British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

GP 2021 rounds 5 and 6 Lublin Fri/Sat 6th/7th August live on BT Sport

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

BREAKING NEWS: Bartek Zmarzlik again sent shockwaves through the Speedway world earlier this evening amassing an amazing 78 out of a possible 80 World Championship points in the last 4 GP's, all coincidentally in his home country! It was more joy for Poland as Dominik Kubera again made the rostrum on his home track.

@chunky was sought for comment but was unavailable, although there have been reported sightings of him looking for his coat.

@iainb again declined to comment.

:drink:

Funny, isn't it?

There were six rounds of the 2020 GP in Poland - and Zmarzlik only won two of those (but won the two in Prague!)

There were three rounds of the 2019 GP in Poland - and Zmarzlik only finished on the rostrum once in those...

There were three rounds of the 2018 GP in Poland - and not one of them was won by a Pole (even though three GP's had Polish winners)

There were three rounds of the 2017 GP in Poland - and only one was one by a Pole. (even though five GP's had Polish winners)

There were three rounds of the 2016 GP in Poland - and not one was won by a Pole - yet a Pole won in Denmark

There were three rounds of the 2015 GP in Poland - and not one was won by a Pole - yet a Pole won in Latvia

You want to remind us how it's the Polish tracks that decide the winners, and not the quality of rider???

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, chunky said:

Funny, isn't it?

Well, I'm having a little chuckle to myself :D

5 minutes ago, iainb said:

Well, I'm having a little chuckle to myself :D

I get it; little things please little minds...:t:

3 minutes ago, chunky said:

I get it; little things please little minds...:t:

Rude!

Does anybody know why Tragic Janowski was awarded 2nd place in the race when Fred got excluded for unfair/dangerous/dirty riding as he crossed the line in 3rd place and the race wasn't stopped. 

Lindgren obviously impeded Janowksi, ref should have stopped then race there and then, would have if Janowski has fallen as most riders would. Berntzon was fourth best in the race, the point he can consider a bonus.
For the record I don't think Poles are better in Poland necessarily, I think they are more likely to over think which line they take on Polish tracks where as outside Poland they stick to their instincts.  We'll see in Malilla.  By your theory Berntzon should do well. 

Edited by Col

4 minutes ago, Col said:

By your theory Berntzon should do well. 

Berntzon, is quite obviously out of his depth. I'm not suggesting that Zmarlik is a bad rider he's quite clearly a sublime rider... he's just got an unfair advantage that's all. 

Well done Artem Laguta, what a fantastic win that was.

I think we know what MFR is short for.

Samuel L Jackson knows for sure. 

3 hours ago, iainb said:

I'm not suggesting that Zmarlik is a bad rider he's quite clearly a sublime rider... he's just got an unfair advantage that's all. 

Of course he has; he's better than everybody else!

Edited by chunky
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Falubaz said:

Yes. Gollob was dominating international speedway in  speedway's best days. In his time the discipline had all the legendary riders and he still destroyed them. I think of him as he was Adam Małysz of speedwway. :P

I loved Tomek during his career, but the claim that he destroyed the other greats of the era seems unfounded due to the fact that he won ONE world title in an era that saw Tony Rickardsson win 6, Nicki Pedersen win 3, Jason Crump win 3 and some dull American win a few as well...
You might need to rethink that "destroyed" claim :rolleyes:

4 hours ago, Triple.H. said:

Big question is why did MJ stick with the same bike all night ? 

Because he had nothing better? 

4 hours ago, chunky said:

As nobody is allowed to represent "Russia" at the moment (just the respective Russian sports federations), they are playing that instead of the national anthem. That is ALL sports...

But NOT ALL competitions...Only ones classified as "World" events. Russian anthem is OK for "regional" events such as SEC.

3 hours ago, Col said:

Referee  decisions odd - Zmarzlik was in front of Fricke on the line... If the referee thought Lindgren impeded Janowski enough at the time why didn't he stop the race? I don't want VAR in Speedway! Doyle should have been excluded for taking out Swidnicki. And Lindgren for causing the Vaculik injury.

