British Speedway Forum

1 hour ago, waytogo28 said:

Ove Fundin in to replace Kildemand ( too wimpish ) and Michael Lee allowed to come in at reserve ( reduced average due to injuries ). Passed on to me by ZR.

Both those are more likely than anything ZR says! 

Zagarracing is very quiet. Must be redeclaring our side again!  Wonder who’s in now! 

Nobody in their right mind would sign Garrity or Barker :blink:

8 minutes ago, Crazy robin said:

Tero Aarnio.

Would be a logical move for me. Would mean that Jensen drops to reserve for a month & the likely to replace either Aarnio or Bellego. Would make us very solid 

The way Jensen has been riding, he'd be wasted at reserve. He is capable of beating heatleaders, so why have him riding against reserves with a rider in the top 5 who struggles. Much better to get in someone who can beat other reserves and have our best riders in the top 5.

Suppose Bellego is struggling, for example. Jensen could only take one of his rides, and it would be a ride that he might have been in anyway had he not been reserve.

Get someone who can win heat 2 and we're good to go. Jensen would beat other reserves by half a lap. It's a waste. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Grachan said:

The way Jensen has been riding, he'd be wasted at reserve. He is capable of beating heatleaders, so why have him riding against reserves with a rider in the top 5 who struggles. Much better to get in someone who can beat other reserves and have our best riders in the top 5.

Suppose Bellego is struggling, for example. Jensen could only take one of his rides, and it would be a ride that he might have been in anyway had he not been reserve.

Get someone who can win heat 2 and we're good to go. Jensen would beat other reserves by half a lap. It's a waste. 

The advantage is that he can take 7 rides

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Grachan said:

I can give you 4 reasons:

1) Why waste a point

2) 7 rides For Jensen

3) He would be there for a month so his scoring could propel us up the league

4) Means we will always have a strong reserve 

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Steve0 said:

The advantage is that he can take 7 rides

Steve i think why have Jensen beating reserves when he  has shown us he can beat heat leaders.Doyle,Bellego,Ellis,Jensen, Batch is a very good five and Ellis Perks is contributing and battling as well.If we can get another rider to come in and get  four or five this side could cope without Tobi odviously with Tobi we would be better we need to get the replacement's and shape of the team right.

I am not sure it matters whether Jensen is at reserve or not at this part of the season,when he has done the required amount of meetings he won't be a reserve anyway, he will most likely be a heat leader by the time we get to the  play offs and the important bit of the season.

• Like 1

Would go for Douglas. Improved his average by nearly a point . Riding for a team that is winning which helps with confidence. Average is actually higher away than at home so scores on varied tracks. 

Just top scored 11 in away win at Somerset

Edited by Anzum
Added line
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I am not sure it matters whether Jensen is at reserve or not at this part of the season,when he has done the required amount of meetings he won't be a reserve anyway, he will most likely be a heat leader by the time we get to the  play offs and the important bit of the season.

But the point is we could always have a strong reserve whether that’ll be Jensen, Bellego or an other alongside Perks. To do this we need to maximise the 4.9 we have to play with now. We will then be a major force in this league 

Edited by hyabb17

6 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

I can give you 4 reasons:

1) Why waste a point

2) 7 rides For Jensen

3) He would be there for a month so his scoring could propel us up the league

4) Means we will always have a strong reserve 

One reason for me Hyabb  is Rasser  has shown me he is a top five rider easily,  borderlining on heat leader class.Why have a top five rider in who may struggle and my own opinion is i don't want to rely to much  on Bellego without Jensen being  in our  top five.

6 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

One reason for me Hyabb  is Rasser  has shown me he is a top five rider easily,  borderlining on heat leader class.Why have a top five rider in who may struggle and my own opinion is i don't want to rely to much  on Bellego without Jensen being  in our  top five.

A strong reserve gains you so much more. Don’t get me wrong I think Rasser can do a job in the top 5 but let’s say we keep Starke, Bellego struggles...only Starke & Perks can take one of his rides. Have Rasser there & I think we have the extra power needed. I would prefer we use the extra point for a better reserve than Starke.

How many meetings this season have we had an advantage in heat 1 only to have that go against us in heat 2....

Edited by hyabb17
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, hyabb17 said:

A strong reserve gains you so much more. Don’t get me wrong I think Rasser can do a job in the top 5 but let’s say we keep Starke, Bellego struggles...only Starke & Perks can take one of his rides. Have Rasser there & I think we have the extra power needed. I would prefer we use the extra point for a better reserve than Starke...

Great point but i would rather have that top five with another contributing at there level at reserve with Ellis Perks.