British Speedway Forum
adz_mft

Mildenhall 2023

16 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Two more injury withdrawals today.....

Morley getting checked over just now aswel I'm sure the post was put out saying track in superb condition 

Edited by mc131

4 minutes ago, FromBendThree said:

Mildenhall is one of my nearer tracks but these long-running meetings put me off going to West Row.

I’d go again if they could complete 15 heats in 90 mins.  3 hours seems the norm now.  

58 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Two more injury withdrawals today.....

Three withdrawn now...

And at least 9 falls.   (i've lost count)

When are Mr Vatcher and the SCB track inspectors going to stop turning a blind eye to this weekly carnage?

• Like 1

None of the withdrawals today could be blamed on track conditions.

Conner King fell right on front of his team mate who had nowhere to go, Jamie Halder fell off on his own and hurt his hand. Both these I would put down to inexperienced riders.  Ben Morley got hit from behind by Adam Roynon in a first bend.

Only our 2nd visit to West Row this year and unfortunately probably our last due to other commitments but wouldn't be put off.

• Like 1

The West Row track was in great condition today thanks no doubt to no stock cars this weekend and more favourable weather conditions!

Unfortunately nearly all the crashes today and in most meetings were down to inexperience rather than track conditions. With the current sparcity of riders in current times the standard of the National League at the bottom end has dropped especially when a number of riders are out with injuries.

Jason Edwards got an 18 point maximum riding round like he was sitting in an armchair and got one of the fastest times of the season. 

Edited by 25yearfan
  • Like 4

17 minutes ago, 25yearfan said:

The West Row track was in great condition today thanks no doubt to no stock cars this weekend and more favourable weather conditions!

Unfotunately nearly all the crashes today and in most meetings were down to inexperience rather than track conditions. With the current sparcity of riders in current times the standard of the National League at the bottom end has dropped especially when a number of riders are out with injuries.

Jason Edwards got an 18 point maximum riding round like he was sitting in an armchair and got one of the fastest times of the season. 

What inexperienced rider's where there today

33 minutes ago, Binman said:

Chris Watts who fell in near enough every race I'd say would be 1.

25YearFan is bang on the money with his post. There are riders currently in the league who wouldn't have been close to getting a team place a few years ago. The lower limit is killing the league imo. Races are much more stretched out because of the gulf in class of some. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

25YearFan is bang on the money with his post. There are riders currently in the league who wouldn't have been close to getting a team place a few years ago. The lower limit is killing the league imo. Races are much more stretched out because of the gulf in class of some. 

Think of how good it was during Eastbourne's few years at it, proper teams , 3 good heat leaders at nearly every club. There is a fathom between best and worst and the so called league is way worse off for it . Was a really good product 5 yr back

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Binman said:

The exact same riders who appear in plenty of other NDL matches around the country and manage to stay on their bikes at Belle Vue, Oxford, Leicester,  Berwick.... etc etc...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, RoundTheBoards said:

The exact same riders who appear in plenty of other NDL matches around the country and manage to stay on their bikes at Belle Vue, Oxford, Leicester,  Berwick.... etc etc...

So there's been no falls from anyone at any of those tracks?

There were the same amount of exclusions for falls at Oxford in their last meeting and 1 less today than at Plymouths last meeting. 

1 minute ago, adz_mft said:

So there's been no falls from anyone at any of those tracks?

Who said there'd been no falls anywhere?  We're discussing a track which seems dangerous and has far more than its fair share of falls and injures more than its fair share of riders.

Why don't you go through all the NDL matches and count the number of falls and injury withdrawals at each track?

I think we all know which track will top the list.    But we'll be interested if your figures show otherwise.

30 minutes ago, adz_mft said:

The National League often provided the best value for money racing in the country...

Then it got stopped from doing so by lowering its level...

A shame as it was very watchable and provided enough of a test for the better riders to still be a worthwhile benchmark in their progression....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, RoundTheBoards said:

Who said there'd been no falls anywhere?  We're discussing a track which seems dangerous and has far more than its fair share of falls and injures more than its fair share of riders.

Why don't you go through all the NDL matches and count the number of falls and injury withdrawals at each track?

I think we all know which track will top the list.    But we'll be interested if your figures show otherwise.

You literally said "the same riders who appear on other tracks and stay on their bikes" this clearly isn't the case. 

The 3 today had absolutely nothing to do with track conditions.