British Speedway Forum
Steve Shovlar

Playoff Semi Final 2nd Leg. Ipswich v Poole 28/9/19

1 minute ago, Rico said:

There didn't seem to be any noise coming from the crowd through the television coverage on Saturday, which I'm sure wasn't the case. I thought the sound overall was odd on Saturday night - might have been the wine at my end I guess :drink:  

expect they dumbed it down so you could hear Nige and Kelv because believe you me, even without airhorns, it was noisy.

For once when Natalie said a big crowd here tonight, she was actually telling the truth.

• Like 3

You could faintly hear the war-cry in the TV coverage - that video is much better :t:

39 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I would see how it goes with Wolves first before you gloat too much!

Just replying to the "ever gloating no-one is better than Poole Lisa-Colette" retorts.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Gavan said:

I would say thats the same for most clubs over the course of the season................Poole usually get it right

This season though the finger needs to be pointed at those who made the decisions this season.

Worrall gets injured........Poole should have found someone to come in and then keep Covatti at reserve

Poole after winning matches and topping the league then decide to bring an over rated past his best rider in THJ ............who apart from the odd good ride was pretty useless...and forced Covatti in the 1-5 thus depriving Poole of a decent reserve who could step up if any of the top 5 were not performing.

Poole started the season with potential for 2 big scoring reserves.......and ended it with THJ and Wells who has been poor all season.................those decisions stop solely with the management...........

Its alright Poole fans blaming Kurtz and Holder but this season the loss of Worrall was not dealt with an ultimately left Poole ending up with the worst reserve pair in the league almost

I can excuse Kurtz a little but Holder has not been consistent at all, more often than not coming last in his first heat. Mistakes were made that is clear, I said at the time, they should have got Wells as a temporary replacement for Worrall to see how it went before dumping NBJ who had done little wrong, then we would have had more options, once that error was made as you say we should have got any rider of similar average to Worrall just to ensure Covatti stayed at reserve, I suggested Josh Auty  as his average fitted but as long as the rider coming in was higher than Covatti we would have been able to cover an off night for another rider.

Anyway all water under the bridge now but we need to learn from our mistakes.

33 minutes ago, Gavan said:

I would say thats the same for most clubs over the course of the season................Poole usually get it right

This season though the finger needs to be pointed at those who made the decisions this season.

Worrall gets injured........Poole should have found someone to come in and then keep Covatti at reserve

Poole after winning matches and topping the league then decide to bring an over rated past his best rider in THJ ............who apart from the odd good ride was pretty useless...and forced Covatti in the 1-5 thus depriving Poole of a decent reserve who could step up if any of the top 5 were not performing.

Poole started the season with potential for 2 big scoring reserves.......and ended it with THJ and Wells who has been poor all season.................those decisions stop solely with the management...........

Its alright Poole fans blaming Kurtz and Holder but this season the loss of Worrall was not dealt with an ultimately left Poole ending up with the worst reserve pair in the league almost

Completely agree with this statement. reserves win the league and we did not good ones. But ipswitch also were just better. 

Not quite sure what we are moaning about we lost to  better team. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TheReturn said:

I have to say I was gutted for Poole....

Wait... No I wasn't :D

I opened another bottle of red to celebrate !!!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Rico said:

There didn't seem to be any noise coming from the crowd through the television coverage on Saturday, which I'm sure wasn't the case. I thought the sound overall was odd on Saturday night - might have been the wine at my end I guess :drink:  

We are very widely spread in a big capacity stadium, the noisiest bunch are the Massif on the back straight, absolutely no microphones anywhere near us though, in the video you can only hear the home straight people. 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Rico said:

The crowd was very quiet, even at the end it was no more than a few cheers and ripples of applause. I stood there on the first bend and witnessed it live. I said earlier how different clubs fans react. At Poole the roof would have come off the stadium. At Foxhall, just above polite clapping and gentle cheering.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

13 minutes ago, Super Blue said:

We are very widely spread in a big capacity stadium, the noisiest bunch are the Massif on the back straight, absolutely no microphones anywhere near us though, in the video you can only hear the home straight people. 

we could hear you in the pits all night, expect SS had his ear plugs in, and was sobbing so loudly he couldn't hear anything :rofl:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The crowd was very quiet, even at the end it was no more than a few cheers and ripples of applause. I stood there on the first bend and witnessed it live. I said earlier how different clubs fans react. At Poole the roof would have come off the stadium. At Foxhall, just above polite clapping and gentle cheering.

Funny - I stood on the first bend and would describe the crowd as energetically and enthusiastically loud. (as they were ag Poole in the latter part of  the first leg clash.)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Can anyone answer the question as to whether there is a dedicated speedway stadium in the country that has a larger capacity than Foxhall ? 

As far as I know it holds more than Belle Vue although I do stand to be corrected. 

I think if you concentrate the majority of a crowd in a stand with a low roof, particularly on the home straight you will naturally get a louder noise. 

1 hour ago, Super Blue said:

Can anyone answer the question as to whether there is a dedicated speedway stadium in the country that has a larger capacity than Foxhall ? 

As far as I know it holds more than Belle Vue although I do stand to be corrected. 

Belle Vue capacity,, 6024,

Foxhall I've found 2, one says 13,000 and one of around 10,000, so I would guess its easily has the biggest capacity of the current stadiums used.