British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Somerset v Kings Lynn Tuesday September 4th

6 minutes ago, Gavan said:

Harris is what you get and in my view along with Woryna has been the reasons why Poole are where they are and why they could on their day sneak the league. 

There is no doubt Brady has been very poor and is lucky to still have a job. He could come good in the play offs but he also has that tendency to not handle pressure.

There has been lots of talk over who is better Brady or Morris but both riders have gone backwards this season. Both a long way behind Fricke now and seeing riders like Jack Holder go past them.

Will either kick on? Morris i feel is at his level , Brady could but he needs to move forward next season. Maybe both have suffered with being out and out number ones and the pressure that has brought. 

Yes you have made some good points there, Brady has spoken in the press about his season and the gist of it would suggest he feels he has found it hard to cope with the pressure of being number one. I feel we have missed Chris Holder's experience and he could of helped Brady, now we have Harris who I have always liked for his never give up attitude and he would be better as our number one I think.

49 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He pulled out of last nights meeting with a back injury so surely it would be foolish to ride tonight.

Why is that ?   24 Hours healing  a session with the physio, or osteopath  can work wonders. 

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Pinny showing Gavan up as per usual. 

Gavan with a completely floored argument. He will come back with the usual bullcrap about why its not floored but Doyle not riding in heat 15 was frankly ridiculous. All he had to do is gate and ride for 60 seconds and Somerset would have won. Doyle is not a lightweight.

If he doesn’t ride tonight there might be some logic, but if he lines up at Somerset then it was a farce of the highest order and something must be seriously wrong in the Somerset camp. 

#prayfordoyle

The word is flawed.............lol

I ask you again......if Woryna aggravated an injury, would you prefer him to keep riding, do more damage, miss the play offs, or rest for the play offs??  Simple question that for some reason you cant answer. I use Woryna as he is possibly the only Poole rider they would struggle to replace

24 hours for an aggravated back injury he can have plenty of treatment.

Not one Somerset fan is annoyed he didnt ride but i guess they see they bigger picture 

Edited by Gavan
  • Like 2

Lets look at what could have happened then.

Doyle rides they get a 5-1 and 1 point becomes 3 put them on 45 points after 22 matches.

Somerset beat Kings Lynn by more than 7 tonight (possible) leaves Somerset on 48 and Lynn on 47 after 22 matches each.

Somerset then get a big away win at Belle Vue and move on to 52 after all matches completed.

Lynn then win only one of the double headers against Leicester and Somerset are top.

All of that could happen but unlikely. Would Somerset have anything to gain from coming top? No not this season. They wouldnt choose Belle Vue who won their recently and although no Bewley he only got 6 that night and r/r could cover that, they would choose Poole. Somerset by coming second will still be left with Poole as there is no way Kings Lynn will choose Poole.

Kings Lynn have won twice away at Belle Vue when Bewley got scores of 11+2 and 9 +2,  and beaten them twice at home (Lambert only getting 7) when Bewley also scored 12 and 8. The loss of Bewley makes Belle Vue even more inviting for Kings Lynn.

So to sum up..................no matter who tops the table the semi finals will be the same.

Why risk your irreplaceable number one getting a worse injury for the important play offs?

35 minutes ago, Gavan said:

The word is flawed.............lol

I ask you again......if Woryna aggravated an injury, would you prefer him to keep riding, do more damage, miss the play offs, or rest for the play offs??  Simple question that for some reason you cant answer. I use Woryna as he is possibly the only Poole rider they would struggle to replace

24 hours for an aggravated back injury he can have plenty of treatment.

Not one Somerset fan is annoyed he didnt ride but i guess they see they bigger picture 

I think Poole have already amply demonstrated that missing Klindt was difficult to replace. Even Kings Lynn using him to guest for NKI tonight think he's capable.

• Like 1

Just now, Skidder1 said:

I think Poole have already amply demonstrated that missing Klindt was difficult to replace. Even Kings Lynn using him to guest for NKI tonight think he's capable.

Wouldnt totally disagree with that comment

15 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Maybe the only one who would take the booking:rolleyes:

57 minutes ago, semion said:

Why is that ?   24 Hours healing  a session with the physio, or osteopath  can work wonders. 

I doubt there was anything wrong with him.

Poole fans just making themselves look silly again. One of them thinks he plays psychological games, he does if you're still at school and another one, who doesn't understand the appropriate use of, of and have, now seems to think he has physic powers. :D 

4 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

Poole fans just making themselves look silly again. One of them thinks he plays psychological games, he does if you're still at school and another one, who doesn't understand the appropriate use of, of and have, now seems to think he has physic powers. :D 

Be honest its just the one Poole fan................hasnt yet grown up and doesnt even answer questions lol

Lol @ Gavan. Doesn’t have the brains to realise I used the word floored on purpose.

#prayfordoyle. 

22 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Lol @ Gavan. Doesn’t have the brains to realise I used the word floored on purpose.

#prayfordoyle. 

i can see those wheels backtracking so fast.

I can see anyone else laughing in your delusional little world you live in

Having a debate with foreverblue and skidder........now run along you must have a flight to Rome to book

How are the magnificent 7 ,9 11  sorry 13 riders doing?

56 minutes ago, Aces51 said:

I am hoping he is fully fit for Wednesday !

2 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Yes you have made some good points there, Brady has spoken in the press about his season and the gist of it would suggest he feels he has found it hard to cope with the pressure of being number one. I feel we have missed Chris Holder's experience and he could of helped Brady, now we have Harris who I have always liked for his never give up attitude and he would be better as our number one I think.

I don't think there is anything wrong in the Rebels camp, my view is that they heard the result from Wolves and decided not to risk Doyle. Tomorrow is another day and all that.