British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ReadingRacer2017

Race for the Top 4

4 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Gary told me that if the meeting doesn’t go ahead, neither team gets the points. A ridiculous situation.

Unfair if it is one side preventing the meeting taking place. It could, as you say, be used tactically.

1 hour ago, jchapman said:

After last night's results the Stars must now be favourite to finish top and Belle Vue to finish in 4th place.

If these are the final standings then I forecast the following semis:

Stars v Aces

Pirates v Rebels

With Stars and Pirates to meet in the final.

His is by far Lynn’a best chance....finish top and let Somerset sort out Poole in the other semi. We can beat the Rebels and Aces over two legs if everybody rides to their potential but can’t see us getting near Poole over two legs unfortunately. So we need to avoid going to Wimborne Road.

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Gary told me that if the meeting doesn’t go ahead, neither team gets the points. A ridiculous situation.

The two clubs need to be sat down by the SCB and a date thrashed out. The meeting has to go ahead, too important not to. 

2 minutes ago, Grachan said:

Unfair if it is one side preventing the meeting taking place. It could, as you say, be used tactically.

But do we know the full facts? Maybe Lynn have offered to come on dates that don’t suit Somerset meaning both clubs are preventing the fixture happening.

4 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

But do we know the full facts? Maybe Lynn have offered to come on dates that don’t suit Somerset meaning both clubs are preventing the fixture happening.

True. All we have to go on is what has been posted on here - namely that King's Lynn have refused every available date. But you're right,  it's always risky going solely on what is posted on the forum alone.

• Like 1

Pretty sure Somerset would see off Lynn at home on any date. Somerset clearly want the meeting to go ahead as they can only benefit. 

5 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pretty sure Somerset would see off Lynn at home on any date. Somerset clearly want the meeting to go ahead as they can only benefit. 

We drew there earlier in the season and won there last year, it’s our kind of track and somewhere we shouldn’t be scared of going. We also have the top end power to challenge Doyle so no reason why we couldn’t go there and win - best away record in the league don’t forget. 

One would assume Somerset are offering dates when our Danes are in Denmark.

• Like 1

Kings Lynn have beat us home and away every time but we have a different team now. So I think if they finish top they will pick rebels leaving us and Poole to fight it out. 

I'm not scared of anyone anyway

Bring it on. 4 good teams should make for a great play off. And may the best team win. 

Assuming we don't blow it at home to wolves and somerset that is

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

We drew there earlier in the season and won there last year, it’s our kind of track and somewhere we shouldn’t be scared of going. We also have the top end power to challenge Doyle so no reason why we couldn’t go there and win - best away record in the league don’t forget. 

One would assume Somerset are offering dates when our Danes are in Denmark.

As Shovlar said, Somerset offered 3 different dates. Chapman refused all of them, but wanted to come down on a Thursday instead. The Thursday before the Krsko GP was when he wanted to come down  when Ipswich could possibly be riding (so no Covatti) and Doyley would be off to Slovenia. 

Why can Doyle not ride 48 hours before a GP?

It is said the cut-off date is 10th Sept,    but would it be possible to race the last fixtures up to and including on that date ??         If so then  surely Somerset  V KL could be played on that date and make tremendous television.    :t:

Imagine  those 'terrible two  commentators ' getting really excited.      :cheers:

Wasn't there a situation a few years ago, when Leicester was "ordered" by the BSPA to ride a match at KL on a particular date after attempts by the two clubs to agree had failed? I think it was Leicester who were the "refusers" on that occasion but had to comply otherwise presumably cop a heavy fine?

If so, I suppose the BSPA can do the same this time and order KL to fulfil the fixture on one of the dates proposed by Somerset?

44 minutes ago, g13webb said:

It is said the cut-off date is 10th Sept,    but would it be possible to race the last fixtures up to and including on that date ??         If so then  surely Somerset  V KL could be played on that date and make tremendous television.    :t:

Imagine  those 'terrible two  commentators ' getting really excited.      :cheers:

Belle Vue are home to Somerset on September 10th !!

25 minutes ago, Big Al said:

Wasn't there a situation a few years ago, when Leicester was "ordered" by the BSPA to ride a match at KL on a particular date after attempts by the two clubs to agree had failed? I think it was Leicester who were the "refusers" on that occasion but had to comply otherwise presumably cop a heavy fine?

If so, I suppose the BSPA can do the same this time and order KL to fulfil the fixture on one of the dates proposed by Somerset?

Can't see Buster giving himself a fine and Godfrey wouldn't go against his partner in crime. I'm sure the pressure and fines would come from the SCB.

Edited by Daniel Smith

1 hour ago, kopite92 said:

As Shovlar said, Somerset offered 3 different dates. Chapman refused all of them, but wanted to come down on a Thursday instead. The Thursday before the Krsko GP was when he wanted to come down  when Ipswich could possibly be riding (so no Covatti) and Doyley would be off to Slovenia. 

People keep saying about Lynn refusing the 3 dates.What i would like to know which people are avoiding is what are those dates.Then we draw conclusions as to whether Lynn are wrong in refusing them.It's obviously got to be an off night.So the chances are 1 of the teams may have a rider or 2 missing.Maybe Somerset want it all their own way and are making sure those 3 dates are when they have all their riders and Lynn possibly some missing.

Edited by tellboy

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

Can't see Buster giving himself a fine and Godfrey wouldn't go against his partner in crime. I'm sure the pressure and fines would come from the SCB.

Yes you're probably right there

• Like 1