Jump to content
British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2019

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If thats the case Peterborough maybe losing another rider soon who might not wont to ride for Busters rates. 

Maybe Harris is the only rider to refuse the pay structure. He did sulk in the Speedway Star bumper edition about he'll only ride for so much or he'll quit the sport, running on about how the sport owes him a living.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

If thats the case Peterborough maybe losing another rider soon who might not wont to ride for Busters rates. 

I will walk away from the sport if my club has to drop another rider. Buster owning three clubs is going to cause havoc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Najjer said:

It's all coming from the same big pot of money effectively though so it's not a case of can't afford it - that would be a case of needing a no.1 at Ipswich so I've transferred him across to Ipswich wouldn't it?

1 big pot maybe... but each have their own budget.

Think of it as a dad takes his kids shopping and has £30 to spend on them. So £10 each

Child "I" picks a book for £5

Child "P" picks a doll for 12

Child "KL" picks a dvd for £10

When he gets to the cash desk he has enough money. But "I" wants to purchase something else from shop next door for the rest of their £5. So what does he do... The only logical answer is for "P" to pick something that costs their share so that "I" can goto the other shop.

Simple.:D

 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 2ndbendbeerhut said:

1 big pot maybe... but each have their own budget.

Think of it as a dad takes his kids shopping and has £30 to spend on them. So £10 each

Child "I" picks a book for £5

Child "P" picks a doll for 12

Child "KL" picks a dvd for £10

When he gets to the cash desk he has enough money. But "I" wants to purchase something else from shop next door for the rest of their £5. So what does he do... The only logical answer is for "P" to pick something that costs their share so that "I" can goto the other shop.

Simple.:D

 

Im surprised you didnt go for the pic'n'mix analogy :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am surprised by the official statement from Chris Harris  not the level of anger I was expecting from him. Sort of males you wonder what he knew in advance of yesterday's announcement 

Edited by Carpman

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tungate is a better rider than Harris anyway.

 

 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Najjer said:

If Buster is the owner of all 3, then effectively it is. The three individual pots all go back to one big one in simple terms. 

So it's Rider Control back again then? But just for 3 clubs of course.

And if there has been no response by Harris, then more likely he has been fixed-up with a team place elsewhere already? The stuff about financial operating model causing the change has the strong whiff of smokescreen.

Edited by Big Al
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Al said:

So it's Rider Control back again then? But just for 3 clubs of course.

And if there has been no response by Harris, then more likely he has been fixed-up with a team place elsewhere already? The stuff about financial operating model causing the change has the strong whiff of smokescreen.

I think that's exactly what it is. I would say trying to monopolise the league. Between Kings Lynn, Ipswich and Peterborough and then also the riders on Poole's books they control the vast majority of the division.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BlackPanther said:

I will walk away from the sport if my club has to drop another rider. Buster owning three clubs is going to cause havoc.

This is just the start and we haven’t turned a wheel yet. 

I’m amazed some fans can’t see it but as with other warnings I just get shouted down. 

Some good news though, I’ve come into a considerable amount of money but need help sorting things out. If you guys could send me £100 each, I’ll then send you £1000. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

As an outsider looking in, it would be interesting to know exactly who issued the press release/statement, as no management individual is mentioned in it?!

Nobody is going to own up to that and it's just a cobbled up version of how we can let them know what has happened without actually telling the truth as when they had completed the team it was all supposedly been done within budget permitted , Chapman is not going to tell the real story and Ged is not in a position to tell the real reasons behind it as his hands are now tied and he has to do as he is told. Just hope that Buster turns up if they have a meet the riders night but I doubt he will show his face when quite  a few fans might want to ask him one or two questions . Now that would be box office.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The consequences of the Chapman TRIUMVIRATE are coming home to roost

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, wealdstone said:

The consequences of the Chapman TRIUMVIRATE are coming home to roost

A second Mike Parker, I fear! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carpman said:

I am surprised by the official statement from Chris Harris  not the level of anger I was expecting from him. Sort of males you wonder what he knew in advance of yesterday's announcement 

Spot on. I believe this move has been arranged for a while. Tungate mentioned in the Speedway Star last week that something may have come up in Britain. Everyone thought that meant Ipswich but I suspect that Harris had been told what was happening at this point and Peterborough were awaiting confirmation from Tungate that he would sign. The reaction from Harris certainly suggests that another move is arranged in my eyes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy