British Speedway Forum
Argos

Worrying Times at Redcar

To paraphrase what Ged said last weekend (assuming I've remembered correctly and not made this up) he said that although owning his local track may appeal at some stage, now is not the time. Any thoughts of Ged taking over Redcar isn't going to be now. 

Still no news if we have a promoter for next season.

If not then it will be Workington and Newcastle to go see next season.

24 minutes ago, Speedway4ever said:

Still no news if we have a promoter for next season.

If not then it will be Workington and Newcastle to go see next season.

Think that might just be Newcastle Marra.

Regards

THJ 

• Like 1

Ged said that he would have been interested in running Redcar and Panthers but was rebuffed by current Redcar owners.

33 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

Ged said that he would have been interested in running Redcar and Panthers but was rebuffed by current Redcar owners.

The current Redcar owners don't like Ged (wonder why) and it is alleged that they have said they would rather level the place than let him have it. How much truth there is in that rumour is anyone's guess. However at Scunny on Sunday it was mentioned that Brian Havelock could be being lined up for a return with JD (as co promoter) and young Havvy (team manager) taking on bigger more hands on roles. Not sure how popular that decision would be; or how true it is for that matter; however if it keeps the sport running in Redcar it may be a case of better the devil you know. As it would be a travesty if Redcar didn't run. (and that's from a Geordie)

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Think that might just be Newcastle Marra.

Regards

THJ 

Your obvious 'inside knowledge' factor has me ever more worried.....of course you're not alone in hinting re the negative....but ....I  do hang on to hope that Comets re-appear next year.....

13 minutes ago, singy13 said:

Your obvious 'inside knowledge' factor has me ever more worried.....of course you're not alone in hinting re the negative....but ....I  do hang on to hope that Comets re-appear next year.....

Me too Singy however I have just checked my lottery tickets form last night and it "wasn't me" unfortunately 

Regards
THJ

23 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Me too Singy however I have just checked my lottery tickets form last night and it "wasn't me" unfortunately 

Regards
THJ

Same here......

1 hour ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

The current Redcar owners don't like Ged (wonder why) and it is alleged that they have said they would rather level the place than let him have it. How much truth there is in that rumour is anyone's guess.

If there is any truth in that rumour then they are "cut your nose off to spite your face" people and not taking a very kind approach to existing Bears fans  ( unless they wish to carry on running it at Redcar ).

19 minutes ago, waytogo28 said:

If there is any truth in that rumour then they are "cut your nose off to spite your face" people and not taking a very kind approach to existing Bears fans  ( unless they wish to carry on running it at Redcar ).

True but lets face it when you talk to Ged or if you ever have the misfortune to have any dealings with him you would find he is a rather odious misanthropic miscreant type of a guy. (Just my personal opinion of course however I can see where the Redcar promotion are coming from) 

Regards
THJ

12 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

True but lets face it when you talk to Ged or if you ever have the misfortune to have any dealings with him you would find he is a rather odious misanthropic miscreant type of a guy. (Just my personal opinion of course however I can see where the Redcar promotion are coming from) 

Regards
THJ

So going by your posts, similar to yourself then?

7 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

So going by your posts, similar to yourself then?

OOOH er Missus!!!! Bitchy bitchy!!! From the Ged Rathbone appreciation society I presume "give as a cuddle and a kiss" XXX

Sorry just not that keen on the guy and we speak regularly and he probably has the same opinion of me however "like the Murphy's I'm not bitter" and certainly wont be losing any sleep over it.

Regards
THJ

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

OOOH er Missus!!!! Bitchy bitchy!!! From the Ged Rathbone appreciation society I presume "give as a cuddle and a kiss" XXX

Sorry just not that keen on the guy and we speak regularly and he probably has the same opinion of me however "like the Murphy's I'm not bitter" and certainly wont be losing any sleep over it.

Regards
THJ

Who do you not talk to, haven't heard you being on the blower to anyone at Glasgow yet :blink:.

Just now, Gazc said:

Who do you not talk to, haven't heard you being on the blower to anyone at Glasgow yet :blink:.

Sponsored a couple of Glasgow riders in the past and used to talk to Stuart now and then when our paths crossed but since he is off to Leicester I doubt that will be happening much now and being a person who considers himself rather a "gregarious chap" (alright gobsh!te) I will converse with and listen to anyone and value their opinion and beliefs even if I don't always agree with them. 

Then of curse you can always resort to the "smack in the mouth" protocol that is usually a deal clincher.

Regards
THJ

8 minutes ago, TotallyHonestJohn said:

Sponsored a couple of Glasgow riders in the past and used to talk to Stuart now and then when our paths crossed but since he is off to Leicester I doubt that will be happening much now and being a person who considers himself rather a "gregarious chap" (alright gobsh!te) I will converse with and listen to anyone and value their opinion and beliefs even if I don't always agree with them. 

Then of curse you can always resort to the "smack in the mouth" protocol that is usually a deal clincher.

Regards
THJ

Agree with you on Stewart haven't spoke to him for a while now.