Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Poole Pirates Vs Kings Lynn Stars 13/06/18

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

I think Lynn being half an hour down the road and having good sponsorship locally means that riding for the Stars works perfectly for Robert.....it was said that he would have to leave to move his career on but this season has blown that theory out of the water completely. Unless somebody comes up with a megabucks deal (and I don't believe that money exists in British Speedway any more) I think he will only stop riding for the Stars if and when he cuts out the UK altogether.

He absolutely does need more support though, if he has an off night which he surely will at some point we will be screwed unless others step up to the plate.

We dont want to lose our top boys anymore than we already have, but sadly the lure of Poland and Sweden outstrips this country, he's a young man who is clearly improving and clearly, that is where his future will lay. I hope im wrong.

Edited by Starman2006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Starman, I am sure you are 100% right.   The last 2 weeks Robert Lambert has made a big name for himself in European Speedway Circles,  I would guess next season he will have big offers thrown at him from here there and everywhere. 

I would say for the remainder of this season, enjoying him while you can.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, semion said:

Starman, I am sure you are 100% right.   The last 2 weeks Robert Lambert has made a big name for himself in European Speedway Circles,  I would guess next season he will have big offers thrown at him from here there and everywhere. 

I would say for the remainder of this season, enjoying him while you can.

 

 

Robert did very well in the SoN and is having a good season but let's put it into perspective - he scored 8, 7 and 4 from the rides he had over the 3 days of the competition.  I know he is U21 and those are good scores but they don't support the "big up" you are giving him about getting big offers thrown at him from all angles!  I hope he does get the big offers but best to keep your feet on the ground for now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bagpuss said:

with a full team

Yes please Buster!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

 

Robert did very well in the SoN and is having a good season but let's put it into perspective - he scored 8, 7 and 4 from the rides he had over the 3 days of the competition.  I know he is U21 and those are good scores but they don't support the "big up" you are giving him about getting big offers thrown at him from all angles!  I hope he does get the big offers but best to keep your feet on the ground for now.

Thing is Steve, can you think of anybody who would have done a better job?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Thing is Steve, can you think of anybody who would have done a better job?

No - but that’s not my point.  He is a worthy British U21 champion and British Champion - he went through the card on Monday and fully deserved his win.  That win alone shows there is no better British rider to support Woffinden.

My point was that Woffinden was the star and Robert (ably) provided a supporting role.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Steve0 said:

 

Robert did very well in the SoN and is having a good season but let's put it into perspective - he scored 8, 7 and 4 from the rides he had over the 3 days of the competition.  I know he is U21 and those are good scores but they don't support the "big up" you are giving him about getting big offers thrown at him from all angles!  I hope he does get the big offers but best to keep your feet on the ground for now.

If he did get big offers thrown at him it would be based on his potential.....at twenty years old he beat seven current or recent GP riders last week and he will only get better. He may not have scored hatfuls of points but those he did score were mainly unexpected given his lack of experience.

You are absolutely right about keeping his feet on the ground, and from what I have seen this season his and his family's feet are firmly grounded.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

Iverson cba with England anymore

Can anyone these days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Dickie Head said:

Speedway GB have put up heat 12 for viewing.

http://www.speedwaygb.co/news.php?extend.34739

Previous posts seem to suggest heat 13 was better. Suppose the DVD Company don’t want to scupper sales by putting the best stuff into the public domain.

Exciting stuff! Race of the night? Thank God I stopped watching this trash some time ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a bit of extra info re Kacper Woryna's crash.  He clipped the back straight kick board and lost his footrest, which meant he had no balance going into bends 3-4 which is why he crashed.

 

Some may have seen Nicolai Klindt going to the kick board and 'kicking' it back into its correct position!!

 

As for Brady he has x-rays on his knee after his heat 13 crash.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ruckerroo said:

Iverson cba with England anymore

Going through the motions and producing plenty of them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Starboy118 said:

Going through the motions and producing plenty of them!

Maybe only riding UK because he lives in UK with his partner so gives him a chance to get home in between his busy schedule of POL/SWE/DK plus SGP and qualifiers plus other meetings incl the DK qualifiers.

I question whether he or Doyle would even bother with UK if they didnt have British partners/wives and have property here ??

If the so called Speedway superstars are not interested in UK as they get more for training in POL then why would it be different for these 2. Can only assume its because of these UK ties. At least riding UK also probably covers their expenses in and out of UK to SWE/POL if nothing else ?? Without a UK team then visiting loved ones and home in between these more lucrative Countries would have to come out of their overseas earnings.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Starboy118 said:

Exciting stuff! Race of the night? Thank God I stopped watching this trash some time ago.  

Curiousity led me to watch it. If that's the race of the night no wonder the sport is dying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Steve0 said:

No - but that’s not my point.  He is a worthy British U21 champion and British Champion - he went through the card on Monday and fully deserved his win.  That win alone shows there is no better British rider to support Woffinden.

My point was that Woffinden was the star and Robert (ably) provided a supporting role.

Exactly..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy