British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2023

6 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

As was the case last year, when Leon Flint was required to immediately leave Berwick Bullets when announced by Wolves.

Hard luck on Fen Tigers, who had a good weekend to lift five league points, but now must seek to replace Jason -- but isn't this what the NDL's all about it?

That`s not what their press release says, interesting you quote the situation that Berwick found themselves in last year regarding Leon Flint as that was the case I was thinking about, this isn't an anti Edwards and/or Mildenhall rant, best of luck to them and for what its worth I see no issue with a rider racing in all three leagues be it Jason Edwards, Leon Flint or anyone else. Here`s the press release via Facebook

JASON EDWARDS
Many of you will have seen that Jason has been given the opportunity as a Rising Star with King's Lynn in the Premier League.
We are sure you will want to join us in congratulating Jason on this most deserved chance to ride in the top league of British Speedway. Not only is Jason one of the most improved riders in the sport this season he is a fine and professional young man.
We can confirm to supporters that this has no effect on Jason continuing to ride for the Fen Tigers and he will lead us into action this Sunday when the visitors are the Leceister Lions Cubs

1 hour ago, screm said:

That`s not what their press release says, interesting you quote the situation that Berwick found themselves in last year regarding Leon Flint as that was the case I was thinking about, this isn't an anti Edwards and/or Mildenhall rant, best of luck to them and for what its worth I see no issue with a rider racing in all three leagues be it Jason Edwards, Leon Flint or anyone else. Here`s the press release via Facebook

JASON EDWARDS
Many of you will have seen that Jason has been given the opportunity as a Rising Star with King's Lynn in the Premier League.
We are sure you will want to join us in congratulating Jason on this most deserved chance to ride in the top league of British Speedway. Not only is Jason one of the most improved riders in the sport this season he is a fine and professional young man.
We can confirm to supporters that this has no effect on Jason continuing to ride for the Fen Tigers and he will lead us into action this Sunday when the visitors are the Leceister Lions Cubs

There should be a cut off point of let's say 4 matches.

There is Jenkins and the Thomson twins as well.

As you say the rules should be applied the same to every team (no problem with them riding if Leon was allowed to race for the Bullets last year). Palin couldn't race last year also.

1 hour ago, crescent girl said:

As was the case last year, when Leon Flint was required to immediately leave Berwick Bullets when announced by Wolves.

Hard luck on Fen Tigers, who had a good weekend to lift five league points, but now must seek to replace Jason -- but isn't this what the NDL's all about it?

Sure u can do all 3 leagues againĀ 

I didn't read the post above before posting myself lolĀ 

Edited by mc131

The rule (013.3 for pedants) has been quietly amended.....

The previous book had 013.3 including the words "riders in a Premier 1-7 are ineligible to compete in the NDL"

This season's rule-book has had these words removed.

How convenient.

58 minutes ago, crescent girl said:

The previous book had 013.3 including the words "riders in a Premier 1-7 are ineligible to compete in the NDL"

How convenient.

Convenient and at the same time sensible. Learning from previous errorsĀ 

16 hours ago, crescent girl said:

How convenient.

Told you.!

You donā€™t have Ā to haveĀ a Rising Star in Championship this season.In the best interest of the Sport.

Edited by Fromafar

On 6/20/2022 at 7:39 PM, crescent girl said:

How convenient.

Ā 

On 6/20/2022 at 8:39 PM, FromBendThree said:

Convenient and at the same time sensible. Learning from previous errorsĀ 

I'm not sure that removing the rule is learning from previous errors. Last year Flint was going so well in Champ & NL he deserved a call up, so no longer needed the NL to improve as a rider.

I'd say it's a similar situation for Edwards, if he's good enough for the Prem, shouldn't be in the NL in my view.

On 6/20/2022 at 7:39 PM, crescent girl said:

How convenient.

It makes sense for number 8s to be allowed to race in the Champ, otherwise riders like Dan & Joe Thompson would be giving up a full season of NL racing for potentially a couple of Prem fixtures.

If a rising star is riding every week in the Prem & Champ do they still need to be racing in the NL though?

However if only number 8s were allowed to "treble-up", King's Lynn could have listed Mulford as their RS & Edwards as their number 8 to allow Edwards to continue at NL. Could still pick Edwards every week ahead of Mulford - so if the rule is easily avoided - no point in having it!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

Ā 

I'm not sure that removing the rule is learning from previous errors. Last year Flint was going so well in Champ & NL he deserved a call up, so no longer needed the NL to improve as a rider.

I'd say it's a similar situation for Edwards, if he's good enough for the Prem, shouldn't be in the NL in my view.