Yeah, I was intrigued by some of the decisions.
To me, Zmarzlik looked ahead of Fricke in that race...and interesting that they didn't show the transponder times for that race! Not that those are the right way to decide a result as positioning can make a difference. At this level, WHY is there still no proper photo finish system in place? Why is ref being made to look at random TV camera angles that are never totally in line? Get a proper system in place like most top level sports run.

Lindgren and Janowski...YES! Stop the race if you think it was an unfair move.
I am absolutely amazed that the rules allow a ref to look back after a race finishes and swap the finishing position of riders. Janowski finished last. If you are going to exclude Lindgren without stopping the race, should that not make Janowski third?

Doyle/Swidnicki incident I am OK with. Yes, Doyle took out Swidnicki, but the decision was an unsatisfactory start due to the tapes going up unevenly, so anything that happened after that was irrelevant.

Lindgren and Vaculik....First bend incident for me, so ref got it right. Yes, Lindgren lifted and went a bit wider than normal, but they were all so close it was hard to say that the outside two wouldn't have collided without any Lindgren involvement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HenryW said:

I loved Tomek during his career, but the claim that he destroyed the other greats of the era seems unfounded due to the fact that he won ONE world title in an era that saw Tony Rickardsson win 6, Nicki Pedersen win 3, Jason Crump win 3 and some dull American win a few as well...
You might need to rethink that "destroyed" claim :rolleyes:

Because he had nothing better? 

But NOT ALL competitions...Only ones classified as "World" events. Russian anthem is OK for "regional" events such as SEC.

Yeah, I was intrigued by some of the decisions.
To me, Zmarzlik looked ahead of Fricke in that race...and interesting that they didn't show the transponder times for that race! Not that those are the right way to decide a result as positioning can make a difference. At this level, WHY is there still no proper photo finish system in place? Why is ref being made to look at random TV camera angles that are never totally in line? Get a proper system in place like most top level sports run.

Lindgren and Janowski...YES! Stop the race if you think it was an unfair move.
I am absolutely amazed that the rules allow a ref to look back after a race finishes and swap the finishing position of riders. Janowski finished last. If you are going to exclude Lindgren without stopping the race, should that not make Janowski third?

Doyle/Swidnicki incident I am OK with. Yes, Doyle took out Swidnicki, but the decision was an unsatisfactory start due to the tapes going up unevenly, so anything that happened after that was irrelevant.

Lindgren and Vaculik....First bend incident for me, so ref got it right. Yes, Lindgren lifted and went a bit wider than normal, but they were all so close it was hard to say that the outside two wouldn't have collided without any Lindgren involvement.

Gollob was nowhere near good enough and consistent enough during the Rickardsson/Crump/Pedersen era to get close to dominating.

Put him on a big wide track with rockets underneath him and he was superb to watch, however as proven season upon season, he wasn't consistent enough to win a world title until Rickardsson had retired, Crump and Pedersen were passed their peak and the overall quality in the line up was well below the standards of previous seasons.

I actually liked Gollob a lot, in full flight a joy to watch and had that aura about him. But to consider him in the same breath as the likes of Ricko, Pedersen, Crump, Hancock is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Lublin Saturday result

1st  Laguta  20

2nd  Zmarzlik  18

3rd  Kubera  16

4th  Lindgren   14

5th  Sayfutdinov 12

6th  Fricke 11

7th  Woffinden  10

8th  Thomsen  9

9t Lambert  8

10t  Doyle  7

11t Vaculik  6

12t Madsen 5

13th Kasprzak  4

14th Zagar  3

15th Janowski  2

16th Berntzon 1

Standings  after round 6 of 11

1 Zmarzlik 101

2 Laguta  100

3 lindgren  80

4  Sayfutdinov  79

5 Janowski  72

6 Woffinden 65

7 Madsen 59

8 Fricke 52

9 Doyle 47

10 Vaculik 45

Out of interest( to me anyway :) )  here would be  the standings under the OLD POINTS SYSTEM

1= Zmarzlik  97

1= Laguta 97

3 Sayfutdinov  68

4= Lindgren  65

4= Janowski 65

6=Woffinden  59

6= Madsen  59

8 Doyle  45

9 Fricke  44

10=  Vaculik  43

10= Lambert 43

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, HenryW said:

Don't watch it live so I can whizz through the prattle. Didn't realise it was deemed unsatisfactory start.