British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sidney the robin

27/06/19 Swindon v King's Lynn. Premiership supporters cup tie.

That was a total rout, apart from a brilliant Cookie move from third to first in one heat, Lynn were blown away. Immaculate Doyley max, and very good from the reserves. Jensen is the signing of the season. One of the lowest crowds I've seen at The Abbey. Belle Vue in the final!

54 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Was it 3 heat wins.. Good job we got Cookie. Lewis, Ty, and TJ have been very poor.And Lambos ave is way down on last season.Maybe he has to much on.

Well who will it be going out the door with Lambert,could be Ty,TJ or Kerr art this rate.If it is indeed Nicol coming in with Riss any combination with those 3 alongside Lambert will fit.Still think they should get Douglas in with Riss in place of Proctor and Lambert.Have i said that before:rolleyes:

Edited by tellboy

17 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Take the point but to be fair they’ve been riding at reserve in a successful team. 

Yeah I fully get that. Just used those 2 as an example.  I could have used Wright or Musielak to name 2 others 

15 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Well who will it be going out the door with Lambert,could be Ty,TJ or Kerr art this rate.If it is indeed Nicol coming in with Riss any combination with those 3 alongside Lambert will fit.Still think they should get Douglas in with Riss in place of Proctor and Lambert.Have i said that before:rolleyes:

Douglas off to Wolves apparently. 

1 minute ago, Bagpuss said:

Douglas off to Wolves apparently. 

Shame really,heat leader capability in the Championship this season and would have been our no7.

Good meeting with a win that was larger than expected, Stefan was an improvement over previous reserves and should be given another opportunity. 

31 minutes ago, A ORLOV said:

Good meeting with a win that was larger than expected, Stefan was an improvement over previous reserves and should be given another opportunity. 

Good meeting? Stars weren't as poor as the score suggests?

11 minutes ago, Trees said:

Yes a good meeting with a decent number of passes and action, not all from the gate.  It was not Swindons fault that only two KL riders put in a decent performance. 

6 hours ago, Trees said:

Not the best entertainment wise but certainly not the worst either. Thought R Lambert was better than his points total. Couple of races where he was right up the exhaust pipe of Doyley and Rasser. The best thing about the new track is that riders are rarely spaced out so even if a race has no passing then they are still close together for 4 laps. They were always too spaced out on the old one.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Not the best entertainment wise but certainly not the worst either. Thought R Lambert was better than his points total. Couple of races where he was right up the exhaust pipe of Doyley and Rasser. The best thing about the new track is that riders are rarely spaced out so even if a race has no passing then they are still close together for 4 laps. They were always too spaced out on the old one.

That’s often the issue at Lynn, especially with the grippy nature of the shale. Would be nice to think that one day Buster might make our track shorter and wider like you guys have but if it doesn’t suit the stock cars it won’t happen unfortunately. 

Edited by Bagpuss

8 hours ago, tellboy said:

Well what I have seen so far this year proctor, Jorgensen and kerr need to go as well as S lambert. Team needs a major overhaul Riss, Iversen and 2 others needed ASAP 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, A ORLOV said:

Go to Specsavers 

• Confused 2

59 minutes ago, lynnboy said:

Well what I have seen so far this year proctor, Jorgensen and kerr need to go as well as S lambert. Team needs a major overhaul Riss, Iversen and 2 others needed ASAP 

Can't disagree with that, although can't see it happening neither. Thought Kerr was getting back to somewhere near his best in the last few matches but was a big let down again yesterday.

Oh well onwards and upwards :)

17 minutes ago, tellboy said:

Can't disagree with that, although can't see it happening neither. Thought Kerr was getting back to somewhere near his best in the last few matches but was a big let down again yesterday.

Oh well onwards and upwards :)

Kerr never goes well at Swindon so I wouldn't judge him on last night.

10 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

I think that’s the bottom line. Made a slow start and I think it’s been magnified by his schedule. Not getting out of the start like he was last year which will always have a big impact on a speedway rider’s scoring. 

And to think you last week you accused me of ridiculing Robert   You know what say about stones and green houses..     

I think it's good that you are agreeing with me    :t: