British Speedway Forum

8 hours ago, Sidney the robin said:

Exactly my point he gets a second season and for me that should be in a top five.In the last couple of seasons we have seen Bowtell,Wood,Rowe,Kemp all forced into a top five  no protection where the foreigner gets more of the crack of the whip.

It’s down to averages, not because he’s foreign.

If foreigner’s had a minimum 5 average (both when they come in and throughout the season), it would help our riders no end.

4 is clearly too low.

39 minutes ago, DC2 said:

It’s down to averages, not because he’s foreign.

If foreigner’s had a minimum 5 average (both when they come in and throughout the season), it would help our riders no end.

4 is clearly too low.

I think it should go back to what it once was a 6.00 point average then you would not be getting average imports taking places off of our lads.Will Macdonald,Zeleher,( if he gets a place) Cook,Thompson ( etc) be averaging six this year.Do you not agree that lads like Palin should have a two year cushion at reserve help them to develope and progress at there own pace.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I think it should go back to what it once was a 6.00 point average then you would not be getting average imports taking places off of our lads.Will Macdonald,Zeleher,( if he gets a place) Cook,Thompson ( etc) be averaging six this year.Do you not agree that lads like Palin should have a two year cushion at reserve help them to develope and progress at there own pace.

No, I don’t agree that youngsters should have a two year cushion at reserve, because it gives a big advantage to those teams lucky enough to have the best youngsters.

I would though be happy for new averages for youngsters (new 2 pointers under 23) not to take effect until half way through the season.

And no foreigner should be allowed an average below 5. If that were the case both Nathan Greaves and Danyon Hume would have CL jobs.

• Like 2

You two should get a room or at least a different thread!!!! 

Meanwhile the Aussie u21 takes place today. Could be relevant to Poole's final 2 riders?!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Skidder1 said:

Meanwhile the Aussie u21 takes place today. Could be relevant to Poole's final 2 riders?!

Not really, it’s a good discussion and this time of year they develop on various dormant threads. 

1 minute ago, Skidder1 said:

That’s exactly why we’re talking about young riders and averages.

For you, it doesn’t seem to matter where Poole get their riders from!

6 minutes ago, DC2 said:

That’s exactly why we’re talking about young riders and averages.

For you, it doesn’t seem to matter where Poole get their riders from!

I for one am disappointed that we haven't brought in a young brit over the closed season there were lots out there 

• Like 1

think the best ones were all sorted ray, probably before the end of last season,existing championship teams would be more up to speed with young british talent than poole are at the moment.

• Sad 1

14 minutes ago, poole keith said:

think the best ones were all sorted ray, probably before the end of last season ,existing championship teams would be more up to speed with young British talent than Poole are at the moment.

That's not a comment you could have made a couple of years ago when Matt Ford was firmly in control.
And that's an observation from a died in the wool Bees fans who has viewed all things Poole from the point of view of bitter rivalry. 

• Like 1

Its Matt Ford thats putting the team together!!  Spoke to him yesterday from France during a break in filming the TV series.

Yet another change of plan for the final 2 it seems!!  Not long to wait now though..........

3 hours ago, ray c said:

I for one am disappointed that we haven't brought in a young brit over the closed season there were lots out there 

Hume would of been great Ray.

4 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

Hume would of been great Ray.

Why "would have been"? Surely, still could be?

3 hours ago, DC2 said:

No, I don’t agree that youngsters should have a two year cushion at reserve, because it gives a big advantage to those teams lucky enough to have the best youngsters.

I would though be happy for new averages for youngsters (new 2 pointers under 23) not to take effect until half way through the season.

And no foreigner should be allowed an average below 5. If that were the case both Nathan Greaves and Danyon Hume would have CL jobs.

I am not worried about the team side of it but bringing that rule in  would help us produce riders for our national team.It seems to work for Poland they put there riders first and they see the bigger picture.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sidney the robin said:

I hope so False dawn.

Neither of those should be without a team place because of foreign riders in the first place 

• Like 2