Be awful for Mildenhall To be without Jason. All they would do is run a guest. Jason needs to be riding as much as possible at this stage of his career

FEN TIGERS ANNOUNCE NEW SIGNING

Mildenhall Speedway Press Release 55/22 Ā dated 11/7/22 Trophy-laden Aussie Marson returns for Fen Tigers

Ā 

Mildenhall Fen Tigers ā€“ proudly sponsored by Manchetts Rescue and Recovery ā€“ have moved quickly to respond to the continuing absence of dislocated shoulder victim Alex Spooner by bringing in (subject to BSPL approval) Matt Marson. Ā The 22-year-old from Perth is of course very well known to Mildenhall fans, having ridden over 60 times for the Fen Tigers in a couple of previous spells with the club, winning the National Trophy in his early days riding over in the UK and back in with the Fen Tigers after Sam Bebee was injured in 2019.

Matt returned to Australia during the close season here in 2019, intending to be back at West Row for the 2020 season but then fate took an unwanted hand.
ā€œObviously the global pandemic changed everything and it was frustrating that I couldnā€™t come back over especially after having a great season back home ā€“ including scoring a maximum to win the King of Pinjar at the turn of the year ā€“ that was a big one for me.ā€

And as 2020 was eventually written off entirely , Matt found even further success back in his native Western Australia,
ā€œIn 2021 I won the State Championships at Speedway and also Flat Track and backed that up with the Rob Woffinden Classic. Ā I made Ā the rostrum again at the beginning of this year in the Western Australian Championships ā€“ so all in all itā€™s been a successful spell back Down Under ā€“ and itā€™s great now that travelling restrictions have been relaxed and Iā€™m back here in the UKā€.

Actually the main reason that brings Marson back to the ā€˜old countryā€™ has been the wedding last weekend of his very good friend and also former Mildenhall rider Cam Heeps but itā€™s come at an opportune time for sure for both rider and club.
ā€œIā€™m staying with Shane Henry and his family in West Row and I already had bikes and a van at Josh Baileyā€™s, so Iā€™m fully set up to ride during my spell back here in the UK ā€“ and with Mildenhall facing an injury crisis, Iā€™m very happy to respond to the club managementā€™s request for help and Iā€™m ready to go.ā€

Ā 

Providing the final approval come through Marson is poised to jump straight back in as injury replacement for Alex Spooner (meaning the side will obviously dispense with R/R) at Belle Vue on Friday and Matt will be back at his West Row ā€˜home from homeā€™ at what promises to be a truly sizzling Sunday against Armadale,. Ā And in case people think the weather will also be like home for the returnee, Matt puts them straight,

ā€œActually when itā€™s hot like this in the UK itā€™s a different sort of heat from the one in Australia. Ā And of course Iā€™ve come here from winter at home ā€“ trust me, the weather in Perth lately has been rainy and gloomy! Ā Cam and Stephanieā€™s wedding was perfect weather here though which was great and Iā€™m looking forward to getting back onto a bike at Belle Vue on Friday and of course my return to Mildenhall (vs. Armadale) on Sundayā€

In traditional Aussie style, Matt sums up how heā€™s looking forward to his Fen Tigersā€™ return,
ā€œItā€™s going to be fun!ā€

Question: with the regular crashes @ Mldenhall there seems to be a fundamental problem sharing the track with the stockcars. How about building a new speedway track along the existing & share the carpark & other existing facilities. Anybody got other ideas.Ā 

On 7/17/2022 at 7:06 PM, Ghosty said:

Question: with the regular crashes @ Mldenhall there seems to be a fundamental problem sharing the track with the stockcars. How about building a new speedway track along the existing & share the carpark & other existing facilities. Anybody got other ideas.Ā 

Another bad track at MIldenhall today.Ā  Ā Another crashfest.Ā  Another 2 riders withdrawing from the meeting injured.

Don't the SCB employ track inspectors?Ā  Why haven't they been to Mildenhall?Ā  They certainly need help.Ā  It's a great stadium and potentially a great track, but how can the SCB stand by and see all these crashes and several riders injured every meeting, without doing something about it?

• Like 4

Taken from the Mildenhall Facebook page ahead of todays meeting with Kent

Good morning
We have some rain in the area at the moment and are monitoring the situation. We want to run if possible as the track was prepared ahead of Ride and Slide yesterday and with no stocks is in super condition.
However, we are very concious of not making supporters travel and make a potentially wasted journey in these difficult times so will make a decision later this morning.
Please bear with us and further updates will be posted on this page in the next hour or so

1 hour ago, screm said:

Taken from the Mildenhall Facebook page ahead of todays meeting with Kent

Good morning
We have some rain in the area at the moment and are monitoring the situation. We want to run if possible as the track was prepared ahead of Ride and Slide yesterday and with no stocks is in super condition.
However, we are very concious of not making supporters travel and make a potentially wasted journey in these difficult times so will make a decision later this morning.
Please bear with us and further updates will be posted on this page in the next hour or so
There has been no rain for the last hour plus, the sky has cleared and there is a strong breeze.
MEETING IS ON TODAY
Look forward to seeing you all later

Two more injury withdrawals today.....