British Speedway Forum
Bald Bloke

Kings Lynn Stars v Sheffield Tigers 19/08/21

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

I'll start the bidding £1

Don’t think even at that price you’ll find many takers sadly . 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, iainb said:

With your quid , I bet you'll be taking on £50k at least of liabilities. Not least your track licence deposit with the BSPA

Keep it in you pocket

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, iainb said:

Is it a Dutch auction ? :)

• Haha 2

To be fair fo the promoters.. 

When you have basically cobbled together a league structure, knowing it will be completely bereft of credibility by your actions, for the sole reason of providing circa 90 riders with 126 team places...

And they then pick and choose when they will support you back...

I can kind of understand how frustrating it must be..

But they run the sport, not the riders, and any buck ultimately stops with them..

As with many things in life...

You invariably in the end, always reap what you sow..

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, castrolargh said:

The track looked rubbish from outside when the grader came out. This time, for the first time ,I saved my money and went home .seen it too many times before, buster scrapes the slop off then gets in a mood when riders done fancy it. Cant blame them, and for once I agree with troy batchelors usual take on things, if the track is crap, the entertainment is crap,  so what would have been a late night watching a rubbish meeting became an early night. Apart from the poor so and so's  who were inside the stadium waiting.

The entertainments been crap from batchelor on a GOOD track...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, tyke said:

BOGOF

It's not funny is it !!!

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, poole keith said:

big  summer sale, buy one get one free

Bad taste

• Like 1

I don't blame Buster for his statement but i do hope he changes his mind.He worked his arse off to get the track rideable(Holder).Pretty sure as the refs went by me(home straight)they said it would be off,that was just as Buster started work on the track.Why didn't they tell him before he worked his arse off,did we expect anything else from the ref.Stead and Howarth was pleased it was off,they didn't half looked shocked though when Buster said what he did.Why couldn't a couple of riders have gone out for a spin to test the track?

• Like 3

I was in the stadium from 6.15. Yeah it rained .It cleared .Buster bladed the track and it looked fine. I spoke to Alex and he said 6 out of 7 Tigers riders didn't want to ride. Buster lost his rubbish and said the 2 clubs are for sale. I have a pic of the bladed track on my phone and it was fine

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tellboy said:

I don't blame Buster for his statement but i do hope he changes his mind.He worked his arse off to get the track rideable(Holder).Pretty sure as the refs went by me(home straight)they said it would be off,that was just as Buster started work on the track.Why didn't they tell him before he worked his arse off,did we expect anything else from the ref.Stead and Howarth was pleased it was off,they didn't half looked shocked though when Buster said what he did.Why couldn't a couple of riders have gone out for a spin to test the track?

idiot all wrong with the bladed track. After 3 or 4 heats it would of been spot on

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

I was in the stadium from 6.15. Yeah it rained .It cleared .Buster bladed the track and it looked fine. I spoke to Alex and he said 6 out of 7 Tigers riders didn't want to ride. Buster lost his rubbish and said the 2 clubs are for sale. I have a pic of the bladed track on my phone and it was fine

So what stops KL sending riders out in 2's onto the track to prove it's rideable ?

• Like 3

Just now, tyke said:

So what stops KL sending riders out in 2's onto the track to prove it's rideable ?

Some twit did. Sheffield didn't want any of it.Buster couldn't do any more

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Some twit did. Sheffield didn't want any of it.Buster couldn't do any more

So 'Alex' can character assassinate 6 of 7 tigers, but KL weren't prepared to stick any of their riders out to prove otherwise :rofl:

• Like 1