British Speedway Forum

31 minutes ago, semion said:

Ray, as I remember you didn't win the League.   Kings Lynn won the League, Poole won the League  play-off's

Still not over it then :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, semion said:

Sorry my mistake Skidder. I got that wrong.  Did you get it right that nobody care ?

It might be suggested you winning over 2 legs at the end of the season means very little to anyone outside of Dorset.

I do actually agree with you kings lynn were the better side over 24 meetings by far but unfortunate statistics tell a different story . and for what its worth we never deserved to win luck played a major part 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, ray c said:

I do actually agree with you kings lynn were the better side over 24 meetings by far but unfortunate statistics tell a different story . and for what its worth we never deserved to win luck played a major part 

Luck plays a part in all sport.

• Like 1

An interview with Fred J was published this morning in Poland. 

Make of this what you will. 

First of all, I want to continue to develop as a player, so that my career will constantly move forward. I hope that I will compete a lot - I have scheduled meetings in Denmark, Poland, England, and I also hope that I will not miss juniors' events. It promises to be a very busy year for me.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Luck plays a part in all sport.

You could also argue, that the team that finishes top isn’t ALWAYS the “best”, but the luckiest!

Many factors can contribute, including injuries (obviously) and timing. 

Some teams meet opponents who are noticeably weaker than the rest and pick up the points, whereas others meet them just after they’ve strengthened up due to a drop in the averages. 

Its the only way we can judge who is the best over the season, and it’s as close to fair as we’ll ever get. But it’s certainly a fallacy to suggest that the top team is always the best. 

1 hour ago, semion said:

Ray, Lynn finished top of the League. So over  the course of the season they were the best team. Poole won the play-offs, so they were the best team over 2 matches. Like it or not, them's are the facts.

1 hour ago, semion said:

You are wrong there skidder. many people in Norfolk were very proud that Kings Lynn, for the first time in their history finished top of the no 1 League in British Speedway. 

So why say nobody ?  Where did you gain that info from ?   Was it a straw pool you did at Wimborne ?

It’s all pretty easy.

No one can deny that Kings Lynn were the best team over the complete league racing season. There is now no such thing as topping the league and being crowned champions. It’s not been that way for many a year. Whether that is right or wrong is a totally different subject.

Lynn fans can feel mighty proud of their teams effort in 2018 and in the same breath be equally disappointed they didn’t win the play offs.

Facts of the matter however show Poole as league winners in 2018 with Kings Lynn runners up. They only facts relevant on who won the league this year.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, poolebolton said:

Poor Pboro. Getting stuck with Harris. 

Ford masterstroke! Not worth that 7.5 ish average he is on with the 2.5%!

Some soon forget... Oh well as long as Poole are ok I guess ;)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ray c said:

Not all Poole fans are the same ;)

1 hour ago, poolebolton said:

First of all, I want to continue to develop as a player, so that my career will constantly move forward. I hope that I will compete a lot - I have scheduled meetings in Denmark, Poland, England, and I also hope that I will not miss juniors' events. It promises to be a very busy year for me.

Hopefully most of his UK meetings are at Poole! 

2 hours ago, ray c said:

We, is that the Royal we ?  Luck plays a massive part, sometimes you have to make your own luck, and ride it.

Edited by Starman2006

2 hours ago, ray c said:

That's it ray, you can see it for what it is.   Lynn... won the league, ( as In finished Top)  Poole rode their luck over 2 legs  ( 4 if you count Somerset) and came out on top. 

The record books will say... Poole were Champions that season.  The record books also show that the Wilder and Fury bout ended a draw, and Wilder is World Champion ( well one of them)..... Does it tell the full story ?

17 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hopefully most of his UK meetings are at Poole! 

Well at least 14 of them. Another 14 will be spread across 6 other tracks!!;)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, poolebolton said:

I think he is nailed on to return for Poole.

No way Matt will have what is arguably the hottest talent coming out of DK (presently) ride elsewhere. Also still on an attractive GSA of 5.04. Plus had that all important first season (well from July onwards) which gave him an idea of what to expect going forward.

When you think about it logically, he COULD be the next Nicki P - NKI - Madsen or K.Bjerre being only 20 (not 21 until next May). In a way pleased he is not doing SWE (although think he wanted to). I think concentrating on POL (now in a Nice 1 team so self promotion) - DK - UK and various Junior Tournaments as well as DK Champ etc will keep him busy. Also with UK being mainly Thur with some Mon (Wolves/BV away x 2) he will not be bogged down doing Pol/Sun - UK/Mon - Swe/Tue - DK/Wed - UK Thur plus individual tournaments such as World U21 etc, would be a hell of a sched for a 20 year old Dane coming through. OK Lambert thrived on it but he was used to all the travelling even as a youngster between UK/Germany and rest of Europe. Having said that Lambert did incredibly well last season.

I am all for seeing the young next generation with true potential coming through (especially at Poole).. Even if he is not British ;-) Plenty of the same please, be it Australian's/British or whoever is good with me. The same old same old riders such as Harris/Nicholls will always get team places Prem & Champ as they ride out rest of their careers.

• Like 1

Interesting little stat also on Jakobsen.

In 13 matches for Poole after he joined in July he weighed in with 16 bonus points.

When the team is trying to keep things tight these BP are important. Would have added over 1 point per meeting had BP been incl in GSA calculations.

Of course it does help if you have a good team mate also in reserve as a partner :-) Hence an argument maybe to have strong reserves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, semion said:

That's it ray, you can see it for what it is.   Lynn... won the league, ( as In finished Top)  Poole rode their luck over 2 legs  ( 4 if you count Somerset) and came out on top. 

The record books will say... Poole were Champions that season.  The record books also show that the Wilder and Fury bout ended a draw, and Wilder is World Champion ( well one of them)..... Does it tell the full story ?

KL finished top but they didn't win the league. Poole did and it isn't even a opinion, it is a fact.