British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ZagarRacing

Playoff Semi Finals 2018

3 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I doubt we will have to ride against him in the play offs. Anyway  wasn't so good at Belle Vue  on Wednesday and only has a 5 point average in the Championship so he can't be riding very fast for Redcar.

In my eyes he is doing a very good job for the Aces and Redcar would not suit him anyway not like a Scunny Sheffield or the terrific National stadium.

1 minute ago, Sidney the robin said:

In my eyes he is doing a very good job for the Aces and Redcar would not suit him anyway not like a Scunny Sheffield or the terrific National stadium.

Had 3 lasts at the NSS the other night, it seems he is ok when he gates but doesn't do much passing.

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Had 3 lasts at the NSS the other night, it seems he is ok when he gates but doesn't do much passing.

Like 80 per cent of the riders.!!

2 hours ago, Aces51 said:

If we are slight outsiders we must have been overwhelming favourites before Bewley was injured.

It will be a remarkable performance if we win and I obviously hope we do. If we don't ,I think it will be a King's Lynn, Somerset final and that King's Lynn will win it. That would be brilliant for their fans who have waited so long.

I certainly wouldn't begrudge BV being champions, been very unlucky/unfortunate in the playoffs over the years. I just started going to speedway when BV last won it, I was 11! :o

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He is doing a more than decent job for us and can and does pass riders. He passed Covatti on Wednesday and made passes in a couple of races against both Wolves and a Leicester. Obviously, it depends on the opposition and any rider with his sort of average is going to be inconsistent. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Belle Vue have more than covered for Bewley so far.

really 1 point at home to wolves & 3pts away to wolves !! enough said !!

11 minutes ago, geoff58 said:

really 1 point at home to wolves & 3pts away to wolves !! enough said !!

Gavan has caught him out numerous times he never does his research Geoff.

• Like 1

Of the current teams Vue have won 12 top titles, Poole 9, Wolves 5, Swindon 4, so would like to see Lynn or Zummerzet win for the first time. Lynn finished top so most deserving of the trophy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Aces51 said:

He is doing a more than decent job for us and can and does pass riders. He passed Covatti on Wednesday and made passes in a couple of races against both Wolves and a Leicester. Obviously, it depends on the opposition and any rider with his sort of average is going to be inconsistent. 

Yes I agree with that and he is a big improvement on the reserve he replaced.

20 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Of the current teams Vue have won 12 top titles, Poole 9, Wolves 5, Swindon 4, so would like to see Lynn or Zummerzet win for the first time. Lynn finished top so most deserving of the trophy.

Of course Somerset haven't been in the top flight for long so maybe Kings Lynn are the most deserving especially as I seem to remember they have finished first before in the league season but missed out in the play offs.

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

Of course Somerset haven't been in the top flight for long so maybe Kings Lynn are the most deserving especially as I seem to remember they have finished first before in the league season but missed out in the play offs.

And Wolves have never finished top in their playoff successes.

• Like 1

Not in the top league, but that did happen in the second division in 2007.

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

I can think of a lot of riders to which that applies

23 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Not in the top league, but that did happen in the second division in 2007.

I think maybe I am remembering when Eastbourne pipped them in the last meeting of the season for the title whenever that was.

Edited by foreverblue