British Speedway Forum

58 minutes ago, Jason.C said:

Well I was way out on that one with my Kennedy prediction.

Been looking up his results on Speedway News.PL and he seems to have been doing ok to start with in Czech but has picked up well since season start in both Czech & more recently in a 2 meeting weekend in France.

Not as good as Kvech (maybe) but at 25/26 hew is still young and his results are encouraging incl plenty of double figure scores.

Looks like he could do a job in lower part of the team IF he takes to our more technical & smaller UK tracks. As always that's the big question. Has had plenty of meetings since April so hopefully can hit the ground running.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

Been looking up his results on Speedway News.PL and he seems to have been doing ok to start with in Czech but has picked up well since season start in both Czech & more recently in a 2 meeting weekend in France.

Not as good as Kvech (maybe) but at 25/26 hew is still young and his results are encouraging incl plenty of double figure scores.

Looks like he could do a job in lower part of the team IF he takes to our more technical & smaller UK tracks. As always that's the big question. Has had plenty of meetings since April so hopefully can hit the ground running.

Saw him at the GP qualifier at Glasgow in 2019 was impressive ,think he scored 10pts.Looks a decent signing.

1 hour ago, STEVEHOLS54 said:

I also have looked him up and saw that he has beaten the likes of Ellis & Berge over in France. That sounds encouraging, but as you say it is totally different over here. Fingers crossed! 

41 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

My mistake,Thanks.He was decent though.

From memory he was riding Ludvig Lindgren's bikes.  He did OK. Always on the pace.  Could be decent on his own equipment.  Worth a 'gamble' on a 5.00 average, as Newcastle thought when he was originally going to sign for us.

5 hours ago, old bob at herne bay said:

Len too slow - like me :)

Its the advantage of Garry May being in the Poole pits most weeks.;)

A big ask in the notoriously   difficult number two position and he will do well to average five.Maybe the clubs longterm objective is to only sign riders who have a longterm future at the club that seems a wise move.Keleher with his age against him was not in this category it would be interesting to see what Rew and Gilmore do in the future ? .Will the UK be in there plans in the future i felt if anyone would sign them Poole would be the club.

On 7/2/2021 at 7:30 AM, ray c said:

dont think he is really :t::)

In all seriousness Ray the club has been turned around over the last few decades can’t knock it to fair.It always has been a great day out a lovely area and my first visit there was in 1974 v Exeter with the brilliant Ivan there the crowd was huge.Poole then always had just average sides with Eide,Lofqvist , Simmo being the stars my favourites then were Smith, Yeates, Gooddy, C.Sjosten  great names.

Could Stefan move to no2 until he settles in with the track. Did ok for us in that position. Inside gates for heat 1 & favoured for heat 8.

44 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

Could Stefan move to no2 until he settles in with the track. Did ok for us in that position. Inside gates for heat 1 & favoured for heat 8.

I would keep Stefan at no4 personally. Him and Stevie are probably our best pairing atm.

• Like 1

Keeping Stefan at 4 would be my preference as it gives us a bit of strength in heat 14 when a meeting is close - not that that has been the case too often with the exception of Eastie away.

19 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Its the advantage of Garry May being in the Poole pits most weeks.;)

Not been in pits this season. 

Not allowed under current conditions;)

• Haha 1

On what basis does Smetana qualify for a work permit? (He was only 9th in the Czech Championship last year)

26 minutes ago, arnieg said:

On what basis does Smetana qualify for a work permit? (He was only 9th in the Czech Championship last year)

In the best interests of the sport no doubt.