British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2019

17 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

If Nicol came in for Lambert this would give Nicol from the USA more income as he has a CL team place,  whilst at the sametime Lambert from the UK no income at all as he has no CL team either, if it happened would be a bit harsh on Lambert especially after his loyalty to Lynn and the fact Nicol isnt much of an improvement on Lambert

It's a results-based sport and Simon may be "loyal" whatever that means. But he has little chance of improving and shows little "hunger". Tends to build himself up for one decent ride and then be happy to trail around at the back. Nicol is eager to improve and is probably capable of doing so but maybe not immediately. Go for Nicol.

I don’t think there is any problem with Lamberts hunger or desire, he simply is as good as he will ever be and any shortcomings are down to his limitations of ability rather than effort and commitment. 

• Like 6

8 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don’t think there is any problem with Lamberts hunger or desire, he simply is as good as he will ever be and any shortcomings are down to his limitations of ability rather than effort and commitment. 

Agreed Baggy and Simon knows it, he's not an idiot, Simon really does not deserve some of the crap slung at him on this thread, do any of the dissenters go into the bar for the Q&A? Just asking out of interest?

• Like 3

Sorry Trees but I see no future and very little point in keep re-visiting Simon Lambert riding for us or indeed any team at this level.  He is what he is, which a decent NL no 1 or at best a CL Reserve ( at certain Clubs).  He is no better ( and no worse) than we he was as a 16/17 year old

As for going in the bar afterwards, not for me as have very little interest in it and just want to get back on the road to do the 90min journey home. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Trees said:

Agreed Baggy and Simon knows it, he's not an idiot, Simon really does not deserve some of the crap slung at him on this thread, do any of the dissenters go into the bar for the Q&A? Just asking out of interest?

Dissenters ??? Do you not mean paying customers? What a disrespectful way to call paying customers -   Most people have work the next morning and want to get home some people have children with them and want to get home maybe you have neither and can take your time after the meeting but for most people that isn’t the case . 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

So Simon was out of a job and was asked by Lynn to sign, he's not going to say no is he? 

I asked who goes into the bar afterwards because all the riders go in there whether they've had great nights or poor nights on track, they are interviewed, they tell it how it is and you can hear and see how happy or disappointed they are, they face the music, it maybe humanises (if that's a word) them a little more to the fans. On Monday Simon was soooo down in the dumps even though he'd done his job, he's been about Lynn since he was a kid, in his words he knows he will never be World Champ but he always does his best ......

Let me add that the fans who go in there have the chance to ask any question they want ..... 

Edited by Trees
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Trees said:

I have nothing against Simon Lambert , and I know he tries his best. He gets a few usefull points at home but always struggles away. He has had his best days and it's time to replace him with someone who has the potential to improve and score a few points away. Simon has been a great servant to Kings Lynn but for the teams sake it's time to move on. Hopefully he can get a team place in the Championship. And I don't go to the bar after the meeting , and if I did it wouldn't make Simon a better rider.

At the end of the day Simon does a job for the team, when he is signed  it’s to fill a gap vacated by somebody else or in this case to allow the acquisition of another rider. It’s pretty clear he and somebody else will be leaving soon so I don’t understand why people need to let into him particularly after a meeting where he has scored in every ride. Just seems a bit unnecessary to me. 

• Like 3

Simon is no world beater as he has said before.He's not one of my favourite riders but he always seems to give all for the cause when called upon.Maybe poor away but this is what you get with many riders even of a higher standard to Simon.Many people were very happy to get Cook in the side,so to allow Cook in you had to have a standard of rider like Simon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I don’t understand why people need to let into him particularly after a meeting where he has scored in every ride. Just seems a bit unnecessary to me. 

Because "one swallow does not a summer make: as the saying goes and I rate Simon on his overall scores for the Stars, not one match. If we did that 0 0 0 0 away would count against him. I don't disrespect him, I just believe that he tries to ride above his level. 

In the new, soon to come one league, he may find a place at KL as there will be a weaker overall level.

If anyone had a go at Simon Lambert after Monday's meeting, they were out of order. I thought he rode well and was up to speed. I am one of the first to criticise riders when they are poor , but Simon done his job.

• Like 2

When you bring nicol and riss in for proctor and simon you will easily make the play offs 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, waytogo28 said:

Because "one swallow does not a summer make: as the saying goes and I rate Simon on his overall scores for the Stars, not one match. If we did that 0 0 0 0 away would count against him. I don't disrespect him, I just believe that he tries to ride above his level. 

In the new, soon to come one league, he may find a place at KL as there will be a weaker overall level.

I expect it’s because he is offered a team spot at Lynn on a temporary basis, why would he turn it down? People whinging about him is like putting a pub darts player into the Premier League as the competition is one short against some of the best players in the world and then complaining that pub player isn’t winning matches. 

Its pretty clear that Simon was signed to get Cook into the team and will then be replaced once the averages change again. If we’d been winning away matches I suspect nobody would be saying much about his away scores but because others haven’t ridden to the standards of last season SLambert gets it in the neck when in reality he is unlikely to beat any other reserves away from Lynn anyway as they are better riders. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 2

What was suspected then, Riss and Nicol in for Proctor and Lambert. Would loved to have seen Douglas in Stars kevlars but I guess he's off somewhere else. 

Just waiting to get Nicols necessary paperwork done,bit they do have a contingency plan if necessary paperwork etc not completed:unsure: