British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2020

10 minutes ago, Trees said:

You're talking about an actual person here .......

No they're not. Proctor the person is a good lad & everyone would wish him well. 

Proctor the rider is absolutely abysmal & needs to be gone. 

Absolutely nobody is attacking the person, in sport you need to understand the difference 

A tidy 10 from 5 for Connor in the same meeting. Riding at No.3  :t:

Plus 13 from 6 for TJ, and 7 from 5 for Wells at Scunny.

Edited by Bald Bloke

1 hour ago, Trees said:

For gods sake Trees. Anyone knows I am not attacking Proctor as a person , but as a team member of the Stars team he is poor and needs to be replaced as soon as possible. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, mrss said:

For gods sake Trees. Anyone knows I am not attacking Proctor as a person , but as a team member of the Stars team he is poor and needs to be replaced as soon as possible. 

The question I keep asking  is who is the person who put the original team together ? Whoever he is should be sacked for getting things so very wrong in a short season the team needed to be spot on from the start if Allit put this team together he should be gone ASAP  it’s not the riders fault things hasn’t worked out in any other sport the manager or in speedway the person who got things so wrong should do the honourable thing and quit . 

Edited by Haza

1 hour ago, mrss said:

For god's sake mrss, whatabout if you read that about yourself ....... as you should know being a speedway rider is no ordinary job .....

8 hours ago, Trees said:

For god's sake mrss, whatabout if you read that about yourself ....... as you should know being a speedway rider is no ordinary job .....

In sport you are there to be shot down if people feel you aren't doing what is expected of you.He gets paid,we as fans pay to watch the team do what is expected.At the moment you would think he is living on borrowed time for Leicester let alone K.Lynn.In sport the aim is to win things not be the ones to say well at least you took part.He should be able to take criticism like anyone else who gets paid to do ordinary jobs like ourselves.I know you don't like football Trees but many of them get abuse 100 times worse than what Proctor is getting.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Trees said:

I know speedway is no ordinary job, but teams and riders are judged on performances and results. Sadly Proctors hasn’t been scoring many points lately so in my opinion it’s time he was replaced in the Stars team. 

Maybe releasing Procter would be doing the lad a favour.  He can’t enjoy being stuffed by development riders at Championship level let alone going up against No1’s at Premiership level.

I know it’s been his career but he can’t even be earning a living with the points he’s scoring.   Sometimes better for all to look at the bigger picture.

• Like 1

It’s not a personal thing against Ty but it’s clear he is struggling at the moment. When he’s in a strong team, that can be covered a bit by others. However when the team is weak, there really is no hiding place because there is no else to cover him.

He started the season on 4.43, his true average for the season is 3.40 (16+1 from 20 rides) and 2+1 were gifts at Peterborough when Harris fell and Wells retired. If you took those points off, he’d be averaging 2.80.

In 13 of his 20 rides he has failed to be an opponent. Whatever way you dress it up, it’s not working and the team can’t afford to carry him.

Edited by Speedball
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Trees said:

Put another way, if a checkout operator, tore all the packaging whilst scanning it,  double scanned goods, dropped change on the floor leaving the customer to pick it up etc,  would the customer not be within his rights to complain?

I feel sorry for Ty .No way is he enjoying it right now. No points , no pay. Myself i think it started in 2019.You could see him backing off a little down the back straight at times.

He's seems like a nice bloke. Even when he is having problems himself, he was still trying to help Bridger in the Wolves meeting, by giving him advice about riding the track.

But whoever put the Stars to together clearly didn't assemble the Panthers team....Or did they.... Incompedence springs to mind...Ty is at 4.20 at the moment on the latest GSA's from 18th-6, and it's dropping. As it stands we have 6.82 to replace Ty with. That was over 7 points 10 days ago. I know riders are not easy to come by. But imho something needs to change to save our season.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Ty proctor has quit so I’m told 

I heard there maybe be a team change soon,maybe now is the time.

Can see Simon lambert or josh auty coming in. To be fair lambert is going well this season 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1