British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Rye House Vs Kings Lynn Stars Mon 28/ 05/2018

9 minutes ago, cityrebel said:

Not at £20 including prog, do you blame them.

That's a lot to pay for 15 races,    there little wonder why fans don't go anymore.     

9 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Great idea, I'm sure a three pointer at number one will have the punters flocking through the turnstyles.

I don't believe that anything nor anyone will ever have them flocking through the turnstiles again in the UK. At least not without a root and branch re-organisation of how speedway is promoted here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

As opposed to £21 including programme at Lynn Webbo?

its not opposed to any one or any club.   Its the state of the game.       You'll never get fans rushing through the door at them costs....

@£21 including program plus travel costs plus getting home late with work the next morning or stay home watch it on BT mmmm money saved will more than cover BT costs for the month so really a no brainier not going . 

On 5/24/2018 at 7:58 AM, Steve0 said:

I disagree - the Rye House team has been built to be strong at home.  Sadly, they do not seem to do so well away from the tight Hoddeson track.

We are neither at the moment. Scraping wins by 6 points isn’t really being strong at home

Sorry to disagree with what appears to be the majority but live sport of any sort against seeing it on TV is a no brainer to me. See it live every time! 

What I don't understand is during the winter and early months of the year this forum was full of posts on how the BSPA needed to have Speedway on TV to help save the sport but reading many posts now TV appears to stop the fans from going! To all those fans who don't go because of TV, please don't complain when your track and the whole sport closes down because if it does it will be those who stayed away who are a large part of the cause. 

Hope you all see some great live racing today, I will be at Rye House. 

• Like 3

Oh Haza, it’s a bank holiday, chillex.  Why did I have to go an open my big gob!!!:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, semion said:

As opposed to £21 including programme at Lynn Webbo?

£21.50 at Championship Edinburgh 

Just to add, if Poole had of done what King's Lynn are doing there would be absolute outrage. 

I think the Rye fans have every right to feel short changed and mugged off.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Just to add, if Poole had of done what King's Lynn are doing there would be absolute outrage. 

I think the Rye fans have every right to feel short changed and mugged off.

The bloke rode on Saturday and Sunday, but unavailable tonight? Absolute p**s take. Should be banned for withholding his services

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Shadders said:

The bloke rode on Saturday and Sunday, but unavailable tonight? Absolute p**s take. Should be banned for withholding his services

I disagree,he has left it until he gets the biggest window in his racing calendar to get sorted properly.Whenever he gets the treatment he would be wrong in many peoples eyes.Daniel Smith says Rye fans have every right to feel mugged off,just imagine if Iversen left it until when Lynn had 4 or 6 meetings how many fans would he be saying they have mugged off then.He's done to limit the amount of meetings he would miss which imo is the correct one.

• Like 1

Also to add, from the 7 Stars fixtures this season only 3 have had their full team.

After this week it's gonna be 3 from 9. Considering we're on fixed race night it's disgraceful. 

So, while the form looks good, it may not have been so good if the full team were available 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Iversen should be taken to a public place, shackled by the feet and hands, and forced to eat 235 dry Weetabix biscuits for committing this outrage against this country and it's fine citizens

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Chris116 said:

Sorry to disagree with what appears to be the majority but live sport of any sort against seeing it on TV is a no brainer to me. See it live every time! 

What I don't understand is during the winter and early months of the year this forum was full of posts on how the BSPA needed to have Speedway on TV to help save the sport but reading many posts now TV appears to stop the fans from going! To all those fans who don't go because of TV, please don't complain when your track and the whole sport closes down because if it does it will be those who stayed away who are a large part of the cause. 

Hope you all see some great live racing today, I will be at Rye House. 

I am not able to travel to away meetings, so should I boycott watching it on BT to make a stand? It's not televised speedway that is dragging down UK racing, it's no brainer promoters who live in 1975. Speedway is about the only sport which claims that being televised is "bad" for it. I greatly enjoy most televised speedway meetings because I prefer to watch the replays and be informed about what has happened during the meeting - instead of the "over in a flash" incidents and total lack of information after the race except about who was first, second or third ( which of course we were able to see anyway ). I would never suggest that it's no-brainer to watch live or on TV each to his or her own. More tracks will close down in the UK, but not because of race meetings on TV.