British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

BERWICK v BIRMINGHAM (May 22nd) 6.30pm - followed by Bullets v Belle Vue Colts

6 hours ago, Deano said:

Understand sometimes it can’t be avoided but speedway constantly disappoints doesn’t it.

I would bet if they all got a £10,000 per match fine for running with guests, or an equal fine for putting out a weakend team due to missing riders, then they would "find a way" to run every meeting without guests and with teams of a sufficient standard..

Either through a common sense approach to fixture planning, a fit for purpose rider replacement facility, or even have less team places up for grabs so it creates surplus across the two top leagues to replace injured or underperforming riders..

Let's face it, it is just "easier" to use guests isnt it? And that is why daft fixture clashes will not even be seen an issue..

And also why a truly exciting sport will never reach its wider potential in this country, as, sadly it cant be taken seriously..

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 1

Berwick`s Danny Gappmaier getting a bit of practice for Saturday night as he takes his place in the Edinburgh challenge meeting at Armadale tomorrow night.

On 5/18/2021 at 10:47 PM, DSC67 said:

If you have a season pass do you need to book a space to stand ? 

I emailed them was told they are leaving capacity in all areas, for season pass holders.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, screm said:

Berwick`s Danny Gappmaier getting a bit of practice for Saturday night as he takes his place in the Edinburgh challenge meeting at Armadale tomorrow night.

Should take some points off the Millar Brothers.:P

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bandit59 said:

I emailed them was told they are leaving capacity in all areas, for season pass holders.

Yeah I contacted them last night and was told my nanme would be added to the standing area 

never mind i will be there on sat night to meet my fans for another season 

Worth mentioning perhaps, that four central sections (C, D, E & F) of the grandstand are now showing "no tickets left" on the booking site, so if you want a sit-down on Saturday, be soooooooon.......

Edited by crescent girl

11 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Worth mentioning perhaps, that four central sections (C, D, E & F) of the grandstand are now showing "no tickets left" on the booking site, so if you want a sit-down on Saturday, be soooooooon.......

dont think the club is  in the postion th refuse any money at all

11 hours ago, crescent girl said:

Any  indication on what the Crowd level has been set at.Or can’t that be answered on Social media.

16 hours ago, col69 said:

never mind i will be there on sat night to meet my fans for another season 

:t:

40 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Any  indication on what the Crowd level has been set at.Or can’t that be answered on Social media.

I wouldn't know on your first point, but I do find it bizarre that Berwick Speedway wont or don't interact with their fans on social media.

• Like 2

hope the  covers are on lots of rain to day in berwick

58 minutes ago, screm said:

Weather has been rotten in Berwick today but thankfully its a better forecast for tomorrow.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2655819

might be to late for covers to be put down