Jump to content
British Speedway Forum

Recommended Posts

When is this carnage and waste of time going to stop ? We have riders moving an inch and red lights. Riders making perfect starts and red lights. Isnt it time to stop this rubbish , and go back to red light for tape touching only (apart from 1st bend incidents). If some want to jump let them , the exclusion for touching is on them. Its really grinding my arse now to the point its hardly worth watching. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Phlipphlopp said:

When is this carnage and waste of time going to stop ? We have riders moving an inch and red lights. Riders making perfect starts and red lights. Isnt it time to stop this rubbish , and go back to red light for tape touching only (apart from 1st bend incidents). If some want to jump let them , the exclusion for touching is on them. Its really grinding my arse now to the point its hardly worth watching. 

Yes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I dont mind the reruns its the 4 pit helpers  who come running on the track that kills it .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, geoff100 said:

I dont mind the reruns its the 4 pit helpers  who come running on the track that kills it .

Agreed. They should not allow mechanics onto the track. If riders want to make adjustments they should return to the pits under a 60-seconds time allowance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Leicester Lion said:

Agreed. They should not allow mechanics onto the track. If riders want to make adjustments they should return to the pits under a 60-seconds time allowance.

No adjustments at all..

The bike you started on is the bike that you restart on...

All round in one go, back to the start, no pit gates open..

No need for more fuel as hardly used any..

And to stop moving at the start?

Hide the magnets on the tapes so all riders need to look at the tapes only, meaning no distractions by riders moving either side..

And if you move you are out, no warning, just like in Athletics,  out...

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Phlipphlopp said:

When is this carnage and waste of time going to stop ? We have riders moving an inch and red lights. Riders making perfect starts and red lights. Isnt it time to stop this rubbish , and go back to red light for tape touching only (apart from 1st bend incidents). If some want to jump let them , the exclusion for touching is on them. Its really grinding my arse now to the point its hardly worth watching. 

Totally agree..........

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, mikebv said:

No adjustments at all..

The bike you started on is the bike that you restart on...

All round in one go, back to the start, no pit gates open..

No need for more fuel as hardly used any..

And to stop moving at the start?

Hide the magnets on the tapes so all riders need to look at the tapes only, meaning no distractions by riders moving either side..

And if you move you are out, no warning, just like in Athletics,  out...

Totally agree with hiding the magnets . In my opinion this causes a lot of the restarts as soon as the riders see the magnet release the clutch goes making it look a lot of the time like they ve moved  early. I ve got nothing against this as the magnet s are connected to the tapes but if it's going to cut down on the amount of false starts let's hide them 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Leicester Lion said:

Agreed. They should not allow mechanics onto the track. If riders want to make adjustments they should return to the pits under a 60-seconds time allowance.

The bikes should be under parc ferme conditions as soon as the pit gate goes down  and not allowed to be touched until the chequered flag is waved and the race is over , the referees and clerks' of the course should be a lot stricter they're the ones who've allowed this situation to develop and they're the ones who can stop it .

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Phlipphlopp said:

When is this carnage and waste of time going to stop ? We have riders moving an inch and red lights. Riders making perfect starts and red lights. Isnt it time to stop this rubbish , and go back to red light for tape touching only (apart from 1st bend incidents). If some want to jump let them , the exclusion for touching is on them. Its really grinding my arse now to the point its hardly worth watching. 

Totally agree and been saying this for ages.  Was on twitter and I know Chris Louis and Todd Wiltshire agree.  It needs to be brought up in some High End meeting and discussed between FIM and riders to sort it out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seemed as if there was an unusual amount of false starts at Togliatti.  Probably reflects how rubbish the track was - gating was all important as we saw.  Even Zmarzlick, who was the best rider over the 2 nights, "missed" the gate when needed and could do nothing about it, Emil and Laguta were away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy