British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow v Edinburgh CL Tues Paulco's birthday2018 at 19-30

And you can guess what i want for my birthday , a Tigers home win and the forces of darkness sent back along the M8 to tricktrackland pointless . 

Yes it's the biggee , Scotlands finest against Satan's seven , or six or how many they rock up with . 

I believe we have Connor Mountain as guest reserve , while they have Broc Nicol as their reserve replacement . As both their Swedes got Armadaled apparently during Friday night's latest home slaughter , but Victor Palavaara is expected to ride on Tuesday . 

So Cookie , Bomber and the lads will have to bring their 'A' game to the track , while we bring the beer tokens and the anti-smug spray . 

Going to be a nervy , but entertaining evening as the play off thingy goes right to the wire . 

C'mon the Stripes 

Edited by Paulco
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Paulco said:

And you can guess what i want for my birthday , a Tigers home win and the forces of darkness sent back along the M8 to tricktrackland pointless . 

Yes it's the biggee , Scotlands finest against Satan's seven , or six or how many they rock up with . 

I believe we have Connor Mountain as guest reserve , while they have Broc Nicol as their reserve replacement . As both their Swedes got Armadaled apparently during Friday night's latest home slaughter , but Victor Palavaara is expected to ride on Tuesday . 

So Cookie , Bomber and the lads will have to bring their 'A' game to the track , while we bring the beer tokens and the anti-smug spray . 

Going to be a nervy , but entertaining evening as the play off thingy goes right to the wire . 

C'mon the Stripes 

A red &  white zimmer  to match your concessionary bus pass holder :P

Expect a comfortable home win with an untroubled 15 for Cookie.

Also sure the Tigs will pick up at least 3 points at the weekend to ensure top four qualification.

P.S. hope Connor Mountain's Sunday afternoon prang does not prevent him from guesting for you on Tuesday, as it will be interesting to how the "Real Tigers" guest reserves shape up against each other.

10 minutes ago, cyclone said:

A red &  white zimmer  to match your concessionary bus pass holder :P

Expect a comfortable home win with an untroubled 15 for Cookie.

Also sure the Tigs will pick up at least 3 points at the weekend to ensure top four qualification.

P.S. hope Connor Mountain's Sunday afternoon prang does not prevent him from guesting for you on Tuesday, as it will be interesting to how the "Real Tigers" guest reserves shape up against each other.

A year away from the bus pass yet , by which time the SNP might have withdrawn it . So a Tigers win will suffice . 

• Like 1

Need a massive performance from the top 5 as I don’t see us scoring anything from reserve tbh.

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Anti smug spray :D

Yeah he bought it off Kings Lynn when they left our league because he knew who would be next to need it, Paulco is a realist . By the way many happy returns to one of the most admired supporter on this forum, although I hope your day ends c@@p :-)

My first post,  Have just read that Conor Mountain is injured and misses tomorrow nights meeting and will be replaced by Jordan Stewart.

Think that makes it all the harder for the Tigers as I believe Mountain was a shrewd choice of guest who could have made a huge difference looking at some of his Premiership scores.

Weather not looking good. Bucketing at Dampden,    Sorry Hampden tonight. 

Edited by Endeavour

The reserve changes look to be a game changer. Connor Mountain is out and Jordan Stewart replaces him. He was absolutely woeful when up with Redcar, I've already lost hope of getting any points out of him. Broc Nicol for the 0131 looks far more promising, he might take a heat to get going but I think he'll like it.

11 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

Weather not looking good. Bucketing at Dampden,    Sorry Hampden tonight. 

Unfortunately a rain off helps no one. That would leave only Saturday or Sunday but Poland may thwart that.

forecast not great for Friday either. Hard lines on ANY team losing out due to incomplete matches. Look at Berwick, invested in covers, home matches completed, thwarted by weather at Ipswich and at Edinburgh. Think an extension should be granted again to 23rd

5 minutes ago, Endeavour said:

forecast not great for Friday either. Hard lines on ANY team losing out due to incomplete matches. Look at Berwick, invested in covers, home matches completed, thwarted by weather at Ipswich and at Edinburgh. Think an extension should be granted again to 23rd

After the long hot summer it's inconceivable it has come down to this September madness again . Thankfully tomorrow's forecast isnt too bad , but it's been torrential rain here in the west since this afternoon . 

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

Cant agree on extending the deadline or extending it by a week last time. Everyone knew what it was at the start, its up to them to achieve it, bearing in mind there have been so few fixtures to run this year compared to last, and during the best summer in 20 years.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MD said:

The reserve changes look to be a game changer. Connor Mountain is out and Jordan Stewart replaces him. He was absolutely woeful when up with Redcar, I've already lost hope of getting any points out of him. Broc Nicol for the 0131 looks far more promising, he might take a heat to get going but I think he'll like it.

I thought Jordan Stewart rode very well, very solidly at Ashfield in the U21 event.