British Speedway Forum
Fullmax

Torun Grand Prix 2021 (Entry to Poland for UK citizens)

On 9/23/2021 at 9:45 PM, magnus said:

Does it after be digital copy? Or can you do paper copy?

The PLF is a website form you have to fill in online. Once you have done it you receive  it attached to an  email. You can then show this on your phone or if you wish can print it out. You can only do this within 48 hours of returning and will need the day 2 test booking reference number.

Edited by Rob B

Can anyone advise on the best way of getting from Bydgoszcz to Torun on the Friday/Monday? There seems to be a fairly decent train link, or taxis if it comes to it, but how plentiful is the service? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

Taxi was surprisingly expensive so I got the bus, not the best of journeys but cheap. I think it took about an hour but it was a few years ago so memory a bit dodgy

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JCookie said:

Can anyone advise on the best way of getting from Bydgoszcz to Torun on the Friday/Monday? There seems to be a fairly decent train link, or taxis if it comes to it, but how plentiful is the service? Any tips would be greatly appreciated!

https://www.polrail.com/en

I'd do the taxi. They can be booked via booking.com in advance nowadays

• Like 2

Been going since 2012 & I get the standard bus from the Airport (run about 1/2 hourly) which drops at bus & train station. Buses about hourly & take 1 hour. Or trains about the same. Check koleo.pl for train times but if your hotel is in/near the square get off at Torun miasto NOT Glowny. As its the other side of the bridge. I usually go by bus (£2 each way). And about 60p on bus from airport to Bydgoszcz centre. The bus stop is out of the airport turn left walk past the taxis & the stop is on the left.

Can`t go this year & have a ticket for Saturday opposite the side line lower section. Happy to give away BUT would ask in return for you to get me 3 x Torun GP programmes & post them to me in Gloucester. If anyone can make use of it let me know. First come etc.

Have a great time!!!!

• Like 1

Anyone going to Torun the event info is on the Torun Speedway website. I’m out and about so can’t provide a link or translation but i think it’s again free travel on trams for ticket holders between 3pm and midnight on both days presumably.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, racers and royals said:

Anyone going to Torun the event info is on the Torun Speedway website. I’m out and about so can’t provide a link or translation but i think it’s again free travel on trams for ticket holders between 3pm and midnight on both days presumably.

The most important speedway competition of the season is approaching fast - the tournaments for the Polish Grand Prix in Toruń. Please be advised that on Friday, from 4:00 p.m., the ticket offices for the 10th round and programs (one for both rounds) will be sold. On Saturday, due to the sold tickets for the 11th round, only the sale of programs will be carried out at the clubs.

We would like to remind you that ticket holders and Speedway Grand Prix of Poland volunteers can travel to the competition for free by public transport.

In connection with the modernization of tram tracks in ul. Broniewskiego and Bydgoska, access to the event on October 1 and 2, 2021 will take place by trams no. 1 and 4 to the "Okręcna" stop. Additionally, with al. Solidarności to the "Uniwersytet" terminus from 16:46 to 18:46 every 20 minutes there will be tram no. 8 running.

After the competition, from the "Uniwersytet" terminus, additional courses of the trams No. 1 to the "Olimpijska" terminus and No. 4 to the "Wschodnia" terminus and line No. 8 to al. Solidarity.

Persons with a valid ticket for the SGP tournament, upon presentation of a valid ticket on the day of validity of the ticket on the day of the event, are entitled to free travel by public transport on the day of the competition on all lines in zone I from 15:00 to 24:00.

On 9/19/2021 at 12:00 AM, HenryW said:

Unless you are flying to an airport in Scotland. Seems like the Scottish Government are retaining that test :rolleyes:

That's not true. On 24th September, Scotland announced it was also scrapping that test for vaccinated travellers. See here: International travel testing updated - gov.scot (www.gov.scot)

Edited by stewmac

1 minute ago, stewmac said:

That's not true. On 24th September, Scotland announced it was also scrapping that test for vaccinated travellers. 

Indeed. They finally changed their requirements after I'd made that post and also after I'd ordered a test to bring with me :blink:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HenryW said:

Indeed. They finally changed their requirements after I'd made that post and also after I'd ordered a test to bring with me :blink:

It pays to wait...literally!

Friday`s draw

1 R. LAMBERT 505  
2 M. ZAGAR 55  
3 M. JANOWSKI 71  
4 M. VACULIK 54  
5 A. LAGUTA 222  
6 M. FRICKE 46  
7 O. BERNTZON 93  
8 L. MADSEN 30  
9 F. LINDGREN 66  
10 T. WOFFINDEN 108