British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

1 minute ago, hans fan said:

Can we have anders Thomsen instead please most likely to be bellego tho

Anders Thomsen will be more than Harris! 

What I dont understand is what Peterborough have found out now that they didn't know when putting their team together. If their figures on averages didn't add up then surely they would've known by now, if they were over budget they should've seen that long ago. No matter what the rights and the wrongs are you have to feel for Chris Harris who is completely innocent in all of this.

1 minute ago, screm said:

What I dont understand is what Peterborough have found out now that they didn't know when putting their team together. If their figures on averages didn't add up then surely they would've known by now, if they were over budget they should've seen that long ago. No matter what the rights and the wrongs are you have to feel for Chris Harris who is completely innocent in all of this.

This has Chapmans hands all over it, flexing his 'muscles' now the sale is completed ...

• Like 1

You’d think the head of bspa who owns the team would know the correct averages. How long ago was the team announced ? 

9 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

This has Chapmans hands all over it, flexing his 'muscles' now the sale is completed ...

I'm disappointed. I just hope whoever Panthers get will be an entertainer.......personally I'd rather see someone slide off (as long as they're ok) trying to swoop around the outside than settle for a safe second (naive maybe but then I guess I can be).......... I wonder if the whole 2.5% reduction was misunderstood, and therefore Panthers didn't fit the points limits..... but rather than come out and slag off the ruling body, Buster has bit his tongue and reshuffled his three teams....... what average is Tai on :D?

1 hour ago, BlackPanther said:

Another Speedway shamble. Bomber will join Ipswich now. Hope the new rider is Rohan Tungate.

Would still be over the points limit though?

But Panthers are welcome to him.....

Where is Neil Watson when the fans need more explanation?!

Lets hope Bomber is not lost to the sport as he said when Rye House folded that he needed 2 clubs to make things pay - or he would quit!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

Would still be over the points limit though?

But Panthers are welcome to him.....

It's got nothing to do with the points limit, it's a cost measure ...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

It's got nothing to do with the points limit, it's a cost measure ...

Really do you honestly believe that is the full story.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BluPanther said:

Was my initial thoughts as well. Both Louis and Ged are on record as saying is was “business as usual” although obviously not as before, and they were building the team. Perhaps they were given a rough estimate of available funds and built the teams accordingly. 

Now that a sale has been completed, buster has decided it’s too expensive?

The other possibility, is buster has a responsibility to all three clubs he’s now in charge of, and he can see that Ipswich are struggling to get in a heatleader? There is one available (Tungate), but for reasons I won’t go in to on here that is a move that won’t happen. 

So his plan is to move Bomber out of one of his clubs and move him to another, and then move Tungate to Peterborough where he’d be more welcome..

Only speculating of course, but I wouldn’t be surprised at either scenario. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, New era Panthers said:

Really do you honestly believe that is the full story.

No ...

• Like 1

Surely tungate will now be on his way. Or maybe bellego 

So is buster the 100% owner now? Dosent add up as ged stated on radio a while back saying buster gave ged a budget for the team and the team was put together within budget and approved by buster..

Don't think the team change has got anything to do with finances.

Ipswich are struggling to sign 7 riders up.

Only rider on a 7+ average in the league that's available is Tungate and the promotion haven't returned his calls by the sound of things. 

So to help the cannon fodder Witches.

Buster abuses his power and decides to trade Harris to Ippo whilst Tungate takes the spot available at Panthers.

Panthers fans shouldn't complain because Tungate is a better rider than Harris. Harris produces the odd good ride from time to time but never consistent whilst Tungate loves the Showground.

Edited by FloydMayweather
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1