British Speedway Forum

25 minutes ago, False dawn said:

If any two of Matej Zagar, NKI or Martin Vaculik finish in the top 8, then Anders Thomsen qualifies from the Challenge.

If all three get into the top 8, then Pontus Aspgren also gets in.

If Zagar and NKI both get into the top 8 then Thomsen and Aspgren are in surely ?

Edit Vaculik finished 4th in the challenge so for  the above to happen it  would need Vaculik in top 8 as well

Edited by racers and royals

2 minutes ago, JC71 said:

Hi False dawn, not trying to pick an argument, but is that definitely true this year? I'm sure I read / heard that the rules had changed....... I could be very wrong!

Cheers

Do you know, I'm not entirely sure. I think the GP reserves don't come from the Challenge as they have previously, but I thought the qualifiers did.

I see R&R has quoted the relevant rule.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, False dawn said:

Do you know, I'm not entirely sure. I think the GP reserves don't come from the Challenge as they have previously, but I thought the qualifiers did.

I see R&R has quoted the relevant rule.

Ah, yep, now you say that, I think that's what I have misunderstood......... thanks

Absolute crap. Hope it’s more than another 5 years before I see another meeting at this gaters paradise. Always been the same. 

• Like 2

The SEC event at Vojens earlier this year was better. Heat of the night was the Zagar, Doyle & Sayfutdinov semi. I do wonder how much of an.impact Doyle out trapping Sayfutdinov in that race will have in deciding the World Championship.

9 hours ago, Hodgy said:

Absolute crap. Hope it’s more than another 5 years before I see another meeting at this gaters paradise. Always been the same. 

Vojens only ever served up good racing when it peed down and all the dirt had been removed..

Meaning track craft got you the grip needed to pass..

Last night had too much grip for a track that has tight (ish) turns hence when they rode the wider arc at two thrds track, on that berm of dirt, it was like being on rails (or as much as you could be on a speedway bike)...

One (very fast) line, then follow the leader to do the same..

Scott Nicholls made a telling point early in the piece when he mentioned how he thought racing would improve when riders started to feel safer riding closer to each other..

I often wonder how often that effects racing in the UK on some of our tracks..?

• Like 2

11 hours ago, CatAndy said:

I know this was a dire GP but I'm so pleased to have been able to see it through the kindness of members who sent me a link. I am on a very low wage and cannot afford a BT Sport subscription but I'm dedicated to speedway and am very grateful to have been sent a link so I could see Zmarzlik move into... ahem... pole position tonight. 

Come and join the Continental Speedway Facebook page. Not only will you get links to every GP, you'll also be able to watch all televised Polish matches live and also afterwards through the meeting videos section...

11 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Another crap GP. If only they could select the ten best race tracks in the world and use those. 

Best 6 would do :D

I'm surprised people still keep thinking it's about racing - it's about commercial growth and selling tickets/sponsorship. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

The case for a GP at NSS Belle Vue Manchester England must be getting stronger.

Why ? Matters not what happens in Denmark or Germany etc . Just Cardiff. And as long as that is on the calendar then it is unlikely any other UK venue will host a GP

Denmark as one of the major speedway countries when you look at titles won, are entitled to a GP. Just a pity they have crap tracks

Edited by iris123

6 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

The case for a GP at NSS Belle Vue Manchester England must be getting stronger.

Doesn't small crowd capacity preclude the National Speedway Stadium in Manchester  from staging a Speedway GP? 

8 minutes ago, gustix said:

Doesn't small crowd capacity preclude the National Speedway Stadium in Manchester  from staging a Speedway GP? 

By erection of temporary stands on the 3rd/4th bends (as 2016 for the World Cup) NSS will hold 9000, as much as some of the current GP stadia. The stadium bookings would be full within weeks of ticket release, so TV rights would bring in the extra income.

Manchester city centre is short journey away, bus route passes by, train station, hotels in abundance. Nothing else needed.

18 minutes ago, gustix said:

3 minutes ago, OveFundinFan said:

By erection of temporary stands on the 3rd/4th bends (as 2016 for the World Cup) NSS will hold 9000, as much as some of the current GP stadia. The stadium bookings would be full within weeks of ticket release, so TV rights would bring in the extra income.

Manchester city centre is short journey away, bus route passes by, train station, hotels in abundance. Nothing else needed.

On this basis would the FIM permit Britain to stage two Grand Prix? Also how does the NSS compare in facilities with Cardiff should it ever  be selected as the GB hosting venue for a GP?

Just seen this on Facebook on the DMU page 

‘Well done Vojens, great show, great advert for speedway ..., from a happy Scotsman’

So different opinions as ever and I think importantly from those many thousands who attended. I have often found myself enjoying a Vojens meeting and then come home to read the negative opinions on the forum. Not without grounds I add. Just the experience is often very different