British Speedway Forum
TigerAl

Sheffield Vs Somerset 30th June Championship

22 minutes ago, Tigerblade said:

Garry May certainly won't be reprimanding him by the looks of it.....

https://www.burnhamandhighbridgeweeklynews.co.uk/sport/17740384.somerset-rebels-boss-garry-may-calls-sheffield-tigers-speedway-track-terrible/

I do remember them playing "It's A Man's World" but didn't twig that Rory was out at the time, although I do remember Talking Heads "Road To Nowhere" which isn't usually an Owlerton staple! 

Taken from the article.

After some remedial work the racing resumed but Rory Schlein got no further than the tapes as he touched them and earned a disqualification. But conditions actually had improved somewhat as Todd Kurtz showed by blasting round in 50.38 seconds to win heat five although again there was little to excite the true racing enthusiast. Chris Harris couldn't get anywhere close to Danny King in heat six, although Anders Rowe did try and put pressure on Drew Kemp in a forlorn bid to try and prevent another Sheffield heat advantage.

What machine was Todd Kurtz on, because that is over 9 seconds quicker than the track record.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just like to put it on record that Schlime Ball is not so popular at the Oaktree. Last week against Redcar , he came out with the others on the victory parade and then verbaly abused the Start Marshal within earshot of the paying punters about the handling of the start of Ht 15, apparently Palm Toft's handlebars were encroaching on Schlime Ball's box and he claimed it impeded on his start. He has also taken to retiring if he misses out on the start  as well ! Self opinionated in my book !

• Like 1

So the message is to all track curators up and down the Championship is when Somerset turn up make sure there`s plenty dirt down.

Doesn't seem they like very much.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

rory. moans at nowt. 

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2019 at 10:03 PM, jenga said:

was kyle there or was he in bed sleeping it off ?

I've said it before and I'll say it again, you inexplicably have a 'downer' on Kyle. I made the point last week on another thread and you denied it. But here you go again having a dig at the lad for no reason. What's your beef?

6 hours ago, JCookie said:

Who would've guessed Schlein is a moaning pr1ck?

Aussies... they call us the whinging poms but when things don't go their way (e.g. like certain well-known cricketers who got caught cheating), they cry like babies.

7 hours ago, JCookie said:

Who would've guessed Schlein is a moaning pr1ck?

Tone out of order. Rory Schlein travelled up to Edinburgh for photographer Ron’s funeral today. Says a lot about the guy.

On 7/2/2019 at 7:30 PM, Endeavour said:

Tone out of order. Rory Schlein travelled up to Edinburgh for photographer Ron’s funeral today. Says a lot about the guy.

OK? Nice gesture. Still plenty of evidence to show he's the first to whinge when the opportunity arises.

• Like 1

On 7/2/2019 at 7:30 PM, Endeavour said:

Great gesture. Did he comment on what good condition the motorway was in?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Najjer said:

Great gesture. Did he comment on what good condition the motorway was in?

He likes riding on motorways no dirt!

53 minutes ago, geoff100 said:

He likes riding on motorways no dirt!

never ventures into the third lane , the overtaking one

• Haha 1