British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crazysue

Plymouth v Redcar 10th August

Is there anyone going to this meeting who would be able to text updates to the Updates site? If so,  could you please send me a private message which includes your mobile phone number. 

Thanks 

Message to all the Redcar Bears Speedway Fans on the Southern tour, who have extended it to visit the Isle of Wight.

We are all very sorry to hear of the meeting cancellation at Poole, so we wanted to do a small surprise to cheer you all up while you are at Smallbrook Stadium with us. We will organise a centre green visit at least during your visit and if we can extend it to other treats we will.
Send me a DM or email speedwayontheisland@yahoo.co.uk and we can go from there .

All the best from us all and we look forward to welcome you

If you are coming there will be

Gates open 5.15pm

Pits open 5.45 - 6.15pm

Youth demos from 6.15pm

Lady races - 3 races featuring 4 female riders.

6.45 Parade

Upright challenge 6 races of Team MPS Body and Paint Jawa V Metro Timber Weslakes.

15 races of 3TT Warriors V Oxford V Heathens. 15 races including Handicap races, and nominated races.

BRUCE CRIBB rides an ice bike and if there is time we will have a few japs out and about at meeting close

Still looking for a texter for this meeting,  is anyone able to help please?

Thanks 

Another good result.

Bjarne Pedersen on fire… unbelievable that he is retiring at the end of the season

4 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

It’s ridiculous really such a shame.

You can say it’s a shame, can’t possibly agree with the ridiculous. It’s the guys decision and when they risk everything every time they go on the track they are entitled to retire whenever they want, whether that’s at 43/23

Of course it’s it’s up to the rider and I fully respect his decision it’s just been great to see him every week and I’m sure every club would like him in there team including you.

Well if it is his last season what a way to go out! Saw his first meeting away at Scunthorpe and thought he was outstanding. Glad to see he has kept it up pretty much every week

Just gotta enjoy his class while he is here, same with Nicholls. Both loyal and consistent riders over the years. 

Edited by Robinh88
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

Of course it’s it’s up to the rider and I fully respect his decision it’s just been great to see him every week and I’m sure every club would like him in there team including you.

And I bet his equipment was 'gleaming' as well...

Something my lad said on Monday was "how good do his bikes look?"

He rode on Sunday at Newcastle too...

A true professional...

• Like 2

The way things are going he must be tempted to have one more season, he is a terrific ambassador for uk speedway

I remember around 5 years ago he was reserve for Poole and was awful , could only really beat the graded reserves at the time. Very impressive how hes bounced back and become one of the top championship riders again. 

Will he retire or do one more season I wonder?

10 minutes ago, Pinny said:

I remember around 5 years ago he was reserve for Poole and was awful , could only really beat the graded reserves at the time. Very impressive how hes bounced back and become one of the top championship riders again. 

Will he retire or do one more season I wonder?

Nothing against Bjarne as he has certainly come through a bad spell from a few seasons ago,but really the standard of the sport in in GB has dropped a lot since then.

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

Nothing against Bjarne as he has certainly come through a bad spell from a few seasons ago,but really the standard of the sport in in GB has dropped a lot since then.

It has of course but he is still beating the top boys in both leagues. 

What is his actual 2021 championship average, anybody know?