British Speedway Forum
Mark

World Championship Pairs

Very sensible interview from Woffinden.. and pretty much shows he was right to what he did all along.

GB has a bright future.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, paulboy said:

Can’t totally disagree with that although understand why he was on his home track, I think the next best option might have been Bewley? Hell of a leap for a kid

I would have used Bewley instead of Lambert at reserve. And then moved Lambert up into the team. Give Bewley the experience. Cook is not good enough in a world class field as he has always showed.

Just now, tellboy said:

Think it just got better as the 2nd half of the meeting seemed to have more even sides in each of the races.

And perhaps the lesser teams got more dialled in.

1 minute ago, tellboy said:

Think it just got better as the 2nd half of the meeting seemed to have more even sides in each of the races.

Perhaps, but GB and Australia wasn't one of them, and some of the better action came from seemingly one-sided contests.

Steve

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

I would have used Bewley instead of Lambert at reserve. And then moved Lambert up into the team. Give Bewley the experience. Cook is not good enough in a world class field as he has always showed.

Got to say I will feel more comfortable with Cook & Lambert in Poland although would have been great experience for Bewley, who is a hell of a prospect

3 minutes ago, BWitcher said:

And perhaps the lesser teams got more dialled in.

They most certainly played their part with a couple of big upsets.

9 minutes ago, chunky said:

I've often wondered if speedway would be better if you actually started the meeting after ten or so races...

Steve

It would certainly speed up the meeting times so many moan about...:D

• Haha 1

Lucky for the Czechs there. 

Milik not a clue, did nothing to help his partner at all. 

Here's hoping Milik & Franc can do the Aussies, would be a perfect end to the meeting if they could.

• Like 3

Shame for France,fancied them to possibly knock Australia out.

22 minutes ago, TheReturn said:

Stop being so cynical. 

Do you think so. If that race had been a 3-3 then Australia would have been in 2 run offs and with potential engine failure or a fall they could have gone out. Tai been cruising up until then. Look what speed he had to win against Sweden, and look at the 3-3 Aussie got against Finland. Aussie was in trouble an I see it as Tai helped them out. It could have put GB in a predicament.

• Sad 1

Come on Milik and Franc!

• Like 1

Just now, nw42 said:

Here's hoping Milik & Franc can do the Aussies, would be a perfect end to the meeting if they could.

I think the French had a better chance, can't see Franc being quick enough to stay ahead even if he got there.. especially as he's likely to receive zero help from Milik.. whereas both the French had some speed.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

Do you think so. If that race had been a 3-3 then Australia would have been in 2 run offs and with potential engine failure or a fall they could have gone out. Tai been cruising up until then. Look what speed he had to win against Sweden, and look at the 3-3 Aussie got against Finland. Aussie was in trouble an I see it as Tai helped them out. It could have put GB in a predicament.

Ridiculous.

• Like 3

Just now, OveFundinFan said:

He messed up at the start. I don't think it helps at all to keep making accusations that Tai favours Team Aussie over Team GB.

• Like 1