British Speedway Forum

2 hours ago, Gavan said:

You're good at pretending......many aliases for a little boy

Little boy,  that's funny as its always you that keeps getting banned for having tantrums, always throwing your sweets out your pram.  

Mind you don't spit your dummy out. 

6 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Surely you're  not saying that you are unhappy with Doyley's contribution are you.?? Comparing era's is difficult and yes Leigh was a legend a great rider we have been blessed with Legends over the years.Swindon's top ever  7 must read ( no order) Briggs, Crump, Ashby, Adams Kilb, Broady, Doyley.

Exactly my choice.As good as Adams was, he never lead Swindon to a title or was world champ like Doyley. Adams had more class..Doyle ard as nails.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Grachan said:

Ever since his 13 point average, I get a sense of Doyle managing his average to a certain degree - just dropping a point or two here and there but always doing the business when it's required.

Not last night, was trying hard to pass. 

33 minutes ago, auntie doris said:

Exactly my choice.As good as Adams was, he never lead Swindon to a title or was world champ like Doyley. Adams had more class..Doyle ard as nails.

Adams was a real class act awesome style we see him everyweek but i knew Jason Crump was better.Weird really Crump had the whole package and he won three titles in a era where Ricko ( not a fan nothing personal) was awesome.Adams was class and to watch him everyweek was a treat myself my top three Budgies as it stands are Briggs, Crump,(snr) Doyle.

5 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

.... my top three Budgies as it stands are Briggs, Crump,(snr) Doyle.

Crump before Ashby and Doyle before Adams? Just, no.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, DC2 said:

Crump before Ashby and Doyle before Adams? Just, no.

It is great that people have different opinions and like yourself i was fortunate anough to see all those riders on a regular basis.Admittedly i only saw Briggs from the end of his career 68/69 as his time was the late 50s up until 1969.Ashby was one of my heroes he was a class act and if anything he underachieved but hand on heart i have to put Phil Crump in front of him just.Doyle is from the modern era and usually i don't always look favourable on that time but he has achieved the pinnacle of being crowned world champion therefore that puts him in front of Adams.

Heeps makes a huge difference to this Ipswich team, particularly at Foxhall. 

Made a huge effort last winter to get himself in much better shape and it’s paid dividends as he’s had a very good season. 

Should walk the ROTY award regardless of what happens in the play off meetings. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

It is great that people have different opinions and like yourself i was fortunate anough to see all those riders on a regular basis.Admittedly i only saw Briggs from the end of his career 68/69 as his time was the late 50s up until 1969.Ashby was one of my heroes he was a class act and if anything he underachieved but hand on heart i have to put Phil Crump in front of him just.Doyle is from the modern era and usually i don't always look favourable on that time but he has achieved the pinnacle of being crowned world champion therefore that puts him in front of Adams.

Adams and Ashby should have been world champs, perhaps not ruthless enough like Briggo and Doyley. Only Fundin for me was better than Barry. Ward only rode briefly for Swindon before his terrible injury. Would have been World Champ.

59 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Heeps makes a huge difference to this Ipswich team, particularly at Foxhall. 

Made a huge effort last winter to get himself in much better shape and it’s paid dividends as he’s had a very good season. 

Should walk the ROTY award regardless of what happens in the play off meetings. 

And not Harris? :wink:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sidney the robin said:

Ashby and Adams are out and out club legends for Swindon.

Crump and Doyle are journeymen in comparison, without the same timeless commitment to the club.

26 minutes ago, Steve0 said:

And not Harris? :wink:

In his last 3 home meetings Harris has scored 8,8,7 and thats about the level he is and what we should expect.....trouble was he was scoring 4 or 5 most weeks.

With Niels good for 11, Harris 7, King 8, Heeps 8, Lawson 7, Sarjeant 3 and Allen 6 thats 50 pointa and all those riders are capable of getting that at home

We have Lawson struggling now, when at the start of the season he was one of the riders along with the reserves who was winning us matches

Would love to hope we get Poole in the semis and then that could be interesting 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gavan said:

In his last 3 home meetings Harris has scored 8,8,7 and thats about the level he is and what we should expect.....trouble was he was scoring 4 or 5 most weeks.

With Niels good for 11, Harris 7, King 8, Heeps 8, Lawson 7, Sarjeant 3 and Allen 6 thats 50 pointa and all those riders are capable of getting that at home

We have Lawson struggling now, when at the start of the season he was one of the riders along with the reserves who was winning us matches

Would love to hope we get Poole in the semis and then that could be interesting 

Wait until after Monday week gavan before getting too excited :wink::lol:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Badge said:

Wait until after Monday week gavan before getting too excited :wink::lol:

We was tipped to be cannon fodder in this league , and although we had ups and downs, we have finished higher then anyone predicted

Im allowed to look forward and if we get beat by whoever its been a great season and we can look forward to next year.....hopefully with a decent number one

1 hour ago, Gavan said:

We was tipped to be cannon fodder in this league , and although we had ups and downs, we have finished higher then anyone predicted

Im allowed to look forward and if we get beat by whoever its been a great season and we can look forward to next year.....hopefully with a decent number one

I agree we've achieved great things this season against all the odds, Thursday was the icing on the cake, regarding will we won't we make play offs, but we still have 1 more league meeting, try and stay focused and not get too carried away :P

2 minutes ago, Badge said:

I agree we've achieved great things this season against all the odds, Thursday was the icing on the cake, regarding will we won't we make play offs, but we still have 1 more league meeting, try and stay focused and not get too carried away :P

Ipswich already confirmed in the play offs, along with Swindon, Poole and Wolves.

Other league results only go towards where in top 4 they all finish.