British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

16 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Do you think it will be packed out on aTuesday night?!

Very very unlikely.

And this is how you should attack from behind when there is a good pair in front of you. Love the way Loram passed them. Class. 

9 minutes ago, krompa said:

Watch it again. Watt gated off 2 as good as Gollob but Gollob rode wide line to let Laguta cut to the inside. For lap and a half looked behind all the time to make sure Laguta is on the inside and in front of Watt and covered outside perfectly to stop any attempt of passing. 

Yes but it was David Watt.:t:

Now that Loram race was brilliant Krompa, sublime passing as you say.

Edited by nw42
add

6 hours ago, TheReturn said:

But should a professional commentator be getting it wrong?   He repeats himself every few minutes, which defenders claim is to educate the non speedway masses following... well calling the score wrong (not first time) is not educating any of us, speedway fans or non speedway fans.

Can you image if this summers World Cup final commentator calls the World Cup final score wrong?  Or a few days prior to that miscounts the inevitable penalty shootout that plucky England will go out on?  I am not sure that commentator will be getting a big gig again anytime soon after.

Edit: The defence that he doesn't have a team of people helping him with the scores is bollocks. He's paid to get it right. We pay to be told the right scores.

You can’t win mate, everyone seems to be saying Pearson & Tatum have an incredibly difficult job which they do for peanuts & we should just be grateful they’re prepared to do it, mistakes are inevitable! And they only shout at the slightest incident because they’re told to be the production team. And was Saturday so bad? They’re commentators (to a fashion) after all, why does that mean we should expect them to be able to add up? No question about it !

19 minutes ago, krompa said:

And this is how you should attack from behind when there is a good pair in front of you. Love the way Loram passed them. Class. 

Now we saw that week in week out at Poole.. Thats why he became so popular with the Poole fans..

11 minutes ago, paulboy said:

You can’t win mate, everyone seems to be saying Pearson & Tatum have an incredibly difficult job which they do for peanuts & we should just be grateful they’re prepared to do it, mistakes are inevitable! And they only shout at the slightest incident because they’re told to be the production team. And was Saturday so bad? They’re commentators (to a fashion) after all, why does that mean we should expect them to be able to add up? No question about it !

As far as i know- no one has ever said they work for peanuts. Working on TV is i’m sure well paid.

Oh it’s been said they do it for well below the market rate, but then again you know what they say about paying peanuts

8 minutes ago, paulboy said:

Oh it’s been said they do it for well below the market rate, but then again you know what they say about paying peanuts

Nor has that been said as far as i know. No ones said they are doing it on the cheap.

Apologies coming...:D

Right, lets see if the NSS track delivers, I think GB will win it, Sweden second.

Well I’m certainly not going to find the post but I’ve read it

18 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Nor has that been said as far as i know. No ones said they are doing it on the cheap.

I’ve certainly read it in the last couple of days

20 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

It has on the BT Sport thread.