.

Hope Plymouth move forward and live on for a long time

• Like 3

So Hopwood reported to be at the IOW tonight being very ‘hands on’ with the Devils. Cockle still absent after conclusion of ban. 2+2=4 or does it?

On ‎5‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 9:39 PM, Richard Weston said:

Could well ban SpeedwayGB for similar offences - showing crap races on video

As far as Cockle is concerned - I haven't seen it - but it could have infringed:

Article 10 of the European Convention on Human Rights

I have  -  and he deserved both the ban and the sack.

4 hours ago, Halifaxtiger said:

I have  -  and he deserved both the ban and the sack.

Fair enough. Happy to accept your judgement as you have seen the content – I have subsequently been told and would agree with your verdict, especially as you have actually seen the evidence. It sounds as if what I was told tallies with what you have seen.

is anyone filming the devils this year only it doesn't look like alex raby is ?

Why didn't Plymouth use Boxall when Roynon got injured? 

There is something fundamentally wrong with whatever material Plymouth have on their surface.  I was in Cornwall working last Thursday and rushed back to Plymouth to watch the woeful meeting between Plymouth and IOW.  It is obviously to fine, hence the dust and also the reason riders could not ride it properly.  It is outrageous that riders have been blamed for what is a poorly prepared track.  I wont be rushing back again.

27 minutes ago, roguetrader said:

There is something fundamentally wrong with whatever material Plymouth have on their surface.  I was in Cornwall working last Thursday and rushed back to Plymouth to watch the woeful meeting between Plymouth and IOW.  It is obviously to fine, hence the dust and also the reason riders could not ride it properly.  It is outrageous that riders have been blamed for what is a poorly prepared track.  I wont be rushing back again.

Why wait a week to make this post , right on the eve of probably Plymouths most important match this year.

Must be fundamentally wrong for the last 3 seasons lol . IT IS THE SUNSHINE , most tracks are experiencing dust this season 

Sourcing decent shale has been a problem for a lot of tracks this season. A promoter told me that the best stuff is in Scotland, and finding the funds to purchase and transport it, is proving difficult for some clubs.

11 hours ago, roguetrader said:

While visiting Plymouth on business a couple of weeks ago (a Friday raceday) I called by to have a look & must say how impressed I was with the track & the preparation for that evenings meeting. We are having the hottest & driest summer since 1976 (a year I was involved with track prep myself)  credit where credit is due well done Plymouth.

Mark Phillips response on this subject on the Plymouth Forum...

Mike , more water was put down today to try to stem the dust in the hot conditions(whatever next), when water penetrates the surface we obviously get more dirt, then the away team blames the track , then like Chinese whispers, they all hear it and decide it must be true....... ok blame the track , ironically the teams answer was ‘spike it please” what a load of bollox...I was watering at the time,   the referee at that time wanted more water... when tracks are tricky the riders must attack the track and ride through the dirt, all the lads remarked that the track was good after their nerves got used to it . morley crashed on his own first on bend 3/4 he decided he did not need any power on at that time ..oops... the second time he came off was heat 15 and that was only due to pressure from Ellis...oops.. Macauley wiped out in heat 2 entering turn one hard then shutting the throttle off.. oops , I did ask Macauley if he was fed up with crashing, he replied yes, hopefully he will now listen to some advise , alter his riding style a little . He will be awesome then in my opinion... There was no atmosphere tonight , winging in the opening heats did not help, getting me to play silly buggers in the tractors did not help for continuation either .