British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2021

20 hours ago, Tosh1218 said:

Can anyone confirm Nick Morris is out for tomorrow’s clash at Scunthorpe ? If so who will be the guest  ?  Thanks in advance

Summers

9 hours ago, justathought said:

He got 9 points for Berwick on his last visit. So I'm not sure where you get your conclusion from.. including winning heat 15..With Lawson already booked to guest for Edinburgh, the only riders available with a higher GSA than Summers are NBJ and Etheridge. 

I got it from watching him there for Redcar. He scored 1 point. Told me he didn't like the place.

First time visit to Leicester today, where's the best areas to stand? Does it get very crowded and am I gonna get covered in shale?

1 hour ago, Diamonds85 said:

First time visit to Leicester today, where's the best areas to stand? Does it get very crowded and am I gonna get covered in shale?

I go bend one at the front, great for getting covered in sh**..... shale! All part of the fun when attending speedway, the sound, smell & getting covered in shale! :party:

Especially as there's no greyhound track u will get hit by shale on the bends. The odd piece of stone can whack u in the face. 

Unless u want a seat in the stands or be along the front it doesn't really get too crowded to choose where u want to go. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, PirateShip said:

I go bend one at the front, great for getting covered in sh**..... shale! All part of the fun when attending speedway, the sound, smell & getting covered in shale! :party:

Especially as there's no greyhound track u will get hit by shale on the bends. The odd piece of stone can whack u in the face. 

Unless u want a seat in the stands or be along the front it doesn't really get too crowded to choose where u want to go. 

I don't mind getting covered haha, just like to know before hand what to expect... All part of the fun, I did once at Redcar get a bit of shale under one of my eyelids, which kinda freaked me out :D

Was very busy today, not the best track for viewing, but the racing looked decent as far as I could tell

5 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

I don't mind getting covered haha, just like to know before hand what to expect... All part of the fun, I did once at Redcar get a bit of shale under one of my eyelids, which kinda freaked me out :D

Was very busy today, not the best track for viewing, but the racing looked decent as far as I could tell

Newcastle and Birmingham come to mind when not good for viewing so if ur talkin about Leicester I don't understand how u can say that. I'm a liddle puzzled. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Newcastle and Birmingham come to mind when not good for viewing so if ur talkin about Leicester I don't understand how u can say that. I'm a liddle puzzled. 

Back straight terracing is useless (not raked enough), but otherwise Leicester provides plenty of decent choices

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PirateShip said:

Newcastle is decent for viewing? Or at least where I stand... Birmingham is awful and Leicester isn't the worst but wasnt the best yesterday, I didn't manage to get a spot at the front so had to view through peoples heads on the first bend and was getting shaled quite a lot, which doesn't happen at newcastle

5 hours ago, Diamonds85 said:

Newcastle is decent for viewing? Or at least where I stand... Birmingham is awful and Leicester isn't the worst but wasnt the best yesterday, I didn't manage to get a spot at the front so had to view through peoples heads on the first bend and was getting shaled quite a lot, which doesn't happen at newcastle

So let’s get this right. Your nights viewing was poor because of a big crowd and a lot of shale on the track.

isn’t that what most people want from speedway?

On 9/5/2021 at 9:42 AM, Diamonds85 said:

As I previously mentioned there is no dog track at Leicester so you will get hit by shale on the bends and I did say u have to be there early for a seat in the stands or to stand at the front. And for viewing through people's heads, I'm sure if you asked politely someone would've moved up a bit to allow you to be at the front whether that is on the bends or straights.

You don't get hit by shale at Newcastle because there is a dog track and 95% of the viewing is only from the home straight.

Edited by PirateShip
  • Like 1

******Urgent and important ********

If anybody receives a Facebook friend request from Leicester Speedway do not accept it or complete the questionnaire even if you can see some fellow fans in the group , It appears a copy page has been created that has copied all the clubs official posts 

Edited by flagrag

1 hour ago, flagrag said:

******Urgent and important ********

If anybody receives a Facebook friend request from Leicester Speedway do not accept it or complete the questionnaire even if you can see some fellow fans in the group , It appears a copy page has been created that has copied all the clubs official posts 

Will do. I once got arrested for filling in a questionnaire. He was the doorman an up market London hotel that refused me entry.

LEICESTER Speedway can update supporters with the latest fixture picture.

Stewart Dickson’s Watling JCB Lions will tackle Poole on Saturday, September 18 in the Knockout Cup Semi-Final first leg on home shale (7pm).

The return fixture in Dorset has been confirmed for Wednesday, September 29 with a place in the final against Birmingham, Edinburgh, or Glasgow on the line.

And in an exciting move, the club will host a feast of racing with a doubleheader on Saturday, September 25. They will face Kent Kings at 6 pm, featuring former Grand Prix stars Scott Nicholls and Troy Batchelor, and then a National Development League clash between the clubs will follow.

This also frees up Saturday, October 9 for a new fixture at Leicester.

The club will announce in week commencing September 13 the pricing structure for the doubleheader against Kent.

Supporters who have purchased an online ticket for the Kent fixture on September 18 will be contacted during week commencing September 13 to ascertain whether they want to switch their ticket to the new date v Kent or use it for the Poole KOC match.

Fans are reminded the next meeting at the Paul Chapman and Sons Arena, (Beaumont Park) is this Saturday against a strong Edinburgh side (7 pm).

1 hour ago, justathought said:

LEICESTER Speedway can update supporters with the latest fixture picture.

Stewart Dickson’s Watling JCB Lions will tackle Poole on Saturday, September 18 in the Knockout Cup Semi-Final first leg on home shale (7pm).

The return fixture in Dorset has been confirmed for Wednesday, September 29 with a place in the final against Birmingham, Edinburgh, or Glasgow on the line.

And in an exciting move, the club will host a feast of racing with a doubleheader on Saturday, September 25. They will face Kent Kings at 6 pm, featuring former Grand Prix stars Scott Nicholls and Troy Batchelor, and then a National Development League clash between the clubs will follow.

This also frees up Saturday, October 9 for a new fixture at Leicester.

The club will announce in week commencing September 13 the pricing structure for the doubleheader against Kent.

Supporters who have purchased an online ticket for the Kent fixture on September 18 will be contacted during week commencing September 13 to ascertain whether they want to switch their ticket to the new date v Kent or use it for the Poole KOC match.

Fans are reminded the next meeting at the Paul Chapman and Sons Arena, (Beaumont Park) is this Saturday against a strong Edinburgh side (7 pm).

Well, the wisdom of cancelling matches for no reason earlier in the season has cost them my £17! I won't be attending any double headers at Leicester unless there is no increase in admission. The Promotion plays a blinder again smh