British Speedway Forum
ReadingRacer2017

23/07/2018 - Premiership - Swindon V Leicester (Live on BT Sport)

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Bad bad track prep coming home to roost.:sad:

Isn't there a duty of care for the riders on behalf of those who expect them to ride?

I have said that I think Speedway has to lower it's ability level of rider to keep going and be affordable...

However, I am slowly coming to the conclusion that having 'lesser' riders on some British Speedway tracks would be nothing but carnage...

If Morris and Musielak cannot ride it then you cannot ever really comprehend running meetings with a much lower standard of rider making up the majority of team places..

Cricket Test Matches would get completed quicker than a Speedway Meeting...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

What comments that ? I was mearly stating clearly there are a lot of stay away Swindon fans now, and thats how he came across. Now many of you are moaning, and yes looking at the track its pretty dire. Now perhaps somebody preferably from Swindon could tell me in plain English, do you have Dogs on a monday afternoon ?
Because if you dont, that track apart from being watered regulary during the day in between grading should have been drowned at 4.30..  Looking at the dust it looks like you have the same junk that  several other tracks got and took off.

As a Poole fan you are in no position to judge others for poor track prep. Poole is regularly shocking so give it a rest 

• Like 6

Heat 10....:(

Last one out, switch the lights off please....:unsure:

Be interesting to see what the Polish teams make of tonight...

Might find a few lads getting a touch of 'Summer Flu' on Monday and Wednesdays between now and season end...

(Oh, and on Thursdays too)...;)

(And some still criticise Woofy for not riding in Britain?)..:rolleyes:

Edited by mikebv

It's like watching speedway in the fog FFS!  Can't believe how poor the track prep has been!

This is absolutely dire a shocking advert for the sport made even worse coming after Cardiff. Just hope those in the nearby houses dont have any washing out.

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

Do you realise how long it takes to properly prepare a track ?

Evidently the people doing Swindon don't!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mikebv said:

If Morris and Musielak cannot ride it then you cannot ever really comprehend running meetings with a much lower standard of rider making up the majority of team places..

Bellego and Mountain amongst others are riding it OK which kind defeats your argument somewhat.

i do agree about duty of care, the track is atrocious.

Until these tracks are sorted the only live matches should be from Belle Vue, Kings Lynn, Somerset and Wolves.

7 minutes ago, phillipsr said:

As a Poole fan you are in no position to judge others for poor track prep. Poole is regularly shocking so give it a rest 

Free forum mate..

9 minutes ago, Starman2006 said:

What comments that ? I was mearly stating clearly there are a lot of stay away Swindon fans now, and thats how he came across. Now many of you are moaning, and yes looking at the track its pretty dire. Now perhaps somebody preferably from Swindon could tell me in plain English, do you have Dogs on a monday afternoon ?
Because if you dont, that track apart from being watered regulary during the day in between grading should have been drowned at 4.30..  Looking at the dust it looks like you have the same junk that  several other tracks got and took off.

We all know what you really meant & having a dig at someone for missing the meeting because of work & then another dig that he was looking at updates whilst at work is poor.

For once admit the truth as fans have been good to you.

• Like 1

Have switched off surely they could have got some water from the building site next door, dust and havinv to watch and listen to rosco not a good advert for the sport!

1 minute ago, Crazy robin said:

We all know what you really meant & having a dig at someone for missing the meeting because of work & then another dig that he was looking at updates whilst at work is poor.

For once admit the truth as fans have been good to you.

Pardon, i think you have that wrong. He came across as tho he was sat at home watching the meeting, as for having a dig  er no, if you was at work would your boss allow you to watch up updates ?

Edited by Starman2006

6 minutes ago, Orbiter said:

View from outside the abbey http://dust_bowl.jpg

Good to see it seems to be getting better then?:D

• Like 